Current Squad

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

If they was ALL out of contact at the end of the season how many of them could possibilly stay in the Championship or is it just a case finishing out there rest of their football career in the lower leagues?

If it's the latter then surely that's enough to up your work rate/effort and try to earn that 'new contact' or a move to a club that is either in the same league or higher surely?

Guest Sheff Owl

Can see what your saying but at this moment i think a lot of them would be in for a massive shock.

Edited by Sheff Owl

Guest edforceowl

If i had it my way they'd all be playing in blue square premier cos' that's all they're flipping worth!

Edited by edforceowl

why keep him?................. :blink:

I wouldn't keep him. He literally stopped trying towards the end of BL's reign and only even remotely put in a shift when the Sky cameras were on us. That's not acceptable to me.

The question wasn't about who we'd keep though, it was who has a chance of Championship football in their future.

Guest Sheff Owl

Lee Grant

Tommy Spurr

Lewis Buxton

Darren Purse

Richard Hinds

Tommy Miller

Marcus Tudgay

Sean McAllister

Francis Jeffers

Etienne Esajas

Rocky Lekaj

Darren Potter

Mark Beevers

James O'Connor

Leon Clarke

Frank Simek

Richard O'Donnell

Jermaine Johnson

Luke Boden

Michael Gray

Luke Varney (loan)

Tom Soares (loan)

Eddie Nolan (loan)

It's unbelivable to think that possibilly only 4 maybe of that squad could possibilly could carry on in the Championship if they was all to leave the Football club.

Then again you could say if they was good enough to carry on in the Championship then why are they not showing it...

Do they want out?

Have they belived in there own hype?

If we go down our better players will be off and out of the remaining ones we will need to assess those best suited to the third division. Players we consider not good enough for this division now will probably be just the type of players we need in the third.

Guest Sheff Owl

The interesting thing is some of these player's are just plainly poo poo and some are ok but some have been here for a a couple of years now and yet they are either going backward's or just don't look bothered and we have been seeing the same poo poo for most of that time, so is it just not worth cutting our losses and saying to them all, thanks but your available for transfer, we can't carry on like this no matter what league we are in next season.

If we go down our better players will be off and out of the remaining ones we will need to assess those best suited to the third division. Players we consider not good enough for this division now will probably be just the type of players we need in the third.

Fully agree, but the ones out of contract, would they accept a one year deal if the plan was to get straight back up (which I would hope would be the case).

Knowing they would be dumped if promotion was gained ?.