Absolute Disgrace

Things are certainly not better on the pitch. Where are they better off the pitch (I sit in the middle of the North Stand)?

read my post. I said that things are not better ON it.

I also said things are though, much better OFF it.

* Brand much, much better

* More links with community as a whole

* Childrens charity..... ultimately leading to best uptake on shirt sales in last 10 years

* Improved shop / online and offline

* Improved ticketing options..... available to print at home, select seats

* Better food

* Successful world cup bid / stadium improvement

* Lower season ticket prices than under DA IIRC

But, shall we just overlook all of the above.

Look, I am one of the biggest 'gobs' on this site and the furthest away from brown nosing as is imaginable, but when I am negative I always try back up what I say and substantiate it.

Saying things are not better off the pitch is untrue and it comes across as though you have not really thought about what you are saying. Anyone, even the most ardent cynic can see this.

you might go to s6 for some culinary pleasure but i want to see a winning team it wudnt bother me if they banned food,i can go 2 hrs without stuffing my fat face

You have to get things right off the pitch before investors come in!

Guest Deleted member

Just got back.

That was the worst Sheffield Wednesday performance I have ever seen in my life. An absolute abomination of football. In our recent past we've been down to within 3 points off relegation to League One. We've even lost more heavily than 5-0 away at Reading within the last 2 seasons.. but today.. Strafford can say what he wants about how the team have been playing, but if he thinks that was even remotely acceptable then he needs to climb down out of the clouds and join the rest of us in the stands.

The first half was an absolute disgrace. We went to a struggling side and spent the majority of the first half camped inside our own half, hopelessly punting it to nobody when we regained possession. There were times during that opening 45 minutes where we looked like a side clinging onto a 1-0 win in the final minutes of a match. If it wasn't for 3 potentially match saving last ditch challenges by Beevers and a smart save from Grant in a short space of time, we might have been a couple of goals down even before we actually were.

It was ridiculous anti-football with absolutely no forward drive or outlet. During that same period we were lucky if one of our players broke beyond the half way point.

The second half was marginally better in that we actually registered a shot on goal. A couple of them infact. Yes they were hit and hope efforts that fired well wide and were the only interruptions to watching them stroll around the rest of the time, but hey, a shot is a shot!

This group of players are an absolute insult to this football club. We have had players with less ability than this lot wear our shirt over the years, don't get me wrong, but in terms of work rate, effort, self pride, self respect, respect for the club or the fans, or a very basic likability, this group are the absolute pits. After that performance they'll probably go out tonight or over the next week and flash their cash at orange tarts in Crystal, knowing that they can just leave at the end of the season and it won't matter.

Never before has a more gutless, spineless, passionless or abhorrent set of cretinous w*nkers ever disgraced this clubs name or it's supporters like this one is this season. Like I said, in terms of ability this squad should be doing better. The fact that they aren't, and are going about not doing a job for this club in such a lazy and careless fashion for me makes them the most intolerable.

The players might have been dissapointed or frustrated with the boo's, w*nker gestures and middle fingers they got when they had the nerve to walk over and clap the fans today, but they deserved every bit of it.

As for the rest of it? We took another good following down to Reading today. Strafford might think the "get behind the club", "time to support us" line is working but, frankly he needs to wake up abit and realise what he HAS got ALREADY supporting this club, and start showing abit of appreciation for the fans who go away week in week out to watch this set of awfull people drag us all through the filth with performances like that.

The players don't deserve to take a wage after this past fortnight. Strafford should use that money to re-imberse the supporters who made the trip down to Reading today. Instead, the players will go out this week, get p!ssed and forget all about it.

I shouldn't have to. Lee spends plenty of time communicating with fans when it's to tell them that we're not doing enough, or that "this is our time" and it's "down to use" to fix the club.

I'm not anti-Strafford as such, and I think enough of him to hope and think that he'll have the b*llocks to face the fans after a non-performance like that, but there's only so much of having blame shifted onto you as a supporter, and then going to watch the players produce such a dire level of commitment like today, that people can take. People are losing patience, and Strafford has got to be carefull about how he communicates with and treats supporters, especially while the players are making an absolute mockery out of us and taking the absolute p*ss out of US and OUR fanbase.

I couldn't have put any of that better myself. Its a post I stopped myself writing on the way home from the game.

I wonder how many leaders will be available on a free in the summer?

The OP has made his point well, this is a squad that was developed to be our best in years and theyve been dog poo poo.

After watching that video of Newcastle hammering us 8nil someone posted, today felt pretty similar. That squad was probably even more dissapointing than this one. Although you can see the similarities, no leadership, no passion from too many of them, lightweight.

Off topic but flipping teachers are always free for the summer

Absolutley spot on. Top, top, post. Some other posters say 'we must still believe'. Delusional. They live in fantasy land.

The first thing to stop abuse is to recognise when it is happening. But then, the memories fade and you return. I have been going to Hillsborough for 45 years, but tonight is an all time low.

Had a text from the wife whilst walking back to the car (all her family are Blades) saying how sorry she was. It has come to this I thought, my own wife patronising me.

Came out of the ground at 4-0. Like watching your father get mugged with your hands tied behind your back - couldn't take anymore.

Saw 3 lads at the side of the dual carriageway trying to flag a taxi. Gave them a lift to the Station (first the pub though poor sods). I felt really sorry for them. Heard the 5th goal when walking back to the car. Now they know how I feel doing it the other way around.

When the bruises have healed, like all the other abused, I will return. But tonight, please don't keep telling me to believe.

UTO (as always)

If you have been going to Hillsborough for 45 years you have seen lower times than this. Its a terrible day for SWFC , but we are 3rd from bottom not bottom and we still have a decent chance of stopping up, We have a good chariman, a capable manager who is well respected in the game. Do the only thing that a supporter can do In whichever way you can get behind the club.

If you have been going to Hillsborough for 45 years you have seen lower times than this. Its a terrible day for SWFC , but we are 3rd from bottom not bottom and we still have a decent chance of stopping up, We have a good chariman, a capable manager who is well respected in the game. Do the only thing that a supporter can do In whichever way you can get behind the club.

Exactly.

Top Avatar by the way! Sheene was another hero of mine. I am sat in the kitchen now surrounded by Sheene prints.

Yes, you are right. I should know better. I have witnessed bad, badtimes in the past.

Unfortunately, I suffer from this mental illness called 'obsession and passion for Sheffield Wednesday'. It will soon be a recognised illness - keep reading the Lancet. Apparently, from time to time you suffer from delusions and then feel like you have been totally let down.

Yesterday was the big day for me. A winnable fixture against a poor side (and they are). But we failed it big style. And boy, how did we fail.

I have done my grieving for this season. Onwards and upwards for me. Roll on next year.

Will I get over yesterday? - Yes

Is there a cure for this mental illness ? - No

Will I still go? - Yes

Will my genuine love, ever end? - unfortunately (for my family) No

My grieving is over now for this year - they cannot hurt me anymore. You obviously have yours to come (when we are mathamatically relegated)? You will then have my sympathy.

As a lifelong Wednesday fan - you learn this form of self-help (protection).

As Barry says on my poster - 'Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing'. Possibly it should be up in the dressing room.

Keep the faith (as always) and UTO (and Barry Sheene).

Regards

I'll be going to the same games as i would have regardless of our league position, but as already mentioned in this thread, i cannot stand the way our sh!te players are stealing a wage.

I will sing for the club, and cheer a much needed goal, but the players can **** off and rot for me, **** em.

Just got back.

That was the worst Sheffield Wednesday performance I have ever seen in my life. An absolute abomination of football. In our recent past we've been down to within 3 points off relegation to League One. We've even lost more heavily than 5-0 away at Reading within the last 2 seasons.. but today.. Strafford can say what he wants about how the team have been playing, but if he thinks that was even remotely acceptable then he needs to climb down out of the clouds and join the rest of us in the stands.

The first half was an absolute disgrace. We went to a struggling side and spent the majority of the first half camped inside our own half, hopelessly punting it to nobody when we regained possession. There were times during that opening 45 minutes where we looked like a side clinging onto a 1-0 win in the final minutes of a match. If it wasn't for 3 potentially match saving last ditch challenges by Beevers and a smart save from Grant in a short space of time, we might have been a couple of goals down even before we actually were.

It was ridiculous anti-football with absolutely no forward drive or outlet. During that same period we were lucky if one of our players broke beyond the half way point.

The second half was marginally better in that we actually registered a shot on goal. A couple of them infact. Yes they were hit and hope efforts that fired well wide and were the only interruptions to watching them stroll around the rest of the time, but hey, a shot is a shot!

This group of players are an absolute insult to this football club. We have had players with less ability than this lot wear our shirt over the years, don't get me wrong, but in terms of work rate, effort, self pride, self respect, respect for the club or the fans, or a very basic likability, this group are the absolute pits. After that performance they'll probably go out tonight or over the next week and flash their cash at orange tarts in Crystal, knowing that they can just leave at the end of the season and it won't matter.

Never before has a more gutless, spineless, passionless or abhorrent set of cretinous w*nkers ever disgraced this clubs name or it's supporters like this one is this season. Like I said, in terms of ability this squad should be doing better. The fact that they aren't, and are going about not doing a job for this club in such a lazy and careless fashion for me makes them the most intolerable.

The players might have been dissapointed or frustrated with the boo's, w*nker gestures and middle fingers they got when they had the nerve to walk over and clap the fans today, but they deserved every bit of it.

As for the rest of it? We took another good following down to Reading today. Strafford might think the "get behind the club", "time to support us" line is working but, frankly he needs to wake up abit and realise what he HAS got ALREADY supporting this club, and start showing abit of appreciation for the fans who go away week in week out to watch this set of awfull people drag us all through the filth with performances like that.

The players don't deserve to take a wage after this past fortnight. Strafford should use that money to re-imberse the supporters who made the trip down to Reading today. Instead, the players will go out this week, get p!ssed and forget all about it.

Top post.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we signed some poor players in the summer. Midfield is a complete and utter joke. Said it before but in JOC, Potter, EE, JJ, McAllister, Miller and Gray we have a combination of midgets, lightweights and wide players who cant defend and struggle to cross a ball. They are an awful combination in a physical, aggressive league.

Why the management/club let this happen in the summer is beyond me.

I don't know whether it ever does any good but over the years, every so often after a gutless display, a manager would make the players go to a local factory or pit to see how hard ordinary people work for a pittance which they then spend on football. Think the last time was Megson.

Why do footballers only train for a couple of hours a day? It's just bizarre and upsets the fans who often work 40 + hours for a couple of hundred pounds a week, when they turn in performances like this. They should be there for at least 6 hours every day, training, learning about tactics, studying opposition, studying psychology, technique, nutrition, fitness etc etc. And every fortnight they sholud be MADE to visit ordinary fans and learn about how much expense, time and passion they put into Wednesday VOLUNTARILY.

I fear now for the atmosphere next Saturday.

Me and my mates watched the highlights in the Fox and Duck in Broomhill last night, and quite frankly we were embarassed.

Comical defending for the goals and we had to put up with Blades in the pub weeing themselves laughing at us.

This result is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE and we are sinking without a trace this season.

In other seasons where we were threatened with relegation at least we put up a fight. What really sickens me is that when we go a goal down you just KNOW that it's over and the players won't raise their game and get back into it.

Top Avatar by the way! Sheene was another hero of mine. I am sat in the kitchen now surrounded by Sheene prints.

Yes, you are right. I should know better. I have witnessed bad, badtimes in the past.

Unfortunately, I suffer from this mental illness called 'obsession and passion for Sheffield Wednesday'. It will soon be a recognised illness - keep reading the Lancet. Apparently, from time to time you suffer from delusions and then feel like you have been totally let down.

Yesterday was the big day for me. A winnable fixture against a poor side (and they are). But we failed it big style. And boy, how did we fail.

I have done my grieving for this season. Onwards and upwards for me. Roll on next year.

Will I get over yesterday? - Yes

Is there a cure for this mental illness ? - No

Will I still go? - Yes

Will my genuine love, ever end? - unfortunately (for my family) No

My grieving is over now for this year - they cannot hurt me anymore. You obviously have yours to come (when we are mathamatically relegated)? You will then have my sympathy.

As a lifelong Wednesday fan - you learn this form of self-help (protection).

As Barry says on my poster - 'Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing'. Possibly it should be up in the dressing room.

Keep the faith (as always) and UTO (and Barry Sheene).

Regards

Top post, agree with everything you said.

The worst part is that I know I'll be there for the Leicester game, and I've got a ticket for West Brom away.

But the way we are being rewarded for our support by the players is unforgivable.

Guest bamboogieworld

i dont buy all this off the pitch nonsense,its flippinggonads if u ask me,we are hurtling towards league 1 and thats all that matters to me

fully agree with you whats the use in all the crap witch has supposed to have been done off the pitch . we are a FOOTBALL club lee needs to change his specs and wake up.

read my post. I said that things are not better ON it.

I also said things are though, much better OFF it.

* Brand much, much better

* More links with community as a whole

* Childrens charity..... ultimately leading to best uptake on shirt sales in last 10 years

* Improved shop / online and offline

* Improved ticketing options..... available to print at home, select seats

* Better food

* Successful world cup bid / stadium improvement

* Lower season ticket prices than under DA IIRC

But, shall we just overlook all of the above.

Look, I am one of the biggest 'gobs' on this site and the furthest away from brown nosing as is imaginable, but when I am negative I always try back up what I say and substantiate it.

Saying things are not better off the pitch is untrue and it comes across as though you have not really thought about what you are saying. Anyone, even the most ardent cynic can see this.

The only thing in your list that is important and real at the moment is the Children's Hospital deal which I doubted and now agree was inspired. I don't see the others as anything other than peripheral to the experience, some would argue that the changes listed are not real improvements. The new stadium is actually not needed at the moment - we can't fill the current 39,800 seats, and could bankrupt us. We won't get the World Cup if we are in Division 1 anyway.

It's a bit like Gordon Brown telling us how well he has managed the last 2 years, how important his takeover of the banks has been and how we are really so much better off than we could have been - believe it?

When I go to Hillsborough to the North Stand, as I have since it was built, the experience is effectively unchanged from many, many previous seasons. There are many improvements I consider more important off-pitch which have not been tackled.

But the only reason the club actually exists is for what happens on pitch.

Actually, I don't think we have. I have been going for 55 years. The really bad times were the early and mid 70s, when we nearly went down to Division 4, and the late 90s and early 00s which most posters on here will remember. In the 70s we had some poor players and even worse managers and were as skint as we are now. BUT, I don't remember seeing a team with players who do have skills and potential, playing so badly, so often and looking as though they don't care - when we are all so desperately shouting them on because we care so much.

I thought it was because of Brian Laws, and what clearly happened between him, Darren Purse and Richard Wood but now I am not so sure as the same disease is with us with the new manager. Something desperate has happened to the squad of players who ended last season and who looked as though with some strengthening could be really impressive this season.

As I have pointed out in another thread, if we get relegated, it will be the first time the club has ever been in the 3rd tier, got promoted back to the second and been relegated again - does it get much worse?

Don't fully support this

If at my school, we have a government inspection from OFSTED and we fail it, who do you think the buck stops with ?

Who are the ones who lose their jobs ?

Us the teachers ? Or the management and executive staff who drive changes, give us our instructions and lead us in our jobs ?

I will tell you..... it aint the teachers

It is the teachers. Nobody ever takes the blame, always somebody else`s fault. You`re the one`s who teach the kids. If they don`t learn owt, it`s your fault, for being a lousy teacher. End of.

With performances like that no one can expect to chuck £400 + on a season ticket at this stage

i know where my moneys staying

in my pocket.

i know its not guna help the club in any way but for money i havent got to go on performances like that in a possible lower league says it all for me

UTO

It is the teachers. Nobody ever takes the blame, always somebody else`s fault. You`re the one`s who teach the kids. If they don`t learn owt, it`s your fault, for being a lousy teacher. End of.

...actually, getting kids to learn should be done by everyone concerned, and that includes parents being supportive of schools and teachers. The poo teachers really do get sorted out pretty quickly these days. Attitudes of parents however are far more entrenched and difficult to change particularly those who think they know they are right....oh, and off topic...

Edited by Freshfish