How much have we missed Purse?

Just wondering what people's views on how much of an impact the injury of Darren Purse has had on our previous two games?

Have we desperately needed his leadership, passion and fight, or would we have had two spineless performances regardless?

Guest spanish owl

Just wondering what people's views on how much of an impact the injury of Darren Purse has had on our previous two games?

Have we desperately needed his leadership, passion and fight, or would we have had two spineless performances regardless?

WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON!!!!

:blink::blink:

For me Purse is one of our better centre backs, the problem being early doors that he would have one good game and then 2 poor ones full of errors.

But to be fair to him hes been much improved and more consistent under Irvine, he certainly never gives up and is one of the few players willing to show some backbone..so yes we have missed him I think.

Guest NORTHWESTOWL

WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON!!!!

:blink::blink:

Have argued constantly with fellow season ticket holders in South Stand round me - Purse is a good defender but has been continually slagged by all and sundry.Sometimes prior to even touching the ball !! How do these knockers think we have done without him.. just look at the facts...

best defender we have at the club.

Moderately, we can't pretend he wasn't leaking goals left, right and centre himself earlier in the season. Has been one of the better players of late though, which is no more than we should expect from our much vaunted experienced captain.

As much as I never thought I would say it, he is going to be THE most important player in our run in

Irvine has taught Purse and Beevers how to defend individually, as well as as a pairing.

Beevers looks a lot better along side him and they seem to now have an understanding of what each other will be doing and where they need to be in relation to the ball and each other at all times

This credit has to go to Alan, as before with Laws, they both looked clueless and devoid of any defensive traits what so ever

The planet where Purse has been one of our better players since Irvine took charge

For me Purse is one of our better centre backs, the problem being early doors that he would have one good game and then 2 poor ones full of errors.

But to be fair to him hes been much improved and more consistent under Irvine, he certainly never gives up and is one of the few players willing to show some backbone..so yes we have missed him I think.

^^^^ What they said.

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

personally i think he's been our best player overall since Christmas

he's a massive miss along with JJ atm

Guest owls_4_life

Bad start but much better player this year (2010).

I think we've missed him a lot he seems to be one of the few that cares

Here's a thought.

Lewis Buxton has missed the last 5 games, in that time we have had 1 win and 4 defeats.

BRING BACK BUXTON.

I know that is tongue in cheek, but there is no way that muppet is going to get back in the side now.

Simek is better than him and now Nolan looks a lot more assured than both

I know that is tongue in cheek, but there is no way that muppet is going to get back in the side now.

Simek is better than him and now Nolan looks a lot more assured than both

Maybe so, but Buxton is a far better centre half than Hinds.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.