Absolute Disgrace

Just got back.

That was the worst Sheffield Wednesday performance I have ever seen in my life. An absolute abomination of football. In our recent past we've been down to within 3 points off relegation to League One. We've even lost more heavily than 5-0 away at Reading within the last 2 seasons.. but today.. Strafford can say what he wants about how the team have been playing, but if he thinks that was even remotely acceptable then he needs to climb down out of the clouds and join the rest of us in the stands.

The first half was an absolute disgrace. We went to a struggling side and spent the majority of the first half camped inside our own half, hopelessly punting it to nobody when we regained possession. There were times during that opening 45 minutes where we looked like a side clinging onto a 1-0 win in the final minutes of a match. If it wasn't for 3 potentially match saving last ditch challenges by Beevers and a smart save from Grant in a short space of time, we might have been a couple of goals down even before we actually were.

It was ridiculous anti-football with absolutely no forward drive or outlet. During that same period we were lucky if one of our players broke beyond the half way point.

The second half was marginally better in that we actually registered a shot on goal. A couple of them infact. Yes they were hit and hope efforts that fired well wide and were the only interruptions to watching them stroll around the rest of the time, but hey, a shot is a shot!

This group of players are an absolute insult to this football club. We have had players with less ability than this lot wear our shirt over the years, don't get me wrong, but in terms of work rate, effort, self pride, self respect, respect for the club or the fans, or a very basic likability, this group are the absolute pits. After that performance they'll probably go out tonight or over the next week and flash their cash at orange tarts in Crystal, knowing that they can just leave at the end of the season and it won't matter.

Never before has a more gutless, spineless, passionless or abhorrent set of cretinous w*nkers ever disgraced this clubs name or it's supporters like this one is this season. Like I said, in terms of ability this squad should be doing better. The fact that they aren't, and are going about not doing a job for this club in such a lazy and careless fashion for me makes them the most intolerable.

The players might have been dissapointed or frustrated with the boo's, w*nker gestures and middle fingers they got when they had the nerve to walk over and clap the fans today, but they deserved every bit of it.

As for the rest of it? We took another good following down to Reading today. Strafford might think the "get behind the club", "time to support us" line is working but, frankly he needs to wake up abit and realise what he HAS got ALREADY supporting this club, and start showing abit of appreciation for the fans who go away week in week out to watch this set of awfull people drag us all through the filth with performances like that.

The players don't deserve to take a wage after this past fortnight. Strafford should use that money to re-imberse the supporters who made the trip down to Reading today. Instead, the players will go out this week, get p!ssed and forget all about it.

Edited by sheffield_dave

You should send this to Strafford or the club. Something as spot on as this needs to be clear in the players mind.

Its unbelieveable the lack of effort and quality.

I feel for you dude and its unfortunate you had to see that shower of poo . Sorry dude. Chin up.

Just got back.

That was the worst Sheffield Wednesday performance I have ever seen in my life. An absolute abomination of football. In our recent past we've been down to within 3 points off relegation to League One. We've even lost more heavily than 5-0 away at Reading within the last 2 seasons.. but today.. Strafford can say what he wants about how the team have been playing, but if he thinks that was even remotely acceptable then he needs to climb down out of the clouds and join the rest of us in the stands.

The first half was an absolute disgrace. We went to a struggling side and spent the majority of the first half camped inside our own half, hopelessly punting it to nobody when we regained possession. There were times during that opening 45 minutes where we looked like a side clinging onto a 1-0 win in the final minutes of a match. If it wasn't for 3 potentially match saving last ditch challenges by Beevers and a smart save from Grant in a short space of time, we might have been a couple of goals down even before we actually were.

It was ridiculous anti-football with absolutely no forward drive or outlet. During that same period we were lucky if one of our players broke beyond the half way point.

The second half was marginally better in that we actually registered a shot on goal. A couple of them infact. Yes they were hit and hope efforts that fired well wide and were the only interruptions to watching them stroll around the rest of the time, but hey, a shot is a shot!

This group of players are an absolute insult to this football club. We have had players with less ability than this lot wear our shirt over the years, don't get me wrong, but in terms of work rate, effort, self pride, self respect, respect for the club or the fans, or a very basic likability, this group are the absolute pits. After that performance they'll probably go out tonight or over the next week and flash their cash at orange tarts in Crystal, knowing that they can just leave at the end of the season and it won't matter.

Never before has a more gutless, spineless, passionless or abhorrent set of cretinous w*nkers ever disgraced this clubs name or it's supporters like this one is this season. Like I said, in terms of ability this squad should be doing better. The fact that they aren't, and are going about not doing a job for this club in such a lazy and careless fashion for me makes them the most intolerable.

The players might have been dissapointed or frustrated with the boo's, w*nker gestures and middle fingers they got when they had the nerve to walk over and clap the fans today, but they deserved every bit of it.

As for the rest of it? We took another good following down to Reading today. Strafford might think the "get behind the club", "time to support us" line is working but, frankly he needs to wake up abit and realise what he HAS got ALREADY supporting this club, and start showing abit of appreciation for the fans who go away week in week out to watch this set of awfull people drag us all through the filth with performances like that.

The players don't deserve to take a wage after this past fortnight. Strafford should use that money to re-imberse the supporters who made the trip down to Reading today. Instead, the players will go out this week, get p!ssed and forget all about it.

thank you for going to great effort and expense to attend today...and more so thanks for the honest report on our performance...

You should send this to Strafford or the club.

I shouldn't have to. Lee spends plenty of time communicating with fans when it's to tell them that we're not doing enough, or that "this is our time" and it's "down to use" to fix the club.

I'm not anti-Strafford as such, and I think enough of him to hope and think that he'll have the b*llocks to face the fans after a non-performance like that, but there's only so much of having blame shifted onto you as a supporter, and then going to watch the players produce such a dire level of commitment like today, that people can take. People are losing patience, and Strafford has got to be carefull about how he communicates with and treats supporters, especially while the players are making an absolute mockery out of us and taking the absolute p*ss out of US and OUR fanbase.

I shouldn't have to. Lee spends plenty of time communicating with fans when it's to tell them that we're not doing enough, or that "this is our time" and it's "down to use" to fix the club.

I'm not anti-Strafford as such, and I think enough of him to hope and think that he'll have the b*llocks to face the fans after a non-performance like that, but there's only so much of having blame shifted onto you as a supporter, and then going to watch the players produce such a dire level of commitment like today, that people can take. People are losing patience, and Strafford has got to be carefull about how he communicates with and treats supporters, especially while the players are making an absolute mockery out of us and taking the absolute p*ss out of US and OUR fanbase.

Brilliantly put

Stole my thunder exactly (although your way of saying it is a lot more reserved and eloquent than what mine would have been !!)

Just got back.

Completely agree, if only Lee could introduce a players wage based on performances from now till the end of the season we might get some effort. It annoys me that myself and other wednesday fans pay for our ticket and travel expenses to watch players who dont give a flying f**k,

We blame the managers, we blame the chairman who works for free, we even blame each other.

At the end of the day, it's that shower of sh!te in blue and white who are to blame. The fact that we finished 12th last year with pretty much the same team and have shown in very small flashes this season that they have got it in their locker not to roll over proves what a set of to$$ers they are.

Will they really give a sh!t tonight when they're driving home in their X5's to a luxury life style paid for by me and the other Wednesday fan mugs? I doubt it.

I'd rather most of the 1st team go on the transfer list and accept 3rd division mediocrity with young players who at least give a sh!t.

Just got back.

Thanks, that's going to help the club a lot

I went today, we were dire and it did look as if some of the players simply weren't bothered. Often when thing aren't going for you, it can look as if you don't care. The players probably do care, the manager and the chairman care but the players we have assembled are not good enough, believe me we are not in a false position here.

Saw them lose 6-0 last year and 5-0 this, it's the same shower. A proper team would have gone down fighting but we're so shockingly lightweight.

Please let's give LS all our support and AI too. Hopefully AI has learnt all he needs to about our players over the past 3 games, but what changes he can make this season I don't know. Not looking good. If anyone can tell me why Esiajas didn't get a run... Otherwise, I agree let's give the youngsters a chance. My neice is a real athlete.

Whatever happens, let's stick to the core of this, we're Wednesday fans and we'll support them through thick and thin. Time for a drink.

You're probably right, PGMetcalf, even if the way you put it across is just as f*ckwitted, patronising and messed up as your usual standards.

But you know what? My posts above might mean jack all to anybody at the club, and they might help nobody, but they're certainly no more or less a help to Sheffield Wednesday Football Club or this clubs supporters as that gutless lot out there today.

You're probably right, PGMetcalf, even if the way you put it across is just as f*ckwitted, patronising and messed up as your usual standards.

But you know what? My posts above might mean jack all to anybody at the club, and they might help nobody, but they're certainly no more or less a help to Sheffield Wednesday Football Club or this clubs supporters as that gutless lot out there today.

Mummy mummy mummy. Just deal with it.

Dont worry dude. He's a prize leg end.