Loan Players - Genuine question

Ian

First question is, can anyone help me understand why LS thinks that we are not in as dark a place now as we were when Brian Laws was in charge and that why he thinks we are a much better team

Main question is this.....LS said on Thursday night to my question of "are we going to get any loan players in",,,,,,"no, you are wanting to get in a forward who is warming a premiership clubs bench and they will be on £20-£25k per week and we can't afford / wont do that"

So, can anyone help me understand why we wouldn't do the following.

Forget the £20k a week man, forget even the £25k a week man......lets make sure we get it right and get someone in on loan who wants £30 or even £40k a week because without it we are going down. (or even 2 x £20k men)

There's 9 weeks of the season left so that's £40k x 9 = £360k.

And where is the money coming from......a reasonable question....I am assuming that of the current miserable shower of players, at least 1 if not 2 or 3 could be sold in the summer to raise £360k.

Someone (bank, finance house, directors) could loan the club this money (lets call it £400k so that they get something back for their trouble) and in some way attach it to summer sales of players, at which point they will be re paid.

There's then 2 outcomes......we either still go down (and yes, I know that bringing in Michael Owen doesn't guarentee we'll stay up)....in which case the players of any value would be going anyway

or we stay up......minus a few of the better players......but these would have gone anyway if we get relegated and at least we are then in the championship.

I'm sure there are lots of reasons why this couldn't work but i'd like someone to help me understand why. Something needs to be done.

First question is, can anyone help me understand why LS thinks that we are not in as dark a place now as we were when Brian Laws was in charge and that why he thinks we are a much better team

Main question is this.....LS said on Thursday night to my question of "are we going to get any loan players in",,,,,,"no, you are wanting to get in a forward who is warming a premiership clubs bench and they will be on £20-£25k per week and we can't afford / wont do that"

So, can anyone help me understand why we wouldn't do the following.

Forget the £20k a week man, forget even the £25k a week man......lets make sure we get it right and get someone in on loan who wants £30 or even £40k a week because without it we are going down. (or even 2 x £20k men)

There's 9 weeks of the season left so that's £40k x 9 = £360k.

And where is the money coming from......a reasonable question....I am assuming that of the current miserable shower of players, at least 1 if not 2 or 3 could be sold in the summer to raise £360k.

Someone (bank, finance house, directors) could loan the club this money (lets call it £400k so that they get something back for their trouble) and in some way attach it to summer sales of players, at which point they will be re paid.

There's then 2 outcomes......we either still go down (and yes, I know that bringing in Michael Owen doesn't guarentee we'll stay up)....in which case the players of any value would be going anyway

or we stay up......minus a few of the better players......but these would have gone anyway if we get relegated and at least we are then in the championship.

I'm sure there are lots of reasons why this couldn't work but i'd like someone to help me understand why. Something needs to be done.

Nothing will be done because provisions havent been made. We've overspent off the field and we are skint, hence the buy your season ticket now so we caan plan for summers transfer budget b0llox

We could bring in a £40k p/w striker, him score 6 score goals and play well and still go down.

I honestly don't think bringing in players is the answer.

Its too late, too expensive and theres no guaruntee it would work.

Also no garuntee it wouldnt.

I don't think one or two players will even make a difference anymore. We need a complete fresh start. I'd rather we didn't spend any more cash. I'd actually be looking to get shut of a few players on loan and bring one or two of the younger players in i.e. Boden and Macca and see what they do.

me too, but who would be daft enough to take any

why not spend 3.7 million on admin last year (2 million more than the last time) then dont hold any funds back for a scenario such as this?

surely another reason not to spend more money now? :blink:

basically, all i'm trying to point out is that we're in our position due to spending money we don't have.... surely the solution is not to spend money we don't have?

surely another reason not to spend more money now? :blink:

basically, all i'm trying to point out is that we're in our position due to spending money we don't have.... surely the solution is not to spend money we don't have?

I agree about spending moeny we dont have.

The questions have to be why dont we have any money?

Have we overspent on the admin side?

Has the Richard Wood money been spent?

Why havent funds been held back for this very scenario we find ourselves in?

I agree about spending moeny we dont have.

The questions have to be why dont we have any money?

Have we overspent on the admin side?

Has the Richard Wood money been spent?

Why havent funds been held back for this very scenario we find ourselves in?

Did you go to the meeting on Thursday night? If so why didn't you ask these questions there?

The point I am making is that this way we are not spending money we dont have......and not spending next years money.....in effect we are selling a player to fund the loans....but seeing as the window is shut, someone needs to fund the cashflow......no reason why the ST money could not be used and then replaced at the end of the season when we sell someone

Guest Sheff Owl

The current loan players we have are poo ...

I have said before we got -

Song'o and Slusarski at the right time....

We got Kavanagh and Michael Johnson at the right time....

I think that time is here again....