Sheffield Wednesday's Sponsorship

Guest brooklyn6

I missed that Karaoke gig ;-)

:laugh:

ha ha

only just realised the typo.....

but .....

.....Did you konw taht tehre was a sutdy to povre taht you can raed as lnog as the frsit and lsat ltetres in the wrod are crrecot? The rset of the wdros can all be jbmueld tgeohter. Tihs is bacseue the hmaun mnid rdaes the wlohe wrod and not jsut the lteter

Edited by Glaser

Couldnt care less if we sponsored Mother Theresa or the Third Reich. Sort the flippingteam out!!!!!

Not sure if the Third Reich would fit into the family image of the club.

Having to put "Stars of David" on season tickets would be a PR disaster. :ph34r:

:laugh:

ha ha

only just realised the typo.....

but .....

.....Did you konw taht tehre was a sutdy to povre taht you can raed as lnog as the frsit and lsat ltetres in the wrod are crrecot? The rset of the wdros can all be jbmueld tgeohter. Tihs is bacseue the hmaun mnid rdaes the wlohe wrod and not jsut the lteter

No I dndi't konw taht.

Guest gringo69

Theo the Bear has cursed this club. Should we be relegated, the curse can only be lifted by Theo being sacrificed in the centre circle by Barney & Ozzie Owl, by having his heart cut out and offered up to the 'Football Gods' to redeem ourselves for the tripe played on our hallowed turf since Theo adorned the kit.

For Theo's sake, we better stay up.

Theo the Bear has cursed this club. Should we be relegated, the curse can only be lifted by Theo being sacrificed in the centre circle by Barney & Ozzie Owl, by having his heart cut out and offered up to the 'Football Gods' to redeem ourselves for the tripe played on our hallowed turf since Theo adorned the kit.

For Theo's sake, we better stay up.

Not sure if this would fit into the "family" club vibe we are going for.

Yes sorry obviously true with people buying a shirt , just wondering if people would actually donate directly to the charity now its the main sponsor?

Has it increased anyone's loyalty to SWFC??

Tbh i think everyone has donated in one way or another. Iv sponsored people and put money in coin collections etc.

Others have bought tickets for the Kids to come to games with carers too (poor sods as if they havent got enough to worry about :biggrin: )

Wicker man party on the pitch

mmmmm, who would light it though?

Perhaps that could be the prize for winning the half time raffle?

Personally i'd rather put most of the players in the thing.

Edited by SiJ

I don't know an awfull lot into the details however I think it's a nice idea... And whilst a commercial sponsor would have brought in some more cash, i'm not sure how much it would ease the mountain of debt. In my opinion a mediocre Championship side isn't likely to attract millions of pounds per season from a shirt sponsor, but that just my opinion and it could be wrong haha.

Found this link - http://www.le.ac.uk/sociology/css/resource...heets/fs11.html Don't know if you've come across it already but may be useful?

Guest AnotherOwl

The partnership has been the most / only positive aspect of this season. Does us proud.

Some more wins on the pitch would make it more worthy though, for both parties.

I work in a gold shop in donny and on friday a lady sold us some gold and i got talking to her and she said she was going to donate £10 of the money to Sheffields Childrens Hospital. I told her about our shirt sponsorship and she told me she already knew about it. Her child was in the hospital and she couldnt say enough about in her words "how wonderful the staff are", she does regular fund raising things as a thankyou to the hospital to raise money for them. She also told me how she got free Donny Rovers shirts and tickets and sold them to give the money to the hospital. It was just a random lady off the street but made me feel proud that are club is associated with such a thing and then seeing the other side , the people who are benefiting from it.

Guest Ripley Owl

As an initiative it's awesome, as a logo on the front of our shirts I think it looks like complete and utter poo and the reason I didn't buy the new shirt.

Proud as punch everytime i put mine on, they look great ! :biggrin:

As an initiative it's awesome, as a logo on the front of our shirts I think it looks like complete and utter poo and the reason I didn't buy the new shirt.

I still don't understand the notion that the logo must be crap unless it's something as undeniably hard as Arnold Schwarzenegger beating the crap out of a dozen opponents with his giant erection in only manly colours like black.

Edited by DJMortimer