Why, why, why, why...

Why? Because the current bunch of players will mostly be gone by next season, replaced by newer ones who will be hungry to do well at their new club.

Why? Because it MUST be better next season than this.

Why? Because SWFC needs you at this time more than most.

Why? Because you are a Wednesdayite. That should be enough.

Fully agree with this. If you are a Wednesdayite just renew! We can all moan and groan but at the end of the day we are Wednesday and forward together no matter what. I have total trust in L S and i will renew!!

UTO WTID

I completely agree and the "boring" comment hits the nail on the head for me and people I go with/used to go with. We ar just bored of the constant struggle with little or nothing to be optimistic about - and it is not just this season. People and simply bored of paying out, just to have their weekend spoiled by a bunch of lazy, over paid tosspots.

I love this post, for me it hits the nail on the head.

It is exactly why the stay away supporters dont go, they get nothing in return, It's boring.

Fully agree with this. If you are a Wednesdayite just renew! We can all moan and groan but at the end of the day we are Wednesday and forward together no matter what. I have total trust in L S and i will renew!!

UTO WTID

Ben's got a sound bloke for a dad...

I've always been a pay-on-the-day or match-by-match fan as I work on most Saturdays, but I might just buy a season ticket this month in any case. After all, it is my club....

UTO! WTID!

Life is bleak at the moment but, in the words of Asteener and how I feel .....

Let’s take a minute here...fair comment, the team has not performed as well as expected in some matches this season...but you can make the same comment for most seasons since 1867 regarding this club we support. (to be continued)

So let’s leave the peripherals aside for a minute, let’s look at the last incumbents we had in the boardroom, were they Wednesday fans?...did they have the club at heart? I seriously doubt it, but how many years did we trot alongside those makeweights?....as they sued fans, called ardent Owls fans scum and cretin? We stood for it, did we not

We stood by as they sacked Sturrock a fornight inot a 4 year contract....hardly any questions asked, So today we have someone who actually gives a flying **** about the club, he may not get everything right, and at least comes on here to argue his point when criticised about it...what in the name of **** is wrong with that? What do we as Wednesday fans actually want?.....

I know half the silly ******* answers will be the champs league in 5 years....does not happen in Sheffield 6 my friends...does not happen in most palces outside Londi, Manchester, Madrid and ******* Barcelna...times have changed since Villa nd Forest palyed Robin Hood...It does not happen anymore...the whole ethos of football has changed. In my opinion, you have to support YOUR club...

We stood by as they sacked Sturrock..a fortnight into a 4 year contract...hardly any questions asked. So today we have someone who actually gives a flying **** about the club, he may not get everything right, and at least comes on here to argue his point when criticised about it...what in the name of **** is wrong with that? What do we as Wednesday fans actually want?.....

I know half the silly ****** answers will be the Champs league in 5 years...does not happen in Sheffield 6 my friends...does not happen in most places outside London, Manchester, Madrid and ***** Barcelona..times have changed since Villa and Forest played Robin Hood...it does not happen anymore...the whole ethos of football has changed. In my opinion, you have to support YOUR club...

WEDNESDAY are my club..and I'll try and push them as far as possible...as we all should do...its not just winning cups...its all about the bleak times...its life...its not all rosy, there’s ******' years of abject misery interspersed by the odd ray of sunshine...that’s Sheffield Wednesday..you have to hang in there...

Shame on the ******* who trotted out to Cardiff, then took their bleedin' ball home when reality came home to play. Have a look around Hillsborough next time you go, it’s steeped in a history of odd shafts of sunlight and working class woe...

Wednesday fans can play a part in the odd shaft of sunlight by simply hauling arses off sofa and (if you can afford it)...actually being part of it again..it’s not simply about football...it’s an institution...its about Sheffield...and its mainly about you...I'm a ******* dinosaur where footballs concerned, I yearn for a level playing field we are never going to get...but let’s face it...

I’m not gonna go to Old Trafford or the Bernabau...I'd walk past Barca playing Liverpool in Hillsborough park to watch the Owls play Crewe at Hillsborough. Its about being a Wednesday fan...and the board now have folk who are Wednesday fans....its time for a few more to come home...it’s not a******' Palace...but its ours.

Top post.

I have been soul searching myself. Any other season and I would probably jack it in. But no matter how disappointed I have been, and I was really down after Ipswich, but not so much after Reading, granted 5-0 is difficult to take, but I had convinced myself before the game that we would get nothing, I actually thought we would lose 3-0, so I wasn't far out.

I've decided that I'm going to dig deep, starting with Leicester. I'm going to get behind my team like never before, I'm going to forgive the players anything, as long as they put a shift in. So for the rest of the season, it is support, support, support. If the dreaded happens, and we are relegated, I will continue to back LS and support my club as we start our climb back.

I believe that in LS, we have the right man in charge. I think his choice of Irvine was inspired. If anyone can save us it is Irvine.

I just hope that LS stays to finish the job he started, I also hope that Irvine is here for the long term, I fear one day soon, Irvine will wake up and say, "what the hell have I got myself into" and decide that we are a lost cause, and beyond saving. I hope not, because given time, I believe Irvine can work wonders here. UTO FTB.

:biggrin: , roll on Leicester!! Thanks to your post, we went and purchased tickets for WBA and Swansea at lunch!! So, I'll be hunting you down if we play like we have the last 3 games!! :laugh:

Why? Because the current bunch of players will mostly be gone by next season, replaced by newer ones who will be hungry to do well at their new club.

Why? Because it MUST be better next season than this.

Why? Because SWFC needs you at this time more than most.

Why? Because you are a Wednesdayite. That should be enough.

Yes.

Players come and go, sometimes they are good, sometimes they are poo .

We supporters are the constant, we cannot afford to sink to the low levels shown by the players in the last few games, we are better than that.

We need to show these overpaid prima donna's what being a Wednesdayite is all about, we cannot give them any excuses to turn in another dismal performance.

Forget about boo-ing, lets show our support to the club, to the chairman, and even to the players. If we are to go down, let's go down singing.

Come on Wednesday.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.