Maths, English, Science and Sheffield Wednesday

This is not a Lee bashing thread!

I've seen a lot of "Lee's done a great job, he's not getting paid for it, what else is he suppose to do and general backing for him". Thats fine but its not going to help us and it looks like some of you have

already forgotton that we got whooped 5 - nil (FIVE) against a team that is also in a relegation fight and we are headed for relegation.

It's all gone boobies-up and I put the responsibility down to board level and this is the reason, (I may be wrong, but) I don't think Lee is giving the players enough of a bollocking. I don't think he's giving the management team a bollocking. I don't think he's on their backs enough. I don't think the communication with the playing staff is up to scratch (I repeat I may be wrong).

The players don't care and they have no incentive to play well, they are unable to remotely understand our passion for the club, there's no fight and like some of you they would have already forgotten Saturday's score line.

The fact is (albeit very slim) our fate is still in our own hands, we win all our matches, we stay up. The players need to understand how much it means to the Wednesday fan they need a reason to play well. Lee is an excellent speaker and through this thread I'm asking him to have a meeting with the players and the management staff and ask them what it means to them to play and work for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club?

I think he should test the players on Wednesday facts...

How many top flight titles have we won?

How many FC cups have we won?

League cup?

Who did we play when we got our biggest recorded attendance?

Why are we called Sheffield Wednesday?

why are we nick-named the Owls.

Why is the manager of Leicester important to us.

The clubs top ever goal scorer - (for the strikers)

The clubs most capped defender - (for the defence)

The first Yank to play in a domestic cup final - (for Simek)

If they don't know these answer, let them all sit round computers finding the information out on the internet. It's a way of bonding and empathising with the fans. IMO its the best method to let them understand what this club is really about, they need to know why we sing "Hark now here...." Once they understand this they MAY feel more connected to the club and maybe just maybe they might put in a hard graft on Saturday.

Please note rather than bashing Lee and the board I've given constructive criticism, so please Lee or Lee supporters (which I am one of) don't take this personal, but as a way of how we can reach to the players.

Remember Forward together.

Edited by Manchester_Owl

It's all gone boobies-up and I put the responsibility down to board level and this is the reason, (I may be wrong, but) I don't think Lee is giving the players enough of a bollocking. I don't think he's giving the management team a bollocking. I don't think he's on their backs enough. I don't think the communication with the playing staff is up to scratch (I repeat I may be wrong).

Cheers for the inside info!

The players need to understand how much it means to the Wednesday fan they need a reason to play well. Lee is an excellent speaker and through this thread I'm asking him to have a meeting with the players and the management staff and ask them what it means to them to play and work for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club?

I think he should test the players on Wednesday facts...

How many top flight titles have we won?

How many FC cups have we won?

League cup?

Who did we play when we got our biggest recorded attendance?

Why are we called Sheffield Wednesday?

why are we nick-named the Owls.

Why is the manager of Leicester important to us.

The clubs top ever goal scorer - (for the strikers)

The clubs most capped defender - (for the defence)

The first Yank to play in a domestic cup final - (for Simek)

If they don't know these answer, let them all sit round computers finding the information out on the internet. It's a way of bonding and empathising with the fans. IMO its the best method to let them understand what this club is really about, they need to know why we sing "Hark now here...." Once they understand this they MAY feel more connected to the club and maybe just maybe they might put in a hard graft on Saturday.

Please note rather than bashing Lee and the board I've given constructive criticism, so please Lee or Lee supporters (which I am one of) don't take this personal, but as a way of how we can reach to the players.

Remember Forward together.

I actually like that idea

I was dismayed when one of our hapless nobodies of a manager had the pictures of our successful seasons taken down

I think some of the nonentities that pass through this club - along with the good players - need to know just what a privelidge it is to play for such a club with such a proud and memorable history

Making the players find out about the club could be a good way of doing just that

Like I said, I'm grateful for the insight into how the chairman interacts with our manager and playing staff, it certainly sounds like Lee needs to get on their backs a bit more if things are ever going to change.

See I'm trying to be serious with this and you find it funny being sarcastic, rather than cut + pasting, please comment on the thread as a whole.

I actually like that idea

I was dismayed when one of our hapless nobodies of a manager had the pictures of our successful seasons taken down

I think some of the nonentities that pass through this club - along with the good players - need to know just what a privelidge it is to play for such a club with such a proud and memorable history

Making the players find out about the club could be a good way of doing just that

Thanks.

I think if you don't know the clubs history (or whoever you work for) you wont really have a connection and without that, your effort will never be 100%

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

I don't think Lee is giving the players enough of a bollocking

surely that is not his place though, that's what alan's employed for