What an abloute unremitting gutting of a season we have had.

Epic pre-season in malta.

Everything looked positive, we played barnsley off the park for 45 minutes.

Since the second 45 minutes against barnsley i don't honestly think we have ever recovered.

Its wierd, but i think out entire season has stemmed from that capitulation.

We should have been about 4 nil up at half tmie in the Barnsley match.

As soon as the team concided, the crowd got on their backs, their confidence collasped and we havn't looked right since.

I know its a bit wierd to blame our entire season on 45 minutes of football, but if we had held out, scored more or won our opening match, then i think the confidence in the team would have been massive.

We never seemed to recover from that.

It seems wierd looking back at 45 minutes and to extrapolate it over the rest of the season, but i honestly think that match has defined this season.

Dissapointment snached from the jaws of victory and potential distroyed.

it was the strangest of games as well.

Fair enough we should have been home and dry at half time but like you say, as soon as they knocked in one, the crowd seemed to sense that this was going to be thrown away and the cheering and happy atmosphere dispersed into a silent, aggitated viewing.

Playing Barnsley off the park for the first 45 mins is the biggest myth this season.

We had a good 20 minute spell but Barnsley still had the better chances and could have gone in atleast 3-2 up. The defensive frailties were all shown in that first half.

Spot on.