Stop

hammer time

we need a step back here i think

I may have joined others into leaping like Ryan Shawcross into some of the negative threads tonight, but in the last few minutes i've been having a moment of...contemplation.

This has thrown up the following points for me:

• Relegation- looks more likely by the day, especially if said day is wasted by the inept performances seen today. however, we have to believe these players can get us out of it; they're the only ones we have. also, we need to go down fighting, to inspire the belief that we can bounce right back. we cannot afford a few seasons in L1
  • Players- as mentioned above, they don't seem to care, don't want to know and,put simply, just plain aren't very good. but we can't afford any more, and most of them will be flipping off in the summer anyway, so let's just pray that for now they can pull a miracle out and keep us up.
  • Investment- non-issue as of now, it can't help us this season even if we do get it, so forget it.
  • Chairman- hope this thread doesn't turn into a LS argument; imo he's driving very hard at difficult goals, and gets annoyed by scepticism and cynicism, which leads to the epic 98 page arguments... because a lot of us are still sceptical and cynical, which won't change quickly.
  • Fans- not happy with what is on the field, and despite what may happen off it, that is the primary goal. shouldn't have to- and won't- put up with this for much longer.
After a defeat is ofc the complete wrong time to post this, but i thought that there wasn't really enough annoying and antagonistic threads knocking round :rolleyes: .

Now this may sound like a self-centred attention-seeking p.o.s, because it effectively is. i believe owlstalk was put here for me to spout off. feel free to abuse me, cardiff will defend me with his house rules. cheers.

Guest Gornaldo

............... right now, thank you very much, I need somebody with a human touch.

Hey you, always on the run, gotta slow it down baby gotta have some fun......

DID YOU GO TO THE MADEJSKI TODAY?

I don't have an ounce of positivity at the moment after watching THAT.

............... right now, thank you very much, I need somebody with a human touch.

Hey you, always on the run, gotta slow it down baby gotta have some fun......

DID YOU GO TO THE MADEJSKI TODAY?

I don't have an ounce of positivity at the moment after watching THAT.

i'm not positive, just.... well, I can't change things, so i pray they turn out better than expected this season, then we can start again next year. i expect to go down second from bottom and toy with relegation next year too.

a small set off our so called fans, many off the usual obvious ones on here, WILL NEVER BE HAPPY, no matter what mate..............

And a small set of our so called fans will continue to sit back and make excuses for current performances, despite being taken the absolute P*SS out of and disgraced by our players whilst going down to a gutless 5-0 defeat at a relegation rival.

Works both ways.

"we have to believe these players can get us out of it; they're the only ones we have. also, we need to go down fighting, to inspire the belief that we can bounce right back"

No offense meant, but did you go today?

These players simply are not good enough. You can shuffle the pack anyway you like. No need to go on about passion, comittment and work ethic - they are cannot do it, end of. I have my doubts that this lot will perform any better in Divison 1, they are that poor. I'll venture we will not even finish above Plymouth.

Well done all the Owls who made the trip. You deserved much better.

UTO

didn't go, but to hear the immortal words from the RS commentary team " wednesday are having their best part of the game and taking it to reading , we are piling the pressure on, oooops tommy has given the ball away, we're in trouble now, 1-0 reading"

well done all who went, you deserve better

Guest totemowl

I was thinking similar. All that matters until the end of the season is the footballing side of things. Investment, season ticket sales, finances, loan players, getting rid of the dross, etc have no relevance. We have 13 games left and it's up to the managers, players and fans to decide how they intend to see those 13 games out. Those 13 games will decide how much of a failure this season is.

"we have to believe these players can get us out of it; they're the only ones we have. also, we need to go down fighting, to inspire the belief that we can bounce right back"

No offense meant, but did you go today?

These players simply are not good enough. You can shuffle the pack anyway you like. No need to go on about passion, comittment and work ethic - they are cannot do it, end of. I have my doubts that this lot will perform any better in Divison 1, they are that poor. I'll venture we will not even finish above Plymouth.

Well done all the Owls who made the trip. You deserved much better.

UTO

we all know that. what good does it do to say it after (nearly) every game? like i say,we have to back them to get us into the hallowed 21st place, cos no-one else will.