Who Still Believes?

Guest edforceowl

Guest sheridan's2penalties

Up until today/yesterday I did believe. But you can't lose a relegation 6-pointer 5-0.

It's over.

Just hope more than anything now it's not the blunts game that actually sends us down. I don't fear relegation so much because we've yo-yo'd for years, and teams come and go, and I trust AI to build a better team and I trust LS to move us forward off the pitch whatever division we are in. But the blunts sending us down is something that will never be forgotten in this city. While the current squad will not be with us forever, that fact will.

Guest sheridan's2penalties

A stupid part of me keeps thinking of Leicester, Norwich and Charlton, and thinks that with AI at the helm we could build a good squad and have a flipping cracking season in league 1 next year. But it just won't happen for us like that, will it.

For me the love affair is slowly ending & LS is turning fans against each other because he's losing the plot & spouting idealistic clap trap that's belongs with fairies at the bottom of the garden.

The fact is

If there's little entertainment with poor performance then only fanatical idiot supporters will pay to experience pain.

LS thinks 20,000+ people will pay for no entertainment or success.

LS needs to wake up & smell the coffee.

Our only hope is football can be a funny old game. We could find luck & form & win our next 5 matches.

No, we're down.

Too many players don't care about this Club - some will be up for the fight, but far too many aren't. As Irvine said he now needs to see players with leadership qualities to stand up and get things moving.

Players like Purse, Miller and O'Connor will stand up to the challenge, and to be fair we really miss JJ - I never thought I'd say that. But Hinds and Spurr aren't good enough by a long shot - its not just a reaction after today, they're just not good enough. Same for Gray, he's past it for a left wing position, and Tudgay, Clarke and to some extent Varney all go into hiding.

We can talk about rotation, but with the size of our squad its like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Supposedly the fans were to blame for the grief they were given at home to Ipswich last week, but a big following went to see them today and backed them all the way, and what did we get?

The only team I see getting dragged into it and saving us is Sflaphorpe - but they're good at home and although on paper their team is pretty crap, they have a togetherness and will battle until the final whistle.

I just can't see us picking up enough points to even reach 50. We look a defeated team.

What about Palace now Warnock has left ?

Surely his passion and motivational skills will cause a dent on their survival aspirations ?

Possibly, depending on who they bring in I guess. But they have some decent players at the Club, they've had 10 games in a month and done ok, we play once a week and still get trounced. They won't finish much higher up but I'd be majorly surprised if they finished below us.

Guest Distraught!

OK, let's clutch at straws just for one second of optimism.......

There is one Premier League player that could potentially get us out of this poo poo. He can't cut it in the PL but certainly can cut it at CCC level.

He is at Burnley on loan from Portsmouth. He is not very highly rated at Burnley and is not an answer to their relegation woes.

It would take the Burnley manager helping out Wednesday by returning this player to Portsmouth from his loan spell and Irvine stepping in to sign this player.

It would take a mega wealthy supporter (Hobson!) to underwrite this player's salary until the end of the season as well as shipping a couple out on loan to free a bit of cash.

I reckon that this particular player has a very healthy respect for Irvine and would come to the club if only for that one reason. Alongside Tudgay, we might just get the goals to pull off a miracle.

If investment does come to the club before next season, this player could be available at a bargain price because of Portsmouth's financial situation. They will have to get rid in the summer. Survive this season and this player could potentially be a gateway to a play-off challenge next season.

Just dreaming for a second, it just seems that certain aspects of this deal are ready made to take advantage of! :biggrin:

Not a hope in hell of avoiding relegation and frankly, we don't deserve to. It is inevitable I am afraid. Having watched Plymouth and Peterborough I doubt that there are any teams over this season that will be worse than us - Nevermind still hoping that there are three.

This squad is useless. I defy anyone to turn this around.

I am all for cutting our losses now. Blooding some younger blood and preparing for Divison 1 already. We were that bad and embarassing today. For the remainder of the season we have to be pragmatic and stop deluding ourselves - that way it avoids anymore pain.

Maybe this squad is given too much attention - Let them fend for themselves and tell them to stuff it. I would not waste anymore time on them.

Let the dream go for this year - this bunch are not worth it.

So we should all just give up should we ?

This once proud and once massive club....... just allow it to slip, with no sense of belligerence and hardihood into footballs 3rd tier ?

I know people care too much about this club.

I know Lee cares too much about this club and I know Alan will care too much.

I agree we are gash (we know who's fault that is.... hint, he lost at home to bottom of the league today), but we cannot give up.

We fight, scrap and battle. The fans will draw every last breath to keep OUR club up, now let's just hope that something changes, or a significant event happens that makes the players take heed and try mirror our will to suceed and will to drag this club back out of the doldrums

Not a hope in hell of avoiding relegation and frankly, we don't deserve to. It is inevitable I am afraid. Having watched Plymouth and Peterborough I doubt that there are any teams over this season that will be worse than us - Nevermind still hoping that there are three.

This squad is useless. I defy anyone to turn this around.

I am all for cutting our losses now. Blooding some younger blood and preparing for Divison 1 already. We were that bad and embarassing today. For the remainder of the season we have to be pragmatic and stop deluding ourselves - that way it avoids anymore pain.

Maybe this squad is given too much attention - Let them fend for themselves and tell them to stuff it. I would not waste anymore time on them.

Have we got our wednesday back?

So we should all just give up should we ?

This once proud and once massive club....... just allow it to slip, with no sense of belligerence and hardihood into footballs 3rd tier ?

I know people care too much about this club.

I know Lee cares too much about this club and I know Alan will care too much.

I agree we are gash (we know who's fault that is.... hint, he lost at home to bottom of the league today), but we cannot give up.

We fight, scrap and battle. The fans will draw every last breath to keep OUR club up, now let's just hope that something changes, or a significant event happens that makes the players take heed and try mirror our will to suceed and will to drag this club back out of the doldrums

Quite frankly, yes. I am not allowing this present apology for a team to hurt me (or vicariously) my family anymore. No more lousy weekends, no more wasted anticipation for the next turning point only to be let down. Roll on next season. Fresh start, fresh heart.

'Scrap and battle' are sadly words that are not familiar in the current dressing room.

You keep on fighting the fight. You obviously have more stamina that me (or less passion?).

I cannot find heart or excuses anymore - You can do my fighting for me.