All Time 'Hard Graft' 11

Guest maynardn

Guest maynardn

There's always a lot of best 11 threads flying about but I wonder who you'd draft into our All Time Hard Graft 11 bearing in mind our current 'No Fight' 11.

What I wouldn't give to have ruffians like Coughlan and Bully at the back at the moment screaming blue murder at everyone and kicking lumps out of all and sundry with no regard for personal safety. Not good footballers players as such but never could you question their commitment.

And let's thrown Palmer into the middle for good measure.

No doubt Grant is a great keeper nor would I question his commitment to date despite some poor recent performances but MAN would I like to see a Pressman in goal.

Guest Deleted member

1: Martin Hodge

2. Mel Sterland

3. Nigel Worthington

4. Mick Lyons

5. Nigel Pearson

6. Carlton Palmer

7. John Sheridan

8. Paulo Di Canio

9. David Hirst

10. Andy McCulloch

11. Terry Curran

Not just grafters - but players who had a will to win. Took no bloody time at all to create that list. Try and think of 1 in our current squad. (Actually thats not fair on JOC)

2. Mel Sterland

3. Nigel Worthington

4. Mick Lyons

5. Nigel Pearson

6. Carlton Palmer

7. John Sheridan

8. Paulo Di Canio

9. David Hirst

10. Andy McCulloch

11. Terry Curran

Not just grafters - but players who had a will to win. Took no bloody time at all to create that list. Try and think of 1 in our current squad. (Actually thats not fair on JOC)

Yeah to be fair JOC does work hard. Probably does more than his share with Potter in there with him.

2. Mel Sterland

3. Nigel Worthington

4. Mick Lyons

5. Nigel Pearson

6. Carlton Palmer

7. John Sheridan

8. Paulo Di Canio

9. David Hirst

10. Andy McCulloch

11. Terry Curran

A mention to Graham Hyde - about 9 and a half stone wet and 5 foot 6, but one of the hardest working players, and fearless players, I have ever seen in the shirt.

Paul Williams also was one hell of a grafter - he did 3 times the running of Hirst.

I would say JJ works fairly hard, with no real direction a lot of the time, but he does work (i.e. his game at right back against Coventry the other year)

2. Mel Sterland

3. Nigel Worthington

4. Mick Lyons

5. Nigel Pearson

6. Carlton Palmer

7. John Sheridan

8. Paulo Di Canio

9. David Hirst

10. Andy McCulloch

11. Terry Curran

fair team, but i think i would have swapped sheridan for gary shelton

Lee Peacock. He was a grafter, as it was all he could bloody do.

Andy Booth, although I really couldn't stand him

2 examples of players that gave 100% but still the fans didn't particularly like them. So maybe 100% effort alone is not all we expect as fans.

I suppose the point is it's the minimum we expect.

The OP mentioned Bully but I think to be fair to Darren Purse he offers something similar in the leadership stakes, both Bully and Purse are prone to gaffes but Purse has been steadier recently.

Carbone actually worked really hard 90% of the time.

my 16 based upon my memories of lots of hard work, running and playing through the pain barrier.

Pressman

Nilsson

Thome

Coughlan

Bullen

Carbone

Palmer

Quinn

Whittingham

Hirst

Tudgay (for 90% of his time here to be fair he has grafted)

Subs

Purse

Hyde

Booth

Di Piedi

Alexandersson

James O'Connor and Lee Peacock only just missed out lol

McAllister is definitely in that mould as well- not the most talented but would put his testicles in front of a bus if it meant 3 points for the team.

Guest Deleted member

McAllister is definitely in that mould as well- not the most talented but would put his testicles in front of a bus if it meant 3 points for the team.

Yes I should have said our current 11 - not the squad.

Guest Distraught!

Woods.....Petrescu.....Wood......Bougherra.......Geary........Folly......Jonk...

....Lunt......Debilde........Jeffers.........Jemson

Committed, loyal, everything to the Wednesday cause XI.

Woods.....Petrescu.....Wood......Bougherra.......Geary........Folly......Jonk...

....Lunt......Debilde........Jeffers.........Jemson

Committed, loyal, everything to the Wednesday cause XI.

:biggrin:

I'd have bougherra back always one mistake a match but what a player