Who Still Believes?

Guest edforceowl

I don't know about it being over just yet, but I agree otherwise. There's got to be a reaction on Saturday.

didn't we say that after the Donny game ? and then after the Ipswich game ?

Maybe it is clear that these players just do not have a "reaction" in them, as most of them don't care.

The trouble is, we will be here long after these f*ckwits have left, yet it will be us picking up the pieces and not them. They should be held responsible for the last 3 performances, either by doing this as hugeowl mentioned.... http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=124070

or, paying for away travel for the next couple of matches in means of an apology and showing the fans that they do actually appreciate our support (after all, we are the idiots who pay their wages)

if they fight, give thier all..theyll stay up.

they show the same mentality as yesterday, there down.

fear is a powerful thing, they looked like they were caught in the headlights, didnt want the ball.

Irvine and the players have a week to get ready, mentally for a tough next few games..

i think hell get em ready and well win saturday.

Of course there is belief, there are points to play for and although its flipping obviously grim

a defeatist attitude is not the view to take.

The one bright light is AI is in charge and the totally pathetic inept and passionless display yesterday

cannot be repeated. Fight to the bitter end, and if the players are really hurting after yesterday (which I believe most will) then we

still have a chance, however slim.

remember the story of Revie's up and coming leeds were 6-0 down at west ham in an fa cup game...and a young billy bremner went to the ref and complained that west ham were time wasting...at 6-0 down still fighting...thats ballz...end result...best team in europe...throw the slackers out of our team who are not fit to wear the shirt...and put less talented ones in who give 100%... Edited by dnhc

I don't know about it being over just yet, but I agree otherwise. There's got to be a reaction on Saturday.

We said that about the Ipswich game. A club who were the divisions whipping boys for six months.

Another, crucial six pointer.

Unfortunately we are playing a side who thumped Forest yesterday.

Guest Sheff Owl

We said that about the Ipswich game. A club who were the divisions whipping boys for six months.

Another, crucial six pointer.

Unfortunately we are playing a side who thumped Forest yesterday.

Yeah Ipswich who did not keep a clean sheet all season until they came to us.

Ipswich who (was it last season?) did not win away until they came to us and Quinn scored the winner.

Preston away (ex manager and all that), Derby and Watford at home, Cov away, Bristol at home, then finish it off on the last day of the season against Palace (which condemns them along with Plymouth and P'boro)

There we go then. Don't know why I was worried at all :rolleyes:

Guest owls_4_life

Up until today/yesterday I did believe. But you can't lose a relegation 6-pointer 5-0.

It's over.

Just hope more than anything now it's not the blunts game that actually sends us down. I don't fear relegation so much because we've yo-yo'd for years, and teams come and go, and I trust AI to build a better team and I trust LS to move us forward off the pitch whatever division we are in. But the blunts sending us down is something that will never be forgotten in this city. While the current squad will not be with us forever, that fact will.

Even if it's that game that mathematically sends us down the reason we get relegated will be because of this disastrous season as a whole. Like when they were moaning about west ham when they went down.

And it's the players' faults, not the fans.

Not enough fight or belief in this bunch to get out of this.

22 Sheffield Wednesday

23 Crystal Palace

24 Peterborough

guys im as hurt as you lot but im not accepting where a league 1 side.

theres alot of points still to play for and the bottom 6 is seperated by a small amount of points..

we arnt adrift, yet... and every club down there wont win every week.

i still think scunny will go down

This about sums up my thoughts. Granted I wasn't there yesterday (thank god), which may be clouding my judgement but just because some of the players looked like they'd thrown the towel in I'm not about it. For fellow straw clutchers and those that think we're already down, remember we still have:

Thirteen matches to go in a division where everyone is beatable, even by us

JJ to come back - offers us something different, one of our few attacking threats

Purse to come back (far and away our POTM for Feb)

Err, I'm strugglng now!

Yes, on current form, we're gash but Irvine has polished the turd before and he can do it again. He won five of his first eight games which none of us could see coming. We need a similar run (in fact a lower win percentage would be enough).

WTID.

It was more of a case that he will still be here like him or not. He should do a job in L1. Not really a compliment.

Yeah I think he has a couple of years left on his contract after this season, unfortunately.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest ReginaldBlinker

Remaining games below. My guesses are based on us getting back to something like decent form.

Sheff Wed v Leicester 3

West Brom v Sheff Wed 0

Swansea v Sheff Wed 0

Preston v Sheff Wed 3

Sheff Wed v Derby 3

Sheff Wed v Watford 3

Coventry v Sheff Wed 1

QPR v Sheff Wed 0

Sheff Wed v Bristol City 3

Middlesbrough v Sheff Wed 0

Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd 3

Cardiff v Sheff Wed 0

Sheff Wed v Crystal Palace 3

Current points = 34

Final points = 56

Which would see us safe. Don't forget how tight it still is - teams have yo-yo'd up and down the league all season.

Remaining games below. My guesses are based on us getting back to something like decent form.

Sheff Wed v Leicester 3

West Brom v Sheff Wed 0

Swansea v Sheff Wed 0

Preston v Sheff Wed 3

Sheff Wed v Derby 3

Sheff Wed v Watford 3

Coventry v Sheff Wed 1

QPR v Sheff Wed 0

Sheff Wed v Bristol City 3

Middlesbrough v Sheff Wed 0

Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd 3

Cardiff v Sheff Wed 0

Sheff Wed v Crystal Palace 3

Current points = 34

Final points = 56

Which would see us safe. Don't forget how tight it still is - teams have yo-yo'd up and down the league all season.

you are hereby and henceforth banished from owlstalk for the serious misdemeanour of foolish optimism.

Guest ReginaldBlinker

you are hereby and henceforth banished from owlstalk for the serious misdemeanour of foolish optimism.

I did say:

My guesses are based on us getting back to something like decent form

:biggrin::biggrin:

I reckon we can do it....just.

Guest ReginaldBlinker

Scunny's run in:

Ipswich v Sflaphorpe, 15:00

Newcastle v Sflaphorpe, 19:45

Sflaphorpe v Plymouth, 15:00

Sflaphorpe v Peterborough, 19:45

Sheff Utd v Sflaphorpe, 12:15

Sflaphorpe v Blackpool, 15:00