3 performances in a row

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

... that were far worse than anything seen under Brian Laws.

We have one tactic - and that is to boot the ball as far into the opponents half as we can whenever we receive it. We don't know the meaning of a short pass - and when we do try it - we regularly put it out of play or gift it the opposition.

The team showed they can compete when Irvine arrived. The new Manager effect is all that has left us in with a mathematical shout of surviving this season - unfortunately mathematical is all it is and I fully expect Plymouth to overtake us too.

We've have a great fanbase and 2 men in AI and LS doing everything they can to improve the situation with the cards dealt....

Unfortunately the players don't have the ability, passion, or backbone to turn things around.

I was guna say i'm embarrased to be an owl, but i'm really not, i'm just gutted that these useless t.w.a.t.s disgrace the blue and white shirt in such a manner.

Don't hold any hope, not with this set.

Edited by BRUCE LEE

We have one tactic - and that is to boot the ball as far into the opponents half as we can whenever we receive it. We don't know the meaning of a short pass - and when we do try it - we regularly put it out of play or gift it the opposition.

The team showed they can compete when Irvine arrived. The new Manager effect is all that has left us in with a mathematical shout of surviving this season - unfortunately mathematical is all it is and I fully expect Plymouth to overtake us too.

I said exactly the same thing yesterday, and got slated for it. We are getting worse.

We've have a great fanbase and 2 men in AI and LS doing everything they can to improve the situation with the cards dealt....

Unfortunately the players don't have the ability, passion, or backbone to turn things around.

I was guna say i'm embarrased to be an owl, but i'm really not, i'm just gutted that these useless t.w.a.t.s disgrace the blue and white shirt in such a manner.

Can't argue with any of that

I cannot believe players ain't chuffed to bits to play infront of 22k ave crowds every week.

These guys out of contract (good riddance by the way) will not get a better opportunuty!

Enjoy playing in front of 10k fans (max) a week.

PR1CKS!!!!

Thats absolutely right, these sh!t players we have are at the top of their game, and instead of trying to capitalize this fantastic oppertunity, they'll just pi$$ it away and settle for playing for Swindon or Grimsby.

Well done lads, you're a real credit to your proffesion.

So you are blaming Irvine ?

Guest Parky1867

Im now expecting the worst.

I just hope that all those who have shown a complete lack of passion, commitment and integrity will never wear the shirt again.

The players are a disgrace.

Fear & lack of responsibility is whats drove recent performances

Its not for a lack of talent we are struggling but due to lacking mental strength, we need to find some and quick. We need players that want the ball, thats why we are just aimlessly punting

Guest wilkotheowl

Totally agree!

Guest wilkotheowl

Im now expecting the worst.

I just hope that all those who have shown a complete lack of passion, commitment and integrity will never wear the shirt again.

The players are a disgrace.

CORRECT !

Guest Deleted member

^^^^^^ what he said.

I wasnt looking to blame anyone Glaser - will leave that to you.

You can't blame Irvine - he is using a squad largely made up of his predecessors signings (although he has brought in 3 players on loans)

You cant blame Strafford - after all his job is to provide a budget for the Manager (and he's improved that in his time here). He's also charged with creating the right environment for a successful team - and has done that too with investments in better training and medical resources.

You can't blame the fans - we have increased our average attendances in a season where the credit crunch is biting many many families and biting hard.

If I was looking to point the finger of blame I would be looking at a large chunk of our players who seem to thing they can get away with lacklustre and passionless performances and generally steal a living from our fine football club. They disgust me.

I wish i could be confident that things would get better , but i said when Irvine was appointed that his Preston side was so dull and boring that whenever they were on sky i would usually end up turning it off after half an hour.

His style of play is functional and pragmatic at best.......................and i was desperately hoping these qualities would galvanise us and keep us up......................unfortunately the players hes inherited at Wednesday are,nt as good as the ones he inherited at Deepdale.

So i,m afraid to say if you,re hoping for a change in style of play i think your gonna be disappointed..........Preston only ever played one way (check out there message boards) and im afraid we dont have the players needed for Irvines style.

Wish i could be more confident but i just feel like im staring into a big dark abysss at the moment.

We have one tactic - and that is to boot the ball as far into the opponents half as we can whenever we receive it.

Yesterday was embarrassing. We went to a fellow relegation rival and stuck 10 men behind the ball in the first half, mindlessly hoofing it forwards at any opportunity before retreating and waiting for it to come back.