Sean Mac

Guest arobert

Guest arobert

What on earther needs to happen for Sean Mac to get a game.

He is not a flair player, we all know that but he will give effort.

Laws never gave him a fair chance and now nor does Irvine.

Sean Mac will be an important player for SWFC in League One.

But will he want to stay after the way he has been treated by Laws and now Irvine.

Well hopefully Irvine wont be around to not pick him in League One. We've got feck all chance of going up if he is.

Your joking ?

He 's been here 5 mins mate.

It's time for AI to blow this squad up and build again for L1. Sean Mac should be important next season, it is quite embarrasing that he can't get a place in this team even though he gives 100% in just about all his games.

I would drop potter and play macca.he might not be the best player but he does the simple things right, gets stuck in and covers a lot of ground. I thought he was one of our better players last year but can't get a look in. Things are not working for potter so give macca a few games

Guest edforceowl

Well hopefully Irvine wont be around to not pick him in League One. We've got feck all chance of going up if he is.

Irvine needs a chance to get a few players in he knows he can work with and get the best out of, He's took the job at a club with no money, fighting for survival in CCC with poor to mediocre players, give the guy some credit, not a lot of people would have wanted to take a job on with that description, when he gets his own style of players in the squad i think we will see very different better results. Edited by edforceowl

Who would your choice be for manager? Ferguson, Shankly or Clough in their prime couldn`t make this bunch of players into a winning team. Get flippingreal. :angry:

Guest arobert

This thread is about Sean Mac and why Laws and now Irvine do not give him a fair chance.

Surely Irvine can see that he will at least put in a tackle something that is completely beyond Potter I am afraid.

I always wonder what he does wrong to not get a game

Every time he plays we seem to retain the ball better - and we seem to play better football, on the floor - he comes out with the ball and more often than not distributes it in a positive way.

I like him - he fills the same place as JoC but I think he's a much better ball player too.

Guest wednesday83

Got to say I was really dissapointed with Irvine yesterday. Frankie Simek has been lacking confidence and with his call up to USA squad on friday he must have been buzzing - yet Irvine made him a scapegoat and dropped him whilst the likes of golden boy Spurr keeps his place.

We need wins yet Irvine went and played for a 0-0 (4-5-1) which clearly did not work. We had one winger playing in Gray who he took off and we played most of second half with no wingers on the pitch.

He brings Miller on who has not played for 4/5 months. Hes not even had a reserve game.

He played varney on left wing - what was that all about????

The one thing we cannott do is deffend well, so why the hell has he gone all deffensive when we need wins???

He seems to have got the Sturrock syndrome - Everyone back for a corner, cannott play with 2 wingers, cannott attack away from home.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Guest wednesday83

And people have said he did as well as anyone.......

He did as well as anyone else that 2nd half - NOTHING. No effort or nothing. So yes the others are correct.

He did as well as anyone else that 2nd half - NOTHING. No effort or nothing. So yes the others are correct.

He did more in the 25 minutes of the 2nd half i saw (i left after the 5th) than any of the rest of the midfielders did all game long.

Showed some nice link up play with Nolan down the right hand side, picked a few good forward passes which is the role Potter should be doing, and competed for the ball more than Potter/Soares/Gray had been doing.

Not outstanding, but definitely better than what we've got- if he's not ready for a start next saturday, then i'd use him away at WBA and possibly try a 4-4-1-1 with Miller playing in behind a lone striker.

If Miller and Macca arent used in the next couple of games then I'll be baffled.

Agreed. I was always against macca playing, but seeing him yesterday has changed my mind. If varney could flipping head a ball, it would have been 5-1 thanks to great effort my macalister to chase the ball and give a f*ck

Guest Sheff Owl

Got to say I was really dissapointed with Irvine yesterday. Frankie Simek has been lacking confidence and with his call up to USA squad on friday he must have been buzzing - yet Irvine made him a scapegoat and dropped him whilst the likes of golden boy Spurr keeps his place.

We need wins yet Irvine went and played for a 0-0 (4-5-1) which clearly did not work. We had one winger playing in Gray who he took off and we played most of second half with no wingers on the pitch.

He brings Miller on who has not played for 4/5 months. Hes not even had a reserve game.

He played varney on left wing - what was that all about????

The one thing we cannott do is deffend well, so why the hell has he gone all deffensive when we need wins???

He seems to have got the Sturrock syndrome - Everyone back for a corner, cannott play with 2 wingers, cannott attack away from home.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Always the same player's that get dropped, Soares, EE, Simek yet Spurr, Tudgay, Potter, Gray play no matter what.

If Miller and Macca arent used in the next couple of games then I'll be baffled.

Exactly.

We can all safely assume these two will start next week barring any fitness issues.

If Jeffers ever gets fit he'll also be in for the rest of the season too, and I also get a feeling we are going to see a bit of that Palmer lad.

As for Simek being a scapegoat, I don't agree, he was somehow worse than Spurr for the previous few games, deserved to be dropped. Not much between them though, both shot it as CCC footballers.