How much have we missed Purse?

Maybe so, but Buxton is a far better centre half than Hinds.

I think Hinds reads the game much better and is stronger in the tackle and in the air

The only plus point Buxton has at centre half is that he is marginally quicker and is better on the ball

aye i agree, and tbh i disagree with the guy saying that simek is better than buxon

Pace : Simek wins

Positional sense : Simek wins

Dribbling ability : Simek wins

Crossing ability : On par

Tackling : Buxton slightly

Heading: Buxton

Determination : Simek wins

Calmness on the ball : Simek wins

Distribution : Simek wins

Fans favourite : Simek wins

Not really sure how you can say Buxton is a better right back

He is a centre back playing slightly out wide

As much as I never thought I would say it, he is going to be THE most important player in our run in

Irvine has taught Purse and Beevers how to defend individually, as well as as a pairing.

Beevers looks a lot better along side him and they seem to now have an understanding of what each other will be doing and where they need to be in relation to the ball and each other at all times

This credit has to go to Alan, as before with Laws, they both looked clueless and devoid of any defensive traits what so ever

I think it may have to go to Rob Kelly. I sit just behind next to the dug-out in the South Stand lower and it seems that he is the one shouting at the defence and giving them the instructions.

Just wondering what people's views on how much of an impact the injury of Darren Purse has had on our previous two games?

Have we desperately needed his leadership, passion and fight, or would we have had two spineless performances regardless?

POTM, our Darren! After all that slagging off, to have come good shows he's got bottle.

But now then, how about this? Jeffers, Miller, Purse, Grant: this is our status-saving spine!

Just you watch this space, and get yourselves down the bookies!

UTO!

Thats kinda your opinion though ain't it. Before simek got injured yes, but I would prefer buxton in the team right now. For balance, I'd say:

Pace : Simek wins

Positional sense : Buxton wins

Dribbling ability : neither player has any

Crossing ability : both poo

Tackling : actually I'd say Simek slightly

Heading: Buxton

Determination : Simek wins

Calmness on the ball : Buxton wins

Distribution : Buxton wins

Fans favourite : Simek wins

bold ones are the most important for us atm

the sooner the back four is

buxton.....purse......beevers.....nolan

the better.

Edited by robswfc

Woody is the one we have really missed.

Disagree. People are overrating him in hindsight just because we've happened to be crap in the same season he left. He's an average CCC centre back, and after the way he engineered a move away I wouldn't have him back playing for us for free, nevermind for a wage.

Woody is the one we have really missed.

garbage. on par with Beevers and Hinds .. his mediocre performances for Coventry in a failing backline are testament to that

we seriously have missed Purse in the last couple of games. we definately wouldn't have conceded 5 against Reading if he'd have played

we missed out on Elliot Ward

IF we are still in the championship next season then we seriously need to reshuffle alot of the back 4

start putting buxton in the middle. get Frankie a pre season in him, if we offer him a new contract. look at having Spurr and Beevers as backup, offload Hinds and get some bloody good replacements in