Winners And Leaders

Guest owlsowlsowls

Guest owlsowlsowls

We don't have enough winners and leaders in the squad. Our balance is wrong.

I played up to Northern Counties level and in EVERY good team I played in, from infant school onwards, there was at least 3, usually more, out and out winners or leaders.

Who in our current squad can be classed as "winners or leaders" ? Purse and Mc Allister in my opinion. We have a decent enough squad but it's the mental attitude that is lacking.

Have a look at the people you work with, note the different characters, the quiet one, all mouth, laidback, lazy, workaholic, winner, leaders, followers etc. It's the same in a football squad. You need to get the balance right to bring out the best characteristics of the group.

Take a look back to any point in our history when we were decent and look at the winners and leaders we had in the squads. Look at the top teams now, as well as being the most able they are full of leaders and winners.

Wimbledon were an excellent example in their prime.

Until AI can get in a couple of more leaders we are destined for the same results. I still think we can survive this season, simply because the division is very poor, but we need Purse back and I would give McAllister and Soares or Miller the central midfield roles.