Lee Strafford - Comments on Facebook

Guest Crooky

Lee wont always get it right with communications, but he coms on here and tells it how he sees it.

After all the non communication from previous Owls chairmen, why do people criticise?

We all now know what is happening behind the scenes at S6. That`s entirely down to Lee.

I feel like I know him, he`s one of us. If I saw him in a bit of bother, I`d jump in and help him. I never felt like that about any previous chairman.

I`m happy for him to be in charge of our club. He gives 100% effort to the cause. If the players gave half as much, we wouldn`t be in the poo like we are at present.

Agree with the above but at the end of the day it's all about the product on offer. I've been a customer of Force9,later to become plusnet since the 11th June 2000,simple reason being that I like the product,I get good speeds for a rural exchange,good customer service etc etc. If the product begins not to deliver i'll look around and maybe go elsewhere.

The national media are well aware of what I am doing with our approach to communication including the social media stuff (forums etc) and are more supportive than some Wednesdayite's :-)

The irony being that if you asked any man would they like to engage in a community where the leadership was willing to meet the whole community in person each day and talk openly about just about anything then I think they would say yes.

We have that now.......

Yet some of us do not want to protect and develop that asset...................

Regards

Lee

Of course they are, but for the most part don't care.

Remember Hicks Jnr?

If he had been at Peterborough then no one would of given a throw.

The only time we get mentioned in the media is when we invetiably lose at the weekend.

Lee Strafford is the unluckiest Chairman in our history. Surely he could not beleive what would have happened this season if you had told him at HT in the Barnsley home game.

dead reight.

hope he sticks around tho if/when we go down,

even if just for the way he downed that grunter

:laugh:

Lee Strafford is the unluckiest Chairman in our history. Surely he could not beleive what would have happened this season if you had told him at HT in the Barnsley home game.

That is so true, right chairman, wrong time.

But stick at it Lee, it's what 99% of Owls want, i dont personally know any Wednesday fans who would say a bad thing against you.

Bradford City pay £1m per annum to rent Valley Parade and that's as a League 2 club! Also that is straight from their joint chairmans mouth at a pre-season friendly 2 years ago it may of chasnged but with Gibbs owning it I doubt it.

I know you live in Brat...Fud but are you sure about that?

I know you live in Brat...Fud but are you sure about that?

the ownership of Valley Parade remains in the name of his pension fund and the cost their staying there isn’t cheap – in the region of £1m per year, including rent to Gibb and all of the attendant costs of staying there. On the surface, this seems like a powerful argument but it is not quite as simple as leaving Valley Parade to save £1m per year

Apparantly it is true

so do people think that if we had maintained our mid-table form Brian was in charge club9 would have committed to investment by now?

things just havent gone our way this season.

Remember people slate Strafford, but he doesnt pick the team, he doesnt train with them all week and he doesn't do the team talks either.

dont forget it still can be done!

Guest totemowl

As stated I'd spoken to their joint Chairman Mark Lawn about it personally it's ridiculous how much they pay and both him and Julian Rhodes have both tried buying the stadium off Gibbs but he won't sell it.

It sounds as though Stockport have similar problems with Brian Kennedy. The fact that they are obliged to give most of their match day revenue to him - and 30% of all transfer fees - helped them to go into admin, again.

Peter Storrie pays himself £1.4m a year at Pompey.

LS works for free.

Idiot fans constantly slag him off and display mind-boggling ignorance at virtually every turn because of their anger at on-field issues which he has basically no influence over.

I'm amazed he manages to be as calm as he is!

...............Dave Richards was chairman ,he ended up with a million plus salary, from the Fa he paid himself next to nowt.

As stated I'd spoken to their joint Chairman Mark Lawn about it personally it's ridiculous how much they pay and both him and Julian Rhodes have both tried buying the stadium off Gibbs but he won't sell it.

Ridiculous amount. Could they not call Gibbs bluff and play at Odsal? Edited by M Royds

Guest billsaja

Bradford City pay £1m per annum to rent Valley Parade and that's as a League 2 club! Also that is straight from their joint chairmans mouth at a pre-season friendly 2 years ago it may of chasnged but with Gibbs owning it I doubt it.

Just a clarifying fact before bed time.......administration does not NECESSARILY mean you lose your ground. It means the administrator sells the assets together or separately for the best price possible. Sometimes people will buy the ground (Bradford, Palace presumably, Leeds sort of) and sometimes there is more value in selling the thing lock stock (Southampton, Bournemouth) so it is slightly disingenuous to suggest that we will end up saddled in that way.

But it is also wrong to say we can just enter admin and decide when we take the deduction - if we went in now but were relegated anyway, they would carry forward the point deduction to next season, we only get it this season if the difference between staying up and not is the 10pts, so it condemns us to going down with the potential for a -10pt start a la Saints next year.

All in all, a very bad idea, even if it does scrub the debts (which is also morally wrong IMHO).