Absolute Disgrace

never said it did

No, but you and I both know what you were getting at !

FWIW I don't see how you can blame LS for signings, and no i'm not a LS lover, but surely the process is :-

Manager, Lee we could do with X player.

LS, Can he do a job for us ? (can't believe i've just wrote that) :laugh:

Manager, Yes

LS, OK We'll sort the funds.

Manager, Thanks.

I did'nt realise you had to be a FIFA qualified manager to become a chairman. !

Silly me.

No, but you and I both know what you were getting at !

FWIW I don't see how you can blame LS for signings, and no i'm not a LS lover, but surely the process is :-

Manager, Lee we could do with X player.

LS, Can he do a job for us ? (can't believe i've just wrote that) :laugh:

Manager, Yes

LS, OK We'll sort the funds.

Manager, Thanks.

I did'nt realise you had to be a FIFA qualified manager to become a chairman. !

Silly me.

Maybe he just overspent OFF the field and FAILED to have any funds in place for this very scenario thus he is responsible for the football on the pitch.

Just got back.

That was the worst Sheffield Wednesday performance I have ever seen in my life. An absolute abomination of football. In our recent past we've been down to within 3 points off relegation to League One. We've even lost more heavily than 5-0 away at Reading within the last 2 seasons.. but today.. Strafford can say what he wants about how the team have been playing, but if he thinks that was even remotely acceptable then he needs to climb down out of the clouds and join the rest of us in the stands.

The first half was an absolute disgrace. We went to a struggling side and spent the majority of the first half camped inside our own half, hopelessly punting it to nobody when we regained possession. There were times during that opening 45 minutes where we looked like a side clinging onto a 1-0 win in the final minutes of a match. If it wasn't for 3 potentially match saving last ditch challenges by Beevers and a smart save from Grant in a short space of time, we might have been a couple of goals down even before we actually were.

It was ridiculous anti-football with absolutely no forward drive or outlet. During that same period we were lucky if one of our players broke beyond the half way point.

The second half was marginally better in that we actually registered a shot on goal. A couple of them infact. Yes they were hit and hope efforts that fired well wide and were the only interruptions to watching them stroll around the rest of the time, but hey, a shot is a shot!

This group of players are an absolute insult to this football club. We have had players with less ability than this lot wear our shirt over the years, don't get me wrong, but in terms of work rate, effort, self pride, self respect, respect for the club or the fans, or a very basic likability, this group are the absolute pits. After that performance they'll probably go out tonight or over the next week and flash their cash at orange tarts in Crystal, knowing that they can just leave at the end of the season and it won't matter.

Never before has a more gutless, spineless, passionless or abhorrent set of cretinous w*nkers ever disgraced this clubs name or it's supporters like this one is this season. Like I said, in terms of ability this squad should be doing better. The fact that they aren't, and are going about not doing a job for this club in such a lazy and careless fashion for me makes them the most intolerable.

The players might have been dissapointed or frustrated with the boo's, w*nker gestures and middle fingers they got when they had the nerve to walk over and clap the fans today, but they deserved every bit of it.

As for the rest of it? We took another good following down to Reading today. Strafford might think the "get behind the club", "time to support us" line is working but, frankly he needs to wake up abit and realise what he HAS got ALREADY supporting this club, and start showing abit of appreciation for the fans who go away week in week out to watch this set of awfull people drag us all through the filth with performances like that.

The players don't deserve to take a wage after this past fortnight. Strafford should use that money to re-imberse the supporters who made the trip down to Reading today. Instead, the players will go out this week, get p!ssed and forget all about it.

Absolutley spot on. Top, top, post. Some other posters say 'we must still believe'. Delusional. They live in fantasy land.

The first thing to stop abuse is to recognise when it is happening. But then, the memories fade and you return. I have been going to Hillsborough for 45 years, but tonight is an all time low.

Had a text from the wife whilst walking back to the car (all her family are Blades) saying how sorry she was. It has come to this I thought, my own wife patronising me.

Came out of the ground at 4-0. Like watching your father get mugged with your hands tied behind your back - couldn't take anymore.

Saw 3 lads at the side of the dual carriageway trying to flag a taxi. Gave them a lift to the Station (first the pub though poor sods). I felt really sorry for them. Heard the 5th goal when walking back to the car. Now they know how I feel doing it the other way around.

When the bruises have healed, like all the other abused, I will return. But tonight, please don't keep telling me to believe.

UTO (as always)

not sure fella but given the prudent way we are being run surely money being held back for this sceanrio we find ourselves in would have been a good move

Absolutely agree Bob, but I just can't see how the blame lies at LS's door.

Surely with him being a non exective chairman (is this the case as he does'nt have a financial interest, not sure) the overall decision would lay with the rest of the board ?

I'd just like to clarify at this point - because something seems to have been lost in translation - that this post is not about digging at Strafford.

Like I've said, I think Lee needs to be careful with the way he conducts himself at a time when things are already strained, but I'm not questioning the job Lee is doing here.

The players have got to start taking some responsibility and they are at fault, which is very much the point of my post.

I'd just like to clarify at this point - because something seems to have been lost in translation - that this post is not about digging at Strafford.

Like I've said, I think Lee needs to be careful with the way he conducts himself at a time when things are already strained, but I'm not questioning the job Lee is doing here.

The players have got to start taking some responsibility and they are at fault, which is very much the point of my post.

Your post was well articulated mate, it's just that some people on here love taking shots at LS regardless of context.

I've not been today, thank god, but top marks to the lads that went.

I thought the Ipswich match last week was the worst we'd played for 5 years. I hate using the word cancer, but there is a cancer running right through the heart of this football club, and despite the efforts of LS et al, we just can't seem to clear it.

I've watched this club home and away, 71 league grounds, for 30 years, and although it may appear drama queen like, I just can't be arsed anymore. I can't think of any other club that has been as poo poo and skint as us for so long. I'm punch drunk on shitness.

Guest wednesday83

For the first 42 mins it was a pretty even game, nothing between the 2 teams apart from the ref. Then they got the deflected goal and every single player just stopped. They could not give a damn. Not one of those players gave a throw today. No effort, no commitment, no passion, no desire and totally heartless. My heart was truly ripped out today.

We had to travel home in a car, whilst the players all get a nice luxuary coach with leather seats and sky tv. Its pathetic. £24.50 ticket, £50 Petrol, £3 prgramme, £6 food and drink - adds up.

I can take loosing, but when theres not a single player trying, it stinks.

I wonder how many leaders will be available on a free in the summer?

The OP has made his point well, this is a squad that was developed to be our best in years and theyve been dog poo poo.

After watching that video of Newcastle hammering us 8nil someone posted, today felt pretty similar. That squad was probably even more dissapointing than this one. Although you can see the similarities, no leadership, no passion from too many of them, lightweight.

Edited by Bluesteel

I've been today and I'm sat watching MoTD feeling crap about it all having seen the table in the Green Un. We look fvcked now and can only hope Palace lose Warnock and steadily become worse than us. I fear 3 more defeats in the next 3 games and no goals. Our strike force is woefully inadequate and so is the midfield. Potter and JOC get out battled week in week out and the wide men fail to provide width or cover for the full backs. We lump it too much and don't move the ball fast enough to eac other. You can't blame LS or AI for this. They are trying their best and have my full support. Brian Laws bought some reight poo and they can all flip off in the summer. The players need to apologise for today and get stuck in to Leicester on Saturday. Give the young lads like Boden Modest and Palmer a chance and get Potter Tudgay Gray Soares and Clarke out. And FFS burn that yellow kit!!!!

Don't fully support this

If at my school, we have a government inspection from OFSTED and we fail it, who do you think the buck stops with ?

Who are the ones who lose their jobs ?

Us the teachers ? Or the management and executive staff who drive changes, give us our instructions and lead us in our jobs ?

I will tell you..... it aint the teachers

Luckily for you, it doesn't stop with the caretaker

Well since you've been here as a poster for 7 days :rolleyes: Im sure there will be others along soon to beat mine

I wouldn't bet on it

Just got back.

That was the worst Sheffield Wednesday performance I have ever seen in my life. An absolute abomination of football. In our recent past we've been down to within 3 points off relegation to League One. We've even lost more heavily than 5-0 away at Reading within the last 2 seasons.. but today.. Strafford can say what he wants about how the team have been playing, but if he thinks that was even remotely acceptable then he needs to climb down out of the clouds and join the rest of us in the stands.

The first half was an absolute disgrace. We went to a struggling side and spent the majority of the first half camped inside our own half, hopelessly punting it to nobody when we regained possession. There were times during that opening 45 minutes where we looked like a side clinging onto a 1-0 win in the final minutes of a match. If it wasn't for 3 potentially match saving last ditch challenges by Beevers and a smart save from Grant in a short space of time, we might have been a couple of goals down even before we actually were.

It was ridiculous anti-football with absolutely no forward drive or outlet. During that same period we were lucky if one of our players broke beyond the half way point.

The second half was marginally better in that we actually registered a shot on goal. A couple of them infact. Yes they were hit and hope efforts that fired well wide and were the only interruptions to watching them stroll around the rest of the time, but hey, a shot is a shot!

This group of players are an absolute insult to this football club. We have had players with less ability than this lot wear our shirt over the years, don't get me wrong, but in terms of work rate, effort, self pride, self respect, respect for the club or the fans, or a very basic likability, this group are the absolute pits. After that performance they'll probably go out tonight or over the next week and flash their cash at orange tarts in Crystal, knowing that they can just leave at the end of the season and it won't matter.

Never before has a more gutless, spineless, passionless or abhorrent set of cretinous w*nkers ever disgraced this clubs name or it's supporters like this one is this season. Like I said, in terms of ability this squad should be doing better. The fact that they aren't, and are going about not doing a job for this club in such a lazy and careless fashion for me makes them the most intolerable.

The players might have been dissapointed or frustrated with the boo's, w*nker gestures and middle fingers they got when they had the nerve to walk over and clap the fans today, but they deserved every bit of it.

As for the rest of it? We took another good following down to Reading today. Strafford might think the "get behind the club", "time to support us" line is working but, frankly he needs to wake up abit and realise what he HAS got ALREADY supporting this club, and start showing abit of appreciation for the fans who go away week in week out to watch this set of awfull people drag us all through the filth with performances like that.

The players don't deserve to take a wage after this past fortnight. Strafford should use that money to re-imberse the supporters who made the trip down to Reading today. Instead, the players will go out this week, get p!ssed and forget all about it.

Thanks Dave, seems sadly accurate. Now is the time for all supporters to buy season tickets. Lets get behind the lads.

(Anyone want to use my 2010/2011 season ticket because I used to go to the match to forget the worries of the world, now it may make me a manic depressive.)

I completely agree. LS has done a fantastic job, but his occasional pleas, (my only complaint about Strafford btw) just feed fuel to people who think LS should dip into his pocket (his personal fortune that he's built up over several years) into something which won't return it back (AKA most football clubs, especially ones £20m+ in debt).

I completely agree. LS has done a fantastic job, but his occasional pleas, (my only complaint about Strafford btw) just feed fuel to people who think LS should dip into his pocket (his personal fortune that he's built up over several years) into something which won't return it back (AKA most football clubs, especially ones £20m+ in debt).

Sorry, I will 'come out' here. What is the 'fantastic job' that has been done?

I have supported irrespective of the Chairman - Andrew Stephen through to Dave Allen - it's not why I support the club. I have nothing against Lee, I support him and would help if invited. But what is the "fantastic job" - what is actually different????

Sorry, I will 'come out' here. What is the 'fantastic job' that has been done?

I have supported irrespective of the Chairman - Andrew Stephen through to Dave Allen - it's not why I support the club. I have nothing against Lee, I support him and would help if invited. But what is the "fantastic job" - what is actually different????

that is very harsh

Things are much, much better now off the pitch

He has done a hell of a lot to the "club"

The only bone of contention is on the pitch. This is where I disagree with Lee, when he says the squad now is way better than before. It simply is not.

that is very harsh

Things are much, much better now off the pitch

He has done a hell of a lot to the "club"

The only bone of contention is on the pitch. This is where I disagree with Lee, when he says the squad now is way better than before. It simply is not.

Things are certainly not better on the pitch. Where are they better off the pitch (I sit in the middle of the North Stand)?

Things are certainly not better on the pitch. Where are they better off the pitch (I sit in the middle of the North Stand)?

The pies are fantastic, have we got our wednesday back?