Marcus Tudgay

Guest Sheff Owl

sorry but i just don't see it.

He's been used to win headers in attack and defence, hold the ball up and drop deep all season.

He's been far from impressive, but neither has Clarke or Jeffers who wouldnt be able to do as much.

As mentioned, a switch to the right may benefit him though, arriving late in the box etc.

But I havent seen him in the last 3 games so perhaps the workrate has died off. The team as a whole lacks a spine and a leader, if they are confident then they can be formidable, if they arent then they all just look to each other and wilt.

Guest Sheff Owl

Funny thing is -

Soares play's poo poo - bench next game

Simek play's poo poo - bench next game or not included

Esajas play's poo poo - bench next game

Shame same don't apply for other player's.

Guest Sheff Owl

He runs doesn't he ?

I've heard Paula Radcliffe is coming in on loan. She could run for us.

Apparantly that is all that you need to do to play upfront

Kuqi and Peacock ran also covered every blade of grass but just could not score goals.

Do we really need more of these player's?

Seriously mate, what does he offer at the mo?

Please educate me

I havent seen him today or against Ipswich and Donny.

But prior to that there was a lot of praise for his work rate and defensive contributions, if there was someone firing on all cylinders then stick someone else up there.

But since theyve all decided to be poo poo this season...

He runs doesn't he ?

I've heard Paula Radcliffe is coming in on loan. She could run for us.

Apparantly that is all that you need to do to play upfront

But if your other strikers or either injured or not interested, do you stick the guy who runs and works hard in the team or the others?

Kuqi and Peacock ran also covered every blade of grass but just could not score goals.

Tudgay doesn't even do that.

He plays like someone trying to poach goals. But he's crap. He reacts slow, finishings terrible and he doesn't get into the right places in the box anyway.

Laziest player we've got. Not what you need when your in our position. We need players sweating blood, Tudgay hardly ever sweats!

Funny thing is -

Soares play's poo poo - bench next game

Simek play's poo poo - bench next game or not included

Esajas play's poo poo - bench next game

Shame same don't apply for other player's.

nail on f00king head

Why do you think he continues with the dross performances ? He knows there is no pressure on his starting place, so he has obviously lost that competitive edge

Guest Sheff Owl

But if your other strikers or either injured or not interested, do you stick the guy who runs and works hard in the team or the others?

I'm not saying this is the answer but surely if you was to bench Tudgay and say play Modest then SURELY that has got to be a massive kick up the arse for Tudgay to improve fast?

Peacock is in a totally different league of dissapointment than Tudgay or Kuqi.

Tudgay usually weighs in with a decent contribution of goals totals of something like 10, 8 (knee injury ending his season early), 14 and now 8 again so far.

This season he was expected to step up and become the "main man" but any team could do with more than one person contributing. The season we finished 9th brunt, burton, tudgay and maclean all got double figures.

Tudgay hasnt stepped up, but I do think that he is being made a scapegoat.

Guest Sheff Owl

nail on f00king head

Why do you think he continues with the dross performances ? He knows there is no pressure on his starting place, so he has obviously lost that competitive edge

Is there something in Tudgay's new contract that he has to start?

I really don't think it's fair on other's if they can have a one bad game and get dropped and other's play numerous games on the trot and keep there place, no wonder some players maybe pi$$ed off.

I'm not saying this is the answer but surely if you was to bench Tudgay and say play Modest then SURELY that has got to be a massive kick up the arse for Tudgay to improve fast?

It would be interesting to see if it sparked a reaction.

But to be fair to the manager, if he thought Modest was good enough or ready mentally for the hell were in he'd probably use him.

The message AI is giving is that hes got to try and make the best of this current 15 players or so.

Guest Sheff Owl

Peacock is in a totally different league of dissapointment than Tudgay or Kuqi.

Tudgay usually weighs in with a decent contribution of goals totals of something like 10, 8 (knee injury ending his season early), 14 and now 8 again so far.

This season he was expected to step up and become the "main man" but any team could do with more than one person contributing. The season we finished 9th brunt, burton, tudgay and maclean all got double figures.

Tudgay hasnt stepped up, but I do think that he is being made a scapegoat.

I can see what your saying but it can't be one rule for one and another rule for another.

It seem's Tudgay has an edge over other's, play's no matter what.

But don't get me wrong before all this contract business he was doing very well and since he signed it he has been poor.

But Tudgay is not the only one, for me anyway Potter, Gray, Varney, Spurr seem undroppable also.

I just simply think that he is included because he (usually) gets involved and works hard and the alternative options are poor or injured. Before today our best chances in the last game fell to Tudgay ie Sullivans save or off the bar. Had he scored those two he'd have been the hero but hes either been unlucky or not had the confidence to put them away, probably both.

I dont think any club or manager would be held to ransom by any player claiming they had to start each game.

Guest Sheff Owl

It would be interesting to see if it sparked a reaction.

But to be fair to the manager, if he thought Modest was good enough or ready mentally for the hell were in he'd probably use him.

The message AI is giving is that hes got to try and make the best of this current 15 players or so.

Certainly would.

Yes sadly i think it could be true, just seem's Modest is not ready, maybe next season we will see him, i do get the impression from what AI said that the squad of 16 say is the one's he is gonna deal with, i'm sure he said something along the lines of it would not be right to chuck youth in.

I just simply think that he is included because he (usually) gets involved and works hard and the alternative options are poor or injured. Before today our best chances in the last game fell to Tudgay ie Sullivans save or off the bar. Had he scored those two he'd have been the hero but hes either been unlucky or not had the confidence to put them away, probably both.

I dont think any club or manager would be held to ransom by any player claiming they had to start each game.

You never know tho some Premier league club's insist on their player's playing if they are to agree to the loan.

Certainly would.

Yes sadly i think it could be true, just seem's Modest is not ready, maybe next season we will see him, i do get the impression from what AI said that the squad of 16 say is the one's he is gonna deal with, i'm sure he said something along the lines of it would not be right to chuck youth in.

You never know tho some Premier league club's insist on their player's playing if they are to agree to the loan.

As it goes then we'd be more likely to see Palmer ahead of anyone else based on AI's comments. If we went down a level then we'd probably see more of Modest where raw pace can do damage as we saw with Talbot.

Re: the comments about player's clubs insisting on the players starting. That may be the case in some loans where a club is truly desperate, but I think if you were to offer a player a four year deal, it makes a mockery out of the manager and the club itself. I know how much Laws rated Tudgay but it would actually hinder a manager from doing his job especially when the next big contract came up with another "star" who wanted the same.

I havent seen him today or against Ipswich and Donny.

But prior to that there was a lot of praise for his work rate and defensive contributions, if there was someone firing on all cylinders then stick someone else up there.

But since theyve all decided to be poo poo this season...

I completely disagree.

In all honesty, I haven't even noticed him for the last few games, now if he was a central midfielder you could argue that he does simple but effective things that Joe Fan doesn't notice, but a) he's a frickin forward, surely we should notice he's there other than when we hear his name on the team sheet. At least even with Leon Clarke, he's dog-sh!t but he puts himself about.

Before this season, I thought Tudgay was one of the hardest working players we'd had at S6 in recent years, and that was why he did so well last season. But I haven't seen any of that this year.

the first time he was given a 4 year contract was a massive mistake, but probably not that expensive

the second time we gave him a four year contract was an absolute disaster. all that fuss made by the club last season regarding tudgay and burnley etc proved to me at that time that b laws was a very poor manager. fergie didnt make as much fuss when losing ronaldo. now we are left with a poor championship player for FOUR flippingYEARS - AGAIN. he should leave at the end of the season with that pizza eating, beer drinkin dozy fat c^nt clarke and the jug eared, biscuit legged scouse billionaire fanny. the worst 3 strikers in the league