After All This Time

Before I start, I don't have any of these so called 'agendas', I dont even understand what most of them are, I have renewed my season ticket already, I have no interest in club politics, I don't and have never cared who the chairman is or who is on the board, I prefer to leave them to play their own childish little games themselves, I don't care which of them has the biggest train set! (Pathetic). I have no ego to massage, I seek no attention. I just got to games, as I have done for thirty five years for one reason, and that is to hopefully see Wednesday win, home and away, and if they don't win then I hope its because the better team won on the day.

This week was a pretty normal week with, who's going? How are we getting there? etc. So, from last Monday, when five of us were going in a friends car, to, late last night when I was sent a text saying the last, (and driver) decided he wasn't going, so decided I wouldn't go myself.

But then, this morning, as usual, it starts eating away, 730am, 'you know you have to go, you always do, just another trip on your own when they've all backed out, you know you will see people you know when you get there, nodding to familiar faces buying a drink and a pie'. So eventually I decided to fill up the old banger, rang the old man for his AA number just in case. So, here we go, a near on 400 mile round trip, full of hope, and if not a win, a decent performance with a bit of effort and desire considering the position we are in.

The rest, as they say, is history. A lacklustre, inept, gutless performance was the reward for a full tank of petrol, a ticket - increased on matchday, and a nine hour shift.

Now I know, no one held a gun to my head and made me go. But as many will understand, following your team is not something that the word 'rational' features frequently. That's just the way it is, like it or not. But, having said that, I really dont think its too much to ask for a bit of effort and pride to be displayed from a group of young men not poorly rewarded financially for their 'efforts'.

Now I know Im not alone in, (and I dont, never have, and detest people who shout about all the games they've miraculously attended and the monotonous tales you hear of how they've managed to get there) making such trips as todays, but, after today please refrain from mentioning: 'buy in', 'positivity', 'wake up dude', 'Wednesday family', 'journey', 'negativity' and numerous other such nonsense speak terms. Please, whoever, just sort it!! I don't care who does it - just do it.

Im sure I will be shot down for this, but, have we become obsessed with being accepted/liked as a community club and with the connections with the Childrens Hospital and taken our eye off being a football club with the objectives that a football club should have??

Anyway, as I said, I should know better.

so basically

you spent alot of money and time going to reading today

you feel upset that your effort was not echo'd on the pitch

unfortunately you are not the only one. the life of an away fan is never a pretty one!

I felt the same when we were 3-1 up at Brentford with a few mins left and drew 3-3 that time.

Then J P mcgovern came on here shooting his mouth of.

I was so cheesed off my blood was boiling.

Then I turned off the computer and realised it doesn't really matter

I felt the same when we were 3-1 up at Brentford with a few mins left and drew 3-3 that time.

Then J P mcgovern came on here shooting his mouth of.

I was so cheesed off my blood was boiling.

Then I turned off the computer and realised it doesn't really matter

Oof!!! Did I really write that opening post? :biggrin: I must not post when tired, emotional and drunk ever again!

You're right, its not really that bad and this bacon sandwich is gorgeous!! And I dont think we will go down. Peterborough, Plymouth and Sflaphorpe will go - hopefully!