Absolute Disgrace

We blame the managers, we blame the chairman who works for free, we even blame each other.

At the end of the day, it's that shower of sh!te in blue and white who are to blame.

Don't fully support this

If at my school, we have a government inspection from OFSTED and we fail it, who do you think the buck stops with ?

Who are the ones who lose their jobs ?

Us the teachers ? Or the management and executive staff who drive changes, give us our instructions and lead us in our jobs ?

I will tell you..... it aint the teachers

Don't fully support this

If at my school, we have a government inspection from OFSTED and we fail it, who do you think the buck stops with ?

Us the teachers ? Or the management and executive staff who drive changes, give us our instructions and lead us in our jobs ?

Yeah but we've had changes of chairman and management, it's now time for players to take responsibility.

Yeah but we've had changes of chairman and management, it's now time for players to take responsibility.

Yep.

Alan Irvine is a football man, a well respected coach and, I think, will become a good manager.

Lee Strafford is doing his best for this football club in testing times, and although his choice of words when trying to rally Wednesday fans is a little suspect, I've supported him during his tenure here and recognise that right now, his hands are tied just about as much as anybody elses.

The players? I've said my piece.

Was there today and completely agree, was shambolic beyond belief. The only player to come out with any shred of credit is McAllister. Would be nice to get an apology from the players, or a statement from them, because a lot of Wednesday fans gave up a lot of time and effort to go support them today, and they gave us nothing.

I got shot down earlier in the week for saying it, but in our situation with the 'pros' not giving a **** about us, get McAllister, Palmer, Boden, Olivier, Modest in the team or start bringing them on. They CANNOT do any worse than that lot today, and their youthful enthusiasm will at least but a hustle back into our play if nothing else.

Hate to say it, but can't see a way out of this with the current lot. Youth is maybe the last throw of the dice before relegation.

Don't fully support this

LS can only do so much - like a good chairman he stays out of the playing side of things and trusts his football staff - he realises he isn't necessarily too understanding of the football side of the business so he takes counsel from somebody who is steeped in the game

He is trying to promote an environment where the football staff can be successful - he can't do any more than that

He cannot take responsibility for the players

LS can only do so much - like a good chairman he stays out of the playing side of things and trusts his football staff - he realises he isn't necessarily too understanding of the football side of the business so he takes counsel from somebody who is steeped in the game

He is trying to promote an environment where the football staff can be successful - he can't do any more than that

He cannot take responsibility for the players

How ludicrous, how can a chairman of a FOOTBALL club be responsible for FOOTBALL on the pitch. :rolleyes:

How ludicrous, how can a chairman of a FOOTBALL club be responsible for FOOTBALL on the pitch. :rolleyes:

So what then?

He goes out and scouts players and signs the ones he likes? He coaches them and organises tactics?

Or leave it to the people who are supposed to be the "experts" at that?

To be honest WE the fans have been pretty good till tonight with the total and utter dross that we have had to put up with agian this season like the majority for the last 10 years but this post echos the throughts off a lot of Owls tonight.Plain and simple the fans have had enough off the spineless individuals who step out in the famous blue and white stripes week in week out they are a complete and utter disgrace.The key thing is the lack off pride like others have said this is'nt the worst team we have had in recent years but in my opinion some off the squad are highly overated, but the lack off proffesional pride they seem to have.We have been battered away from home on numerous occasions this season by very average sides but still don't seem to have the bo##ocks to roll our sleeves up and go out and put in a half decent performance.

Spot on.

This is the thing, we've been battered by embarrassing score lines plenty of times in my history of following wednesday, and we've had worse performances from players with less ability. But it's the fact that the players just seem to feel sorry for themselves as soon as they go a goal down just give up. I can only think of Plymouth at home when we came from behind to win this season, and if we hadn't have scored straight after theirs we probably would have lost that one too.

The fact that Akpo Sodje on RS today just kept banging on about how sorry he feels for the players after a 5-0 defeat speaks volumes of what the players reckon to getting hammered by a team, before the day, one place above us.