Where is/was plan B?

At the fans forum a wednesdayite board member posed the question.

'Lee, What are we going to do in January if we are in the bottom three with no investment, where does that leave the business plan?'

The question was rubbished off and dismissed as an unfair question by the chairman.

Well, where is exactly plan B?

Our chairman who I tell you has built up a successful internet provider Plusnet (I'm sure he's told you) has FAILED to have a plan B in place. No investment and staring relegation in the face and we have no backup plan.

We have no money and that is down to mismanagement. Clearly it was all blown on the administration side of things bringing us up to date off the field with all other championship clubs.

Enjoy your pies and brilliant online ticketing systems while watching the likes of Yeovil and Rochdale next year.

Guest mrbluesky

At the fans forum a wednesdayite board member posed the question.

'Lee, What are we going to do in January if we are in the bottom three with no investment, where does that leave the business plan?'

The question was rubbished off and dismissed as an unfair question by the chairman.

Well, where is exactly plan B?

Our chairman who I tell you has built up a successful internet provider Plusnet (I'm sure he's told you) has FAILED to have a plan B in place. No investment and staring relegation in the face and we have no backup plan.

We have no money and that is down to mismanagement. Clearly it was all blown on the administration side of things bringing us up to date off the field with all other championship clubs.

Enjoy your pies and brilliant online ticketing systems while watching the likes of Yeovil and Rochdale next year.

BMC you seem to have heard the same as me mmmmm.....interesting

Guest totemowl

I think the £26M was actually blown trying to keep us in the Premiership.

As for money, haven't we been told for the last few years that we have no money. In fact, in terms of turning round the admin side, hasn't that helped raise an extra £1.5M for wages.

Now, I think you'll find that is fact. But do you know for fact that there is no plan B, or for that matter a plan C, or are you stirring the tea leaves to see what you can find.

I think the £26M was actually blown trying to keep us in the Premiership.

As for money, haven't we been told for the last few years that we have no money. In fact, in terms of turning round the admin side, hasn't that helped raise an extra £1.5M for wages.

Now, I think you'll find that is fact. But do you know for fact that there is no plan B, or for that matter a plan C, or are you stirring the tea leaves to see what you can find.

No the admin bill in the last accounts was £3.7 million admittedly that included legal fees and getting rid of the devils sperm but we've spent plenty on improving things off the pitch that I can tell you.

How we need that money ON the pitch now and there is only one person who has made that decision to spend it OFF the field instead of ON it.

Guest totemowl

No the admin bill in the last accounts was £3.7 million admittedly that included legal fees and getting rid of the devils sperm but we've spent plenty on improving things off the pitch that I can tell you.

How we need that money ON the pitch now and there is only one person who has made that decision to spend it OFF the field instead of ON it.

Ok. Do you mean you want to use it as fertilizer? Or do you want it to upgrade our squad? From what I can gather £1.6M has been spent to upgrade the playing squad, so I guess that means we have spent it ON the field.

Why were ZERO funds held back for a situation like we have now?

We're supposed to leave a meaningful amount of money sat in a bank account, earning zero interest, waiting for us to be in trouble? Sounds like really inefficient use of resources ...

This late in the day, if we just chuck money around in an attempt to stay up, it's a hell of a gamble. It's how we got into debt in the first place ...

What was the admin bill for the year before? And what costs does the admin bill include?

Before you say why is it important, the club will always have an admin bill so it's not like £3.7 million is available to spend on the pitch. You could also argue that spending on the admin side will bring increased revenue in the future, which can be spent on the players. Or you could just keep repeating the £3.7 million figure in every thread, whatever is easier really

Guest totemowl

What was the admin bill for the year before? And what costs does the admin bill include?

Before you say why is it important, the club will always have an admin bill so it's not like £3.7 million is available to spend on the pitch. You could also argue that spending on the admin side will bring increased revenue in the future, which can be spent on the players. Or you could just keep repeating the £3.7 million figure in every thread, whatever is easier really

I wish BMC would provide a breakdown! I'm guessing a good proportion paid our last highly revered chief exec, who I think was reputed to be on something like £800k per annum.

As to why we have got zero funds, well anyone knows we are well stretched when it comes to funding. We raised some money from Woods sale which we spent on Varney, Feeney and Soares. Then we went into crisis and sacked Laws, so we had to pay off Laws and his team and bring on board Irvine and his team. I doubt that these were cheap transactions but they probably were unexpected, six months ago.