Barnstoneworth....

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Anybody familiar with Ripping Yarns and Michael Palin will know where Im going with this... lol

I reckon we should approach 11 former players who could come in and at least demosntrate the passion we need - Id rather go down with some fight and passion on the pitch than with the 11 players putting up not so much as a whimper right now.

Lee Bullen can start us off... lets also bring back Waddle, Hirst... who else? :biggrin:

Heres a clip Im sure we can all identify with after yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmLDlpapPKE

Guest AnotherOwl

Yeah great series that was. Is Palin an owl or a wrong'un, or neither? I can't remember.

Certainly something more drastic than swapping a few players around and giving them more back rubs needs to be done for us.

I would go with cutting out a large section of the rot and bringing in some young-uns or 'maturer' fighters.

With this current lot and their pathetic wee wee poor attitude, we are going down whatever. So let's at least keep the humiliation to a minimum and display some guts and pride at Hillsborough.

Imagine if we did bring in Hirst for a laugh, it would certainly bring the crowds in. :biggrin: (And put those ****s in their place.)

Yeah great series that was. Is Palin an owl or a wrong'un, or neither? I can't remember.

Certainly something more drastic than swapping a few players around and giving them more back rubs needs to be done for us.

I would go with cutting out a large section of the rot and bringing in some young-uns or 'maturer' fighters.

With this current lot and their pathetic wee wee poor attitude, we are going down whatever. So let's at least keep the humiliation to a minimum and display some guts and pride at Hillsborough.

Imagine if we did bring in Hirst for a laugh, it would certainly bring the crowds in. :biggrin: (And put those ****s in their place.)

He's a blade but distinguished himself abroad as an owl because no one knew/knows who the blunts are/were. FACT

Anybody familiar with Ripping Yarns and Michael Palin will know where Im going with this... lol

I reckon we should approach 11 former players who could come in and at least demosntrate the passion we need - Id rather go down with some fight and passion on the pitch than with the 11 players putting up not so much as a whimper right now.

Lee Bullen can start us off... lets also bring back Waddle, Hirst... who else? :biggrin:

I recon waddle now would show more skill and ability than our entire 1st team put together.........

Roger Wylde. Looked in decent nick at the hrsties bar the other week, bet he'd score more and make more of an impact than tudders.....

Waddle on the wing, Wydle up front.

Sorted.

I mentioned this a few weeks ago about bringing back Waddle to teach our lads how to deliver a final ball and take a corner.

Bullen back to install heart and how to put in a shift and to smash a few heads.

Hirst on how to finish and explain to these mugs what that net thing is behind the white post thingys.

Also maybe pressman to teach Grant how to comand his area.

Any more ideas welcome.

Guest Deleted member

Emlyn hasnt lived in the city since he died about 15 years ago.

Although I still think he'd be more effective than a good number of our players.

Emlyn hasnt lived in the city since he died about 15 years ago.

Although I still think he'd be more effective than a good number of our players.

Doh !

:biggrin:

THAT bad !

Honestly i know at least two players whom i play footy with whom could walk into our midfield at the moment !

We'd have to bring back Gordon Owen as Golden Gordon

Guest Sheff Owl

Carlton Palmer might not have the best ability in the world but he will certainly ruffle a few feathers and show what a little bit of heart and passion can do.

Guest Deleted member

I would loved to see carlton in yesterdays team - I guarantee he would have kicked the poo poo out of at least 8 of the players for not trying

Guest Sheff Owl

Did you ever remember when Palmer ran half way across the picth at Hillsborough to his own team mate and got right in his face after he fooked up? Can't remember who it was against or who the player was just remember it slightly.