I'm ready to be raped from behind by Owlstalk and Strafford but..

Guest Darkus Owlus

We need to somehow find the money to pay for two loan signings by any means possible, even if it hurts us a little.

Relegation to League 1 will hurt us massively and getting out of that league will be very, very hard.

We need to somehow find the money to pay for two loan signings by any means possible, even if it hurts us a little.

Relegation to League 1 will hurt us massively and getting out of that league will be very, very hard.

we need fuc king divine intervention more like!

I personally believe (and I am heavily under the influence of drink this evening to dull the pain of this afternoons debacle) that without the disastrous reign of our previous Chairman our club wouldnt be in the mess its in.

Our club did progress ON the pitch during Mr Allens reign - there is no disputing that. It also made inroads in our financial position, via the sale of players to balance the books and the reduction of our cost base.

However - the disastrous relationships with the fans and the clubs PR have hurt us badly in the long term and we are still paying for that legacy. That wont be addressed any time soon despite the pleas of our new Chairman and my biggest fear is that the long standing incumbents on our Board (who stood by and allowed the disgusting actions of the previous regime (even endorsed them)) will see fit to replace Lee and Nick - and sometime soon.

Don't forget about Sir Dave !!

Guest oliver666

such a huge DA fan that signed up since december? :blink:

i take it you know the history of this site and DA then?

not a dig, genuine question

flip the history of this site pal, all I care about is the fact I have been a supporter (not just a fan) for nearly 50 years. I m sick to the back flipping teeth of meaningless replys to peoples points. What the hell as this site got to do with DA putting his hand in his pocket. Get real, like him or loathe him, interest paid or not, he got this club out of the poo poo a few times.

Again enlighten me, whats so important thats it's be all end all of this site. I think I'd have more fun on Blades Mad winding them up rather answer to likes of so call Owls fans on here. Go post something sarcastic or are you old enough to rise above it. Your right, why should I have a say on this site because I only came on here in December. Closed shop me thinks.

By the way I did take it as a dig (why mention joining in December), pity you couldn't disguise it.

Beware everyone, make sure you are a aredent Owlstalker or you may bet berated :ohmy:

flip the history of this site pal, all I care about is the fact I have been a supporter (not just a fan) for nearly 50 years. I m sick to the back flipping teeth of meaningless replys to peoples points. What the hell as this site got to do with DA putting his hand in his pocket. Get real, like him or loathe him, interest paid or not, he got this club out of the poo poo a few times.

Again enlighten me, whats so important thats it's be all end all of this site. I think I'd have more fun on Blades Mad winding them up rather answer to likes of so call Owls fans on here. Go post something sarcastic or are you old enough to rise above it. Your right, why should I have a say on this site because I only came on here in December. Closed shop me thinks.

By the way I did take it as a dig (why mention joining in December), pity you couldn't disguise it.

Beware everyone, make sure you are a aredent Owlstalker or you may bet berated :ohmy:

I thought he spent money on taking legal action against members of this site is all i meant, plus you should recognize that you won't get as free and fair a hearing on here as in other fan communities.

I never suggested in any way you shouldn't have a say, don't be so defensive. However, you might notice a lot of recently joining posters with... agendas, which can make people suspicious.

Even ardent owlstalkers get berated... because we're on the internet a lot of people think they don't need to treat other people with any respect. It's not worth getting worked up over.

If I'm not mistaken, under whose Chairmanship did we finish in the second worst position in our entire history?

And accumulated the biggest debts in our entire history?

And some people still serenade it??

Honest question here from somebody not in the know. Where has Dennis Hobson gone? From memory, under DA he offered on more than one occasion to fund a loan signing but was rebuffed.

just a potential answer....

Maybe he knew it wouldn't be accepted and was a bit of free publicity ?

If I'm not mistaken, under whose Chairmanship did we finish in the second worst position in our entire history?

And accumulated the biggest debts in our entire history?

And some people still serenade it??

If i'm not mistaken, under who's Chairmanship did we finish in our highest position since relegation from the premiership?

If we had gambled in January of that season, kept Bougherra and signed a couple of players, I guarantee the likelihood we would have probably overtaken Sunderland and Birmingham City. We wouldn't have had that bad patch in January - February that we did, we even may have beaten Manchester City in the cup, in fact I'll always believe we would have won promotion to the premiership that season.

I dread to think what if we failed but I'm that confident we wouldn't have. We may have come straight back down but we certainly wouldn't have disgraced ourselves in the premier league like Derby County did the following season. Plus the values on Whelan, Brunt and Bougherra would have doubled/trebled potentially

Also, that would have meant we wouldn't have had any money to gamble on signing useless poo like Jeffers and sue our own supporters.

If i'm not mistaken, under who's Chairmanship did we finish in our highest position since relegation from the premiership?

If we had gambled in January of that season, kept Bougherra and signed a couple of players, I guarantee the likelihood we would have probably overtaken Sunderland and Birmingham City. We wouldn't have had that bad patch in January - February that we did, we even may have beaten Manchester City in the cup, in fact I'll always believe we would have won promotion to the premiership that season.

I dread to think what if we failed but I'm that confident we wouldn't have. We may have come straight back down but we certainly wouldn't have disgraced ourselves in the premier league like Derby County did the following season. Plus the values on Whelan, Brunt and Bougherra would have doubled/trebled potentially

Assumption overload !

Also, that would have meant we wouldn't have had any money to gamble on signing useless poo like Jeffers and sue our own supporters.

:huh:

I think the pursuit of legal action against supporters and local businesses went well beyond whether we had a lot of money available or not. And who was the muppet responsible for probably the single worst signing of my lifetime in Francis Jeffers?

Purely because we're playing the guess who game.

Under who's chairmanship was it that we didn't take the gamble?

Guest Distraught!

Aye, if we hold onto players like Tudgay, Beevers, Spurr and Wood instead of selling them at the offer originally made, their values will double or treble. It works like that, doesn't it? :blink:

What absolute bullsh*t.

Right to quote a few here

1: Please show me our end of season positions since our relegation from the premiership. I apologise if we've finished higher than 9th. Chances are we will finish higher than 9th in the future (after a season in league one again) but all i've done was to point out to Daz that yes we may have finished in our second worst position in history (didn't we finish lower when we survived on the final day against Southend - experienced owls supporters help here), we also saw a final position of 9th. Perhaps if I said so far, that would make things a bit clearer.

2: Most of that was on assumption. If we had gambled and gained promotion to the premiership, would we have signed the likes of Jeffers? I somehow doubt it. Failed - money used would have prevented us from signing that waste of space. As you say DJM, worst signing in the history of the club (i'd never thought no one could beat the likes of Booth and De Bilde)

Distraught - I can give you a few examples of players valuations that have increased since playing in the premier league. Rob Hulse for example, one season in the premier league for the pigs and then sold to Derby County for £3 million. Steve Howard went to Leicester for £2 million from Derby (ouch!). Brunty was wanted by Tony Mowbray at Celtic and offered £5million for him which was turned down by WBA. Didn't Rangers pay £4million for Bougherra?

Roland what is this guess who game your talking about?

Right to quote a few here

1: Please show me our end of season positions since our relegation from the premiership. I apologise if we've finished higher than 9th. Chances are we will finish higher than 9th in the future (after a season in league one again) but all i've done was to point out to Daz that yes we may have finished in our second worst position in history (didn't we finish lower when we survived on the final day against Southend - experienced owls supporters help here), we also saw a final position of 9th. Perhaps if I said so far, that would make things a bit clearer.

2: Most of that was on assumption. If we had gambled and gained promotion to the premiership, would we have signed the likes of Jeffers? I somehow doubt it. Failed - money used would have prevented us from signing that waste of space. As you say DJM, worst signing in the history of the club (i'd never thought no one could beat the likes of Booth and De Bilde)

Distraught - I can give you a few examples of players valuations that have increased since playing in the premier league. Rob Hulse for example, one season in the premier league for the pigs and then sold to Derby County for £3 million. Steve Howard went to Leicester for £2 million from Derby (ouch!). Brunty was wanted by Tony Mowbray at Celtic and offered £5million for him which was turned down by WBA. Didn't Rangers pay £4million for Bougherra?

Roland what is this guess who game your talking about?

All you've done so far is assume selectively and wildly to fit some vaguely defined preconceived ideas. It's easy - look :

If we hadn't let Barry Corr go, I'm confident he would have scored 47 goals the next season as we set a league record in winning all 46 games with a goal difference of +129. Moet paid us for the privilege of stocking their product, Alex Ferguson resigned in hopelessness at the task of trying to stop us marching to absolute domination, David Hirst was given a peerage and Kenny Lunt even managed to be noticed in a game.

Few fans backed Allen as much as I did, as the likes of Daz, Guy and DJ will testify. I maintain that his first few years his work was a necessary evil, and actually has kept us from greater harm in the long run. IF we had manage to sell the TG at the height of the property boom we would be in decent shape.

However, the day his pen signed the legal action against supporters ALL fans who understand this club should have withdrawn any support of the man (as I did).

I would rather we had 1 hour of Lee Straffords time a week, and none of his money, than have DA at the helm again.

Guest Distraught!

Few fans backed Allen as much as I did, as the likes of Daz, Guy and DJ will testify. I maintain that his first few years his work was a necessary evil, and actually has kept us from greater harm in the long run. IF we had manage to sell the TG at the height of the property boom we would be in decent shape.

However, the day his pen signed the legal action against supporters ALL fans who understand this club should have withdrawn any support of the man (as I did).

I would rather we had 1 hour of Lee Straffords time a week, and none of his money, than have DA at the helm again.

That bit I agree with. I do not so much think that DA was the right man. I would say he was the RIGHT TYPE OF MAN. Due to the circumstances that occurred up to the period that DA took over as Chairman, it required someone of DA's nature and personality to close shop on the rapidly burgeoning debt. That is to say, not a LS type of character but a hard nosed, couldn't give a flying flip type of business person with a wad of cash that they were prepared to invest.

If this was the only thing that DA did and then stepped aside for someone like LS to take over, the bitter feeling would no longer exist. Even his loans at what I believe is 2.5% above LIBOR would not measure too highly on the Richter Scale as we now see that 'benefactors' :biggrin: such as McPiggy also cash in on loan notes as I am sure many other football directors up and down the country do.

It's the rest of the poo poo that comes with DA that makes him such an obnoxious, despicable, dislikeable character! :angry: