Do you want another season like this one?

Guest triple j

There is no evidence, either at Preston or at Wednesday, that Alan Irvine is a great manager.

Thus far he has taken us from 21st position to 21st position.

At Preston he was sacked within 2 years.

Our tactics involve putting the laces through the ball and hoping it bounces nicely for one of our players.

Just because he is scottish and has a notebook does not make him a great manager. he has achieved nothing whatsoever in his short managerial career.

I think given a bit of time and his own players he'll turn us into a combative playoff spot flirtation type team who never quite make it.

The football will be awful to watch and we will be sitting in the stands daydreaming of what the rest of our weekend holds.

I cannot get excited, I love passing football.

Guest triple j

Some of the cr@p posted on here in unbelievable! Some of you need to calm down, your reaction to a bad season is

way way OTT! I cant believe people that have been going to Hillsborough for years & years are prepared to call it a day

because the current crop of average players are low on confidence and really struggling at the minute. What makes it

worse is that most admit that off the pitch things are the best they've been for a long time. On the pitch things took a

turn for the worst under Laws for a variety of reasons. But Laws has gone now and in the summer a lot of the current

players will be leaving too. So how can you use them as an excuse to give up on your club?

For a start the man at the top has only been here just over a year but we want him to turn around years of miss-

management in 1 season or we're not coming back next season! and we're not even giving Irvine that! he's had a few

months and we've given up hope he might do well given the chance!!! Its fecking ridiculous TBH!

If your undecided then think of it the same way I do, I look at this season and think 'do I want another 1 like it?'

the answer is NO so what can I do about it? I'm going to buy a ST as soon as I can and trying to encourage others to

do the same. If all who can buy in do so then we give Irvine a fighting chance of building a half decent squad by giving

him a half decent budget.

Your posts are way too preachy.

If we keep sulking and making pathetic excuses not to buy in for next season then we're going to struggle to compete

no matter what division we're in, and the people that didn't invest in 'their' club will be the first to complain!

Guest triple j

Dont mean to preach Im just fed up with reading some of the lame excuses for basically giving up on the club!

BTW your posts are mainly negative spin!

Negative yes, spin no.

Certain people have gone about this whole "Forward Together" thing COMPLETELY wrongly.

I said on another thread (the st numbers one) that Im not renewing, same as lots of other folk. Nobody is saying they will stop supporting the club, just that they arent prepared to renew now. For those of you that blindly have, well done.

Ive got some tickets for sale for the Eagles gig at the city hall next January if anybody wants them. They may not play any eagles songs, and the line up will probably be a bunch of strangers who have no links to the Eagles whatsoever. They are £200 each if you are happy to part with cash without knowing what you are buying then good luck

I said on another thread (the st numbers one) that Im not renewing, same as lots of other folk. Nobody is saying they will stop supporting the club, just that they arent prepared to renew now. For those of you that blindly have, well done.

Ive got some tickets for sale for the Eagles gig at the city hall next January if anybody wants them. They may not play any eagles songs, and the line up will probably be a bunch of strangers who have no links to the Eagles whatsoever. They are £200 each if you are happy to part with cash without knowing what you are buying then good luck

Why are you not renewing though? I can understand your frustration at the current buch of players, But next season it'll be a different team. And the more that renew the better (potentialy) that team can be. And dont say you were told the same last season, its a new Manager, give the man a fair crack at it before you throw the towel in!

Edited by Donny

Guest triple j

Yes :biggrin:

LS is a technology guy, this business is very different.

People's expectations have been raised through some pretty big talk, that is now biting him on the bum somewhat.

LS is a technology guy, this business is very different.

People's expectations have been raised through some pretty big talk, that is now biting him on the bum somewhat.

I agree, the expectations this year were unrealistic. Thats the main reason for all the doom & gloom IMO. This season isn't a new experience but we had high hopes following a 12th place finish and an increased budget (and some big talk from LS).

But I stand by my OP it's no excuse to give in just yet, LS needs to be given a little patiance 15 months is nothing.

Guest triple j

I agree, the expectations this year were unrealistic. Thats the main reason for all the doom & gloom IMO. This season isn't a new experience but we had high hopes following a 12th place finish and an increased budget (and some big talk from LS).

But I stand by my OP it's no excuse to give in just yet, LS needs to be given a little patiance 15 months is nothing.

Sometimes, people would like to see some action by the chairman and/or board members.

We need a couple of loanees, sharpish. This shower of sh*te are taking us down.

Surely these stats prove Irvine is the right man for the job......

Preston North End GAMES: 111 WON: 45 DRAWN: 26 LOST: 40 WIN %: 40.5

Sheffield Wednesday GAMES: 10 WON: 5 DRAWN: 0 LOST: 5 WIN %: 50.00

Interesting how we also haven't drawn one yet, considering he is playing effectively a shut up shop formation / tactical approach

Edited by Glaser

Sometimes, people would like to see some action by the chairman and/or board members.

We need a couple of loanees, sharpish. This shower of sh*te are taking us down.

Can we afford another loan signing?

If we used some of next seasons budget (like has been sugested) would it be worth the risk (we could still go down & have an even smaller budget next year)

Is there anyone decent available, that would make that big a difference?

Its not always so black & white.

I think when JJs back and Millers had a bit more match practice, we'll pick up the wins we need.

Can we afford another loan signing?

If we used some of next seasons budget (like has been sugested) would it be worth the risk (we could still go down & have an even smaller budget next year)

Is there anyone decent available, that would make that big a difference?

Its not always so black & white.

I think when JJs back and Millers had a bit more match practice, we'll pick up the wins we need.

Oh and Purse. I forgot Purse!

Have we won a game this season without him?