Admin?!?!?!

New owners can charge whatever they like, what would we do build a new ground? Play at Bramall Lane? :ohmy:

I think Palace's ground rent went from 350k to £1.2m, just because the owners felt like it.

not entirely

Don't forget, their customer base is limited. Supply and demand and all that.

They have no interest in being untoward with their rental as this would mean owning a stadium, which no one could use or want

You have answered mine and your own question

No one knows, implies that you do not know.

So how can you say it won't cost us circa 2 million ?

I have proved it does cost this at Leeds ?

So surely, Lee has basis for his figures

Its a non question though isn't it ? Another pointless side issue that has nothing to do with us or anything ? We wont be going into administration any time soon, so what is the point in people getting on their high horses about an irrelevance ?

not entirely

Don't forget, their customer base is limited. Supply and demand and all that.

They have no interest in being untoward with their rental as this would mean owning a stadium, which no one could use or want

A fair point, but we would have very little power in the negotiations. And it would be heart breaking to see the ground unused, and they would know that.

To summarise the thread - Let's not go into admin

It sickens me a little bit when people shout for “admin” (those very same who probably give Leeds, Leicester et al stick for doing the same).

Thing is, as much as what we as fans think, more than just a football team.

SWFC is a job for some people (backroom staff, ticket office staff etc etc). SWFC will help a good many people live, eat food, pay rent/mortgages etc….

And yet, because some impatience person wants to go out on Saturday and watch Wednesday win (which we all do) then they think its okay to go into Adam, for all these people to lose their jobs and have to struggle to pay bills, rent etc (not to mention trying to get a new job in the current climate) just so we can have a better football team.

Strange… Strange and very selfish.

All very true.

Not to mention the long term implications for football as a sport if every Club were to borrow money from numerous sources, run up debts, opt into administration and pay little to nothing back to their creditors.

Sometimes it might feel like we're sitting on the moral highground by living with our mistakes and taking hit after hit as a result, but football needs Clubs to take the stance we have over the last 10+ years.

We didn't make the mistakes that got us here, but the fact we have bent over and lived with the implications of those past errors is something that we as a Club can hold our heads up high about IMO.

A fair point, but we would have very little power in the negotiations. And it would be heart breaking to see the ground unused, and they would know that.

To summarise the thread - Let's not go into admin

plus.... "we are not going into admin and there is no reason for us to do so"

Will we sell enough tickets in league one?

Fortunately we won't have to find out

I picked out the 6 results which we can realistically get earlier.

Don't throw in the towel yet. We have been on our knees before and got back up.

It is the Wednesday way

Up the Owls

Will we sell enough tickets in league one?

We did last time. The thing is sometimes a winning team is better to watch than a struggling team, even if the winning team is in the league below.

But we're not down yet, Palace will go to poo poo if Warnock leaves. It looks like it's going to be a nervous time, but we can still get out of it

If we can service our debt, why would we go into administration?

exactly

We can and we aren't going into admin. The co-op would stand to lose a lot of money so there is no reason for them to place us down that road.

Therefore this thread is inconsequential

Edited by Glaser

Guest Ripley Owl

so where do you get that magic calculation from ? :biggrin:

Bob taught me all he knew :laugh:

Lee's calculations were from clubs in simular situations you nob ! :biggrin:

exactly

We can and we aren't going into admin. The co-op would stand to lose a lot of money so there is no reason for them to place us down that road.

Therefore this thread is inconsequential

Spot on.

And if we go down, we will continue to service our debt.

Guest Ripley Owl

I think 11/8 for the Owls to go down are the best odds you will ever see. :biggrin:

You must really lead a very sad life, i'll ask you one question

HAVE YOU GOT MANY FRIENDS ?

No need to answer, i think we all know ! :biggrin: