Guest zero)))

The team that day..........

GK: Grant,

DEF: McMahon, Wood, Spurr, Gilbert

MID: Johnson, McAllister (Smith 62), O'Connor, Esajas (Small 55);

ATT: Tudgay, Burton (Jeffers 69)

Better or worse today ?

:blink:

Honestly, not much difference. McMahon a cut above Simek and Buxton. Wood was good. Spurr certainly had a better season last year. Fair enough, Gilbert not any good, but Spurr is sh*t. Midfield not as good, but no clear difference up front really.

:blink:

Honestly, not much difference. McMahon a cut above Simek and Buxton. Wood was good. Spurr certainly had a better season last year. Fair enough, Gilbert not any good, but Spurr is sh*t. Midfield not as good, but no clear difference up front really.

for me I would love to see Deon up front instead of Varney.

I used to think Burton was absolute quality. He did actually bring lots to the team apart from his goals

Better or worse today ?

People have said we should play Spurr at CB along with JJ and EE together, clearly it worked well :ph34r:

Although I would say that team is on par with now. Although I did used to like Burton.

Guest York Owl

Better or worse today ?

This has been applied several times since but to no avail

Posted Image

The required time must have passed since the reading disaster, because i cant wait for the Leicester game now.

AI will sort this sh!t out and lead us to safety, i dont know where this new found optimism has suddenly come from, but 3 points against all the odds on Saturday and things will be completely different again.

I love this club of ours and i'm not going down without making some noise at beautiful Hillsborough.

And yes, i am completely sober, i just feel strangely confident.

The truth is that many of our current players have showed they were capable of proper football at the end of last season and on occasions this season. The first few home games this season we played some good stuff although demonstrated fragility in defence with Purse not impressing. The serious long ball stuff is actually quite recent and it is from players who have proven they can do better.

My point is that the players are not as bad as is being written - they are capable of playing with some skill and passion - but have completely lost it. That is a motivational thing and it has spanned Brian Laws last few matches, Sean McCauley (some glimmer of improvement) and also Alan Irving (great results for his first 4 weeks, but not good football). The long ball stuff only works if your team is much more committed and physical than the other and we are clearly not.

Another poster indicates that both BL and LS had a big argument with Richard Wood and it would appear that whatever was said has seriously affected the other players (look at Spurr who was one of my favourites last season, and Tudgay and Gray - who although quite old has in the past had some great matches) - they are no longer playing for our Wednesday. The only way to get out of this in the time available is to deal with that wound - it's too late to make wholesale changes to the team - and I believe that AI and LS together are the only people who can do it, if necessary with 1:1 meetings with each and every player and extra training every day.