Lets be aving you..Hulley , Addy . Cooke now its your turn to do something!!!

What do non-executive board members of any business contribute?

apparantly, this is what they should be doing

• Performance: Non-executive directors should scrutinise the performance of management in meeting agreed goals and objectives and monitoring, and where necessary removing, senior management and in succession planning.
  • Risk: Non-executive directors should satisfy themselves that financial information is accurate and that financial controls and systems of risk management are robust and defensible.
  • People: Non-executive directors are responsible for determining appropriate levels of remuneration of executive directors and have a prime role in appointing, and where necessary removing, senior management and in succession planning.
NEDs should also provide independent views on:

• Resources
  • Appointments
  • Standards of conduct
Non-executive directors are the custodians of the governance process. They are not involved in the day-to-day running of business but monitor the executive activity and contribute to the development of strategy.

ha ha ha !!

Our NED's do f00k all of the above.

You tell me ?

Just done a quick google and most sites seem to suggest the following:

Non-executive directors have responsibilities in the following areas, according to the Higgs Report, commissioned by the British Government and published in 2003:

Strategy: Non-executive directors should constructively challenge and contribute to the development of strategy.

Performance: Non-executive directors should scrutinise the performance of management in meeting agreed goals and objectives and monitoring, and where necessary removing, senior management and in succession planning.

Risk: Non-executive directors should satisfy themselves that financial information is accurate and that financial controls and systems of risk management are robust and defensible.

People: Non-executive directors are responsible for determining appropriate levels of remuneration of executive directors and have a prime role in appointing, and where necessary removing, senior management and in succession planning.

Do our guys do this ?

Who knows?

Apart from challenging the strategy not many of those responsibilities are going to get us out the current mess.

As i have stated on many occasion that Cooke, Hulley and Greirson could withdraw their backing of LS and he would be history and their would be nothing anyone could do about it .

All LS has done is put a temporary veneer on the club which could be removed at any time .

I would think that if investment came in the board in its present form would be dismantled and a new one brought in to compliment LS and NP .

If investment is not forthcoming one of two things may happen .

LS may get voted out and we go back to the dark ages or there is a plan b where new directors are sourced and we have a board that actually contribute to the club on a weekly basis .

One thing is for sure LS cannot keep doing the amount he is doing without help .

As i have stated on many occasion that Cooke, Hulley and Greirson could withdraw their backing of LS and he would be history and their would be nothing anyone could do about it .

All LS has done is put a temporary veneer on the club which could be removed at any time .

I would think that if investment came in the board in its present form would be dismantled and a new one brought in to compliment LS and NP .

If investment is not forthcoming one of two things may happen .

LS may get voted out and we go back to the dark ages or there is a plan b where new directors are sourced and we have a board that actually contribute to the club on a weekly basis .

One thing is for sure LS cannot keep doing the amount he is doing without help .

I hear what your saying but as a genuine question, can those board members let go?

Guest York Owl

Get your hands in your pockets and actually try to get us out of this mess by funding 2 - 3 decent level loan signings!! Without this we are going down! Try to move this club forward, stop sitting around waiting for S Club 9 to invest and actually use your positions as members of the SWFC board to fund the playing side!!

There's more chance of this lot Investing

Posted Image

Guest Ripley Owl

Get your hands in your pockets and actually try to get us out of this mess by funding 2 - 3 decent level loan signings!! Without this we are going down! Try to move this club forward, stop sitting around waiting for S Club 9 to invest and actually use your positions as members of the SWFC board to fund the playing side!!

This may come as a shock to the system and cause a dropping of bourbons but desperate times need.... proactive actions!!

We ask the working class fan to fork out now to fund the club how about you guys??

If you owned 2000 shares in BT and they were going through a sticky patch, so they sent you a letter asking for say £10k, even though you might not get it back, what would your reply be ?

I know these guys aren't the sugar daddies that we would like but at this present time there is nothing we can do about it.

Why don't we just get behind the team ! :biggrin:

What do you mean let go ?

Sorry Huge, I mean move aside for fresh blood. Have dynamic, young, blue sky thinking board members. Iheard of wonderful stories about Bobby G's performance at the AGM!

I look at China and the old Communist Regime/Dynasty that ruled China since the culteral revolution. When that lot died off or moved aside and young, fresh Communist moved in the place took off.

From being a peasent economy to now being a financial super power.

If it worked for China then why can't it work for SWFC?

I may be wrong, but it seem that they can't move aside?

Sorry Huge, I mean move aside for fresh blood. Have dynamic, young, blue sky thinking board members. Iheard of wonderful stories about Bobby G's performance at the AGM!

I look at China and the old Communist Regime/Dynasty that ruled China since the culteral revolution. When that lot died off or moved aside and young, fresh Communist moved in the place took off.

Yeah but they sold enough season tickets.

To be fair to the board, NP said they had done a great job at keeping the club producing a postive cashflow year in year out.

He seemed quite impressived really.

But, was that to keep them sweet ?

After all, those 3 could get rid of Lee and Nick at the drop of a hat couldn't they ?

Easier if they are on-side so to speak

Of course they can move aside lets look at the options .

They could resign - Nothing stopping them doing that .

They could invite new members onto the board - Again nothing stopping them ,

They could remove LS as quickly as he was appointed .

Hulley owns 10% of shares

Ken Cooke has next to no shares but has a 500k loan outstanding

Bobby G owns about a small % shares although i could be wrong on that

People must be aware that the club would be in a very vulnerable position if LS was removed because the 3 directors above would be left running the show and i would have no confidence in that arrangement .

Yeah but they sold enough season tickets.

on the other hand,how many of our squad have older siblings and would therefore have been killed at birth under china's one child policy. think of all the sh*t wecould have been without. :cool: