The worst i can recall ever seeing Wednesday play.

Hopeless, absolutely hopeless.

It sounds bizarre having just been thrashed 5-0 but Reading are a poor side, yet today they absolutely took the wee wee today- if they had have wanted it, they could have scored a few more as well.

Positives:

Beevers was pretty good whilst others around him absolutely collapsed.

Nolan looks like an excellent player- crossed well off both feet, showed for the ball when other players needed support, and was defensively not too bad despite the chaos everywhere else on the pitch.

Tommy Miller can actually pass the ball forwards unlike anyone else in our team, and needs to start in our inept midfield ASAP.

Negatives:

Everyone else... to a man they were spineless, didn't show an ounce of fight all game long.

Hinds played 10x worse than i'v ever seen him play before- if another team had defended as he did for their 5th goal, i would still be laughing now it was so bad. You can bet your arse that what happened today wouldn't have happened with Purse in the side.

Spurr was laughably bad.

Gray's career is done and dusted.

Did Soares or Potter even play?

Varney was back to his usual self...i don't think he held on to the ball for longer than 2 seconds all game long.

JoC- You've been very good recently and at least gave it your all today so less blame is attached to you, but you still played like a bag of poo .

We're not down and out yet- despite what happened today, but we need Purse back soon and we need Tudgay to start scoring a few goals to keep us up. Up front, we continue to perservere with Varney and Tudgay when they clearly can't play together- i don't give a flip what we do next game, but please please please at least try summat different rather than trying the same thing over and over again when it clearly doesn't work.

As i'v said, i think Wednesday fans have been surprised over the last couple of games exactly what JJ and Darren Purse mean to us.

Btw, on a lighter note, if you read this LS- it was me who pointed like an absolute muppet at you on the train in Reading for about 10 seconds :biggrin:

Hopeless, absolutely hopeless.

It sounds bizarre having just been thrashed 5-0 but Reading are a poor side, yet today they absolutely took the wee wee today- if they had have wanted it, they could have scored a few more as well.

Positives:

Beevers was pretty good whilst others around him absolutely collapsed.

Nolan looks like an excellent player- crossed well off both feet, showed for the ball when other players needed support, and was defensively not too bad despite the chaos everywhere else on the pitch.

Tommy Miller can actually pass the ball forwards unlike anyone else in our team, and needs to start in our inept midfield ASAP.

Negatives:

Everyone else... to a man they were spineless, didn't show an ounce of fight all game long.

Hinds played 10x worse than i'v ever seen him play before- if another team had defended as he did for their 5th goal, i would still be laughing now it was so bad. You can bet your arse that what happened today wouldn't have happened with Purse in the side.

Spurr was laughably bad.

Gray's career is done and dusted.

Did Soares or Potter even play?

Varney was back to his usual self...i don't think he held on to the ball for longer than 2 seconds all game long.

JoC- You've been very good recently and at least gave it your all today so less blame is attached to you, but you still played like a bag of poo .

We're not down and out yet- despite what happened today, but we need Purse back soon and we need Tudgay to start scoring a few goals to keep us up. Up front, we continue to perservere with Varney and Tudgay when they clearly can't play together- i don't give a flip what we do next game, but please please please at least try summat different rather than trying the same thing over and over again when it clearly doesn't work.

As i'v said, i think Wednesday fans have been surprised over the last couple of games exactly what JJ and Darren Purse mean to us.

Btw, on a lighter note, if you read this LS- it was me who pointed like an absolute muppet at you on the train in Reading for about 10 seconds :biggrin:

Agree with most of what you say however i actually thought Gray played quite well in the first half.

Potter and Tudgay are pathetic and should be ashamed of themselves!

Agree with most of what you say however i actually thought Gray played quite well in the first half.

Potter and Tudgay are pathetic and should be ashamed of themselves!

I'v been pretty supportive of Potter but he was terrible today. I don't recall a real chance being created by any of our midfielders in the last 3 games- that applies to Potter, Esajas, JoC, Soares, Gray and Tudgay and Varney when they have played there as well.... somebody has to start creating even half chances, otherwise we're screwed and we can all go home now.

I'm very interested in what Irvine does with the side next week now- if he believes that our fringe players aren't any better than what we saw today, then christ almighty Laws left us with some gems. :angry: