Do you want another season like this one?

Some of the cr@p posted on here in unbelievable! Some of you need to calm down, your reaction to a bad season is

way way OTT! I cant believe people that have been going to Hillsborough for years & years are prepared to call it a day

because the current crop of average players are low on confidence and really struggling at the minute. What makes it

worse is that most admit that off the pitch things are the best they've been for a long time. On the pitch things took a

turn for the worst under Laws for a variety of reasons. But Laws has gone now and in the summer a lot of the current

players will be leaving too. So how can you use them as an excuse to give up on your club?

For a start the man at the top has only been here just over a year but we want him to turn around years of miss-

management in 1 season or we're not coming back next season! and we're not even giving Irvine that! he's had a few

months and we've given up hope he might do well given the chance!!! Its fecking ridiculous TBH!

If your undecided then think of it the same way I do, I look at this season and think 'do I want another 1 like it?'

the answer is NO so what can I do about it? I'm going to buy a ST as soon as I can and trying to encourage others to

do the same. If all who can buy in do so then we give Irvine a fighting chance of building a half decent squad by giving

him a half decent budget.

If we keep sulking and making pathetic excuses not to buy in for next season then we're going to struggle to compete

no matter what division we're in, and the people that didn't invest in 'their' club will be the first to complain!

Some of the cr@p posted on here in unbelievable! Some of you need to calm down, your reaction to a bad season is

way way OTT! I cant believe people that have been going to Hillsborough for years & years are prepared to call it a day

because the current crop of average players are low on confidence and really struggling at the minute. What makes it

worse is that most admit that off the pitch things are the best they've been for a long time. On the pitch things took a

turn for the worst under Laws for a variety of reasons. But Laws has gone now and in the summer a lot of the current

players will be leaving too. So how can you use them as an excuse to give up on your club?

For a start the man at the top has only been here just over a year but we want him to turn around years of miss-

management in 1 season or we're not coming back next season! and we're not even giving Irvine that! he's had a few

months and we've given up hope he might do well given the chance!!! Its fecking ridiculous TBH!

If your undecided then think of it the same way I do, I look at this season and think 'do I want another 1 like it?'

the answer is NO so what can I do about it? I'm going to buy a ST as soon as I can and trying to encourage others to

do the same. If all who can buy in do so then we give Irvine a fighting chance of building a half decent squad by giving

If we keep sulking and making pathetic excuses not to buy in for next season then we're going to struggle to compete

no matter what division we're in, and the people that didn't invest in 'their' club will be the first to complain!

Irvine is a great manager, unfortunately the squad he has got his awful! there are some players in that team that should never play for Wednesday again!

Guest Walkley_Owl

Yes, i want to repeat this season over and over it's fabulous.

Why are your posts so damned difficult to read?

Guest Walkley_Owl

I have renewed unfortunately.

I meant in the way it comes out, continuing sentences appear on

different lines (like this for example)

Irvine is a great manager, unfortunately the squad he has got his awful! there are some players in that team that should never play for Wednesday again!

There is no evidence, either at Preston or at Wednesday, that Alan Irvine is a great manager.

Thus far he has taken us from 21st position to 21st position.

At Preston he was sacked within 2 years.

Our tactics involve putting the laces through the ball and hoping it bounces nicely for one of our players.

Just because he is scottish and has a notebook does not make him a great manager. he has achieved nothing whatsoever in his short managerial career.

Guest AnotherOwl

...current crop of average players are low on confidence and really struggling at the minute.

The biggest problem at the moment - the source of most of the bad feeling - is not the 'players' confidence'. It is the players' attitude. And it is totally impossible to justify.

I think most of the posts in the 'Why, why, why, why...' thread were spot on, and it was the positive, supportive posts that stood out.

Personally I'm in favour of the positive dudes, but I totally understand why those who are genuinely hard-up, should not want to pay money which ends up in the pockets of ignorant, selfish players.

Guest Stereophonics

There is no evidence, either at Preston or at Wednesday, that Alan Irvine is a great manager.

Our tactics involve putting the laces through the ball and hoping it bounces nicely for one of our players.

Just because he is scottish and has a notebook does not make him a great manager. he has achieved nothing whatsoever in his short managerial career.

:biggrin::laugh:

The biggest problem at the moment - the source of most of the bad feeling - is not the 'players' confidence'. It is the players' attitude. And it is totally impossible to justify.

I think most of the posts in the 'Why, why, why, why...' thread were spot on, and it was the positive, supportive posts that stood out.

Personally I'm in favour of the positive dudes, but I totally understand why those who are genuinely hard-up, should not want to pay money which ends up in the pockets of ignorant, selfish players.

Thats if you agree that it all boils down to thier attitude. I don't. Confidence should ever be underestimated. It's the difference between the same bunch of players doing well last season and struggling this IMO. We started the season playing some good stuff but we didn't get the results some of the performances deserved, as the confidence dropped so did the performances leading to the terrible run of form before Laws got the boot and despite a good run after Irvine took over it was always fragile and like others have said, if we conceed 1st it knocks the stuffing out of them.

If we get rid of the out of contract players hopfully Irvine will bring in players with more character we need leaders at the minute and our only real leader (Purse) is injured!

No he needs to chew gum throughout the game to realy be classed as a quality Manager! :biggrin:

FFS give the guy a chance! :rolleyes:

I'm not impressed with the notebook thing, it might look good but

Steve McLaren was always writing in his notebook and he was useless

and didn't Howard Wilkinson use a notebook too?

I rest my case.

Yeah and Wilko failed miserably at Wednesday didn't he! :blink:

Plus neither of them 2 are Scottish! :biggrin:

Edited by Donny

Glad someone else put this in.

Why, after getting rid of a manager they did not want to play for (allegedly).

Why, after winning 5 out of 7 games, would their confidence not be there.

Have they already lost confidence in AI, and/or his tactics ( which seemed to work at the beggining).

Or, is it down to the attitude of some (if not all) of the players themselves.

Too much money, no pride or respect for anything, including themselves.

Glad someone else put this in.

Why, after getting rid of a manager they did not want to play for (allegedly).

Why, after winning 5 out of 7 games, would their confidence not be there.

Have they already lost confidence in AI, and/or his tactics ( which seemed to work at the beggining).

Or, is it down to the attitude of some (if not all) of the players themselves.

Too much money, no pride or respect for anything, including themselves.

I guess its a mater of opinion, however which ever way you look at it, is it a good enough reason to give up on the club and not renew? (thats what this threads about). I dont think so, with 9 (is it 9?) players leaving out of contract AI has the opportunity to bring in better players or at least players with heart that will fight for the team. But if enough don't renew he wont get that chance.

I guess its a mater of opinion, however which ever way you look at it, is it a good enough reason to give up on the club and not renew? (thats what this threads about). I dont think so, with 9 (is it 9?) players leaving out of contract AI has the opportunity to bring in better players or at least players with heart that will fight for the team. But if enough don't renew he wont get that chance.

No

Spot on.