I'm ready to be raped from behind by Owlstalk and Strafford but..

Guest wadsleybridgeowl

i may regret typing this as i am a Strafford fan.

however Lee isnt unique other owners could come in and make 'positive' changes and bring the community to SWFC, they would also have money to spend.

i dont expect Lee to invest as he doesnt have the money to do it. He has done alot, but he isnt the messiah. We need money we need a takeover or investment. If Lee cant do it within a reasonable time frame then he will have to move on.

if you cant do it Lee i know you tried your hardest i cannot question your commitment but you may have to move on.

Spot on post m8

People wanting Allen back are obviously not in receipt of the full facts.

However, this doesn't make the current chairman immune from criticism.

And his recent quoting of ex-chairman insults in some kind of attempt at humour are embarrassing.

You can only keep blaming the past for so long before having to shoulder some responsibility.

where do you draw the line on this seasons failings then ?

Allen would have gone into his own back pocket for funding.

Something is a matter here, before we could pull off loans such as Carson and Ben Sahar and Songo'o.

If we desperately needed a signing, Allen would dip in his own account for money for this club.

And my bloody giddy aunt did we pull off some cracking signings!

So now why can't we do this?

We have 'no money', okay, i get that, but why are we wasting money on Soares/Nolan/Varney/Feeney when their could be some hidden talents somewhere.

Lee isn't telling us the full story here, we're in a worser poo poo pan then we actually though of and i for one am worried.

I'm not asking Strafford to fund signings, i know he's here and getting no money from it and all that testicles (sorry, don't take offence, i'm just sick and tired of the same old tripe) but something isn't right here.

I think its been shown that this "out of his back pocket" were in fact LOANS to the club, the majority of which attracted interest at rates better than he could get elsewhere.

Why should Lee dip into his own pocket whilst others are on the board not seemingly doing a great deal, Like they say a problem shared is a problem halved.

What do people think of encouraging each fan to chuck a fiver (two pints) into the pot next week (should get us £75,000) if 15,000 turn up, we could then ask all the directors(as a body) to match this - giving a pot of £150,000 - this should secure Alan a couple decent loan signings for the next eight weeks.

Thoughts?

I think its been shown that this "out of his back pocket" were in fact LOANS to the club, the majority of which attracted interest at rates better than he could get elsewhere.

Why should Lee dip into his own pocket whilst others are on the board not seemingly doing a great deal, Like they say a problem shared is a problem halved.

What do people think of encouraging each fan to chuck a fiver (two pints) into the pot next week (should get us £75,000) if 15,000 turn up, we could then ask all the directors(as a body) to match this - giving a pot of £150,000 - this should secure Alan a couple decent loan signings for the next eight weeks.

Thoughts?

I honestly don't think Lee was receptive to the idea.

I think he would feel it would be like spending the proceeds of the family china.

if you cant do it Lee i know you tried your hardest i cannot question your commitment but you may have to move on.

Then what have we got?

No money - and no management structure in the club.

It's not like we've got a long queue of wealthy businessmen lining up to bail us out and fund a load of loan signings.

I have no doubt at all that Lee would step aside in a heartbeat if it would benefit the club - this isn't an ego thing for the bloke. He's trying his hardest - without any money to help the club.

But since no-one wants us why would you want to get rid?

Sure I read somewhere that last year agreement was made between the bank and some loan holders to take a "Haircut" on monies owed,unfortunately an as yet unnamed loan holder said no so the deal failed. Apologies in advance if this is not so.

To quote a well known saying.

"He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy"

Just being better than Allen doesn't automaticly mean LS is the right man for the job. The playing side has disintegrated under his leadership.

so he picks the players to buy then picks the team?

so he picks the players to buy then picks the team?

He'd have to ok the decisions, and the board has let the situation arise that half the team are out of contract simultaniously and clearly this is leading to an 'i have nothing to play for attitude' Is the manager responsible for that. No!!

I'm sure he's trying his best, the question is, is his best good enough?

He'd have to ok the decisions, and the board has let the situation arise that half the team are out of contract simultaniously and clearly this is leading to an 'i have nothing to play for attitude' Is the manager responsible for that. No!!

I'm sure he's trying his best, the question is, is his best good enough?

*cough leaked document cough*

The club have funded several loan signings this season , but the problem is theyve been chosen by two managers who dont seem able to spot a good player.

Irvine saw the tripe that Soares was serving up (albeit not in his favoured position) yet still asked to keep him for the remainder of the season , Varney is very hit and miss , Feeney was laughable and we,ll have to wait and see with Nolan.

Even if we stay up , having looked at Irvines signings at Preston i,m not filled with confidence about the guys prowess in the transfer market.

And theres the rub..................we,ve had a long succession of managers who cant spot a good player.....................and a long successio of Chairmen/board members who cant pick a good manager.

Guest Sheff Owl

The club have funded several loan signings this season , but the problem is theyve been chosen by two managers who dont seem able to spot a good player.

Irvine saw the tripe that Soares was serving up (albeit not in his favoured position) yet still asked to keep him for the remainder of the season , Varney is very hit and miss , Feeney was laughable and we,ll have to wait and see with Nolan.

Even if we stay up , having looked at Irvines signings at Preston i,m not filled with confidence about the guys prowess in the transfer market.

And theres the rub..................we,ve had a long succession of managers who cant spot a good player.....................and a long successio of Chairmen/board members who cant pick a good manager.

That's the thing Soares is a CM player, yet can't play there because of the undroppable/untouchable flipping Potter.

Hang on, so you're frustrated that the club aren't stumping up the money to bring in loan signings, stating that Allen would have given us the money too, and then listed 4 players who have been here on loan?

Yes, i stated the gash which we have loaned, yet before we could pull off decent loan signings with an 'apparent' worse financial state than we have now..

Allen loaned the club money.

Strafford would have to do the same.

We need to learn to work with what we have unfortunatley, despite the consequences.

Strafford has come into this mess to sort it out voluntarily, now people are asking him to put money in?

If it was me id have told most of you cheeky buggers to do one a long time ago.

I'm not asking him t'put money in, maybe my point was construed, i'm not asking for LS to put money in, i was simply stating DA would have when we needed it t'keep us afloat, why doesn't LS just be honest and brave and say we're taking money outta next summers transfer budget (ST sales) 'cos we NEED t'stay up. Would people moan about that?

Pity he didn't go into his back pocket to fund the legal actions that he so disgracefully instigated with his cohorts.

How much did that cost this club?

I know his background, i know its pathetic, i was simply stating that he would fund signings. If we go down, how can we have a clean slate with no money again?

I'd gladly take a 6 - 10% loan if it meant we were guaranteed to stay up because of it..... but, due to the total gash Brian has built up here, we would need a lot of money, which would just be adding to the debt and taking a risk in the meantime

But, something has to happen.

With current players and management of said players as it is, we are going down

Same

But it kept the club afloat and nothing has been paid back, not even the interest.

We'll still need to eventually..

People wanting Allen back are obviously not in receipt of the full facts.

However, this doesn't make the current chairman immune from criticism.

And his recent quoting of ex-chairman insults in some kind of attempt at humour are embarrassing.

You can only keep blaming the past for so long before having to shoulder some responsibility.

I don't want him back.

I think it's pretty well documented that the interest rate is 2.5% above LIBOR, but let's not let the facts get in the way.

:cool:

Thoughts?

I like.

I personally believe (and I am heavily under the influence of drink this evening to dull the pain of this afternoons debacle) that without the disastrous reign of our previous Chairman our club wouldnt be in the mess its in.

Our club did progress ON the pitch during Mr Allens reign - there is no disputing that. It also made inroads in our financial position, via the sale of players to balance the books and the reduction of our cost base.

However - the disastrous relationships with the fans and the clubs PR have hurt us badly in the long term and we are still paying for that legacy. That wont be addressed any time soon despite the pleas of our new Chairman and my biggest fear is that the long standing incumbents on our Board (who stood by and allowed the disgusting actions of the previous regime (even endorsed them)) will see fit to replace Lee and Nick - and sometime soon.