Speculate to Accumulate

We should have done this when we had the chance to appoint a new Manager, we had the chance to show a bit of ambition when getting a new boss with a new young ambitious Chairman to go alongside him but instead we simply shuffled deckchairs on the Titanic :rolleyes:

I dont care what it would have costed, long term it would have worked, we've blown it now.

Guest FatherTime

You cant blame AI for this mess, whats he supposed to do, players that dont want to play, simply dont want to play, it doesnt matter who is in charge, when that whistle blows they are out there on their own.

You cant blame AI for this mess, whats he supposed to do, players that dont want to play, simply dont want to play, it doesnt matter who is in charge, when that whistle blows they are out there on their own.

I dont blame Irvine, i blame Laws for leaving a crap squad, but Irvine isnt gonna get us out of this mess is he?

If we were gonna sack Laws (correct decision) it had to be an improvement. What was the point if it made us no better (arguably worse!!)

Edited by mark77

Whats changed?????? Are we a better side now Laws has gone??? (I didnt like Laws btw)

Many times in the past I have quoted 'speculate to accumulate' as typical of short-term, 'not my responsibility if it goes wrong' sloganeering from football fans looking for a quick soundbite in place of real wisdom. How do you think we got £25m in debt in the first place?

You obviousley can as they performed brilliantly for him at the start of his reign at S6

Many times in the past I have quoted 'speculate to accumulate' as typical of short-term, 'not my responsibility if it goes wrong' sloganeering from football fans looking for a quick soundbite in place of real wisdom. How do you think we got £25m in debt in the first place?

Im not talking about putting the clubs future at risk with silly money. But certain managers would have attracted money and players with them.

You obviousley can as they performed brilliantly for him at the start of his reign at S6

I think we can put that down to the usual honeymoon period of a new boss. Three defeats, no goals, its just like Novemeber/December all over.

One day this club will learn!!

AMBITION, show some

do you think so?

we got a couple of victories but the performances were nothing to shout about. the plymouth victory has to be one of the worst games i have seen in 36 years of watching wednesday

I think we can put that down to the usual honeymoon period of a new boss. Three defeats, no goals, its just like Novemeber/December all over.

AMBITION, show some

My point was that they have showed they have it inside them, and everyone who fail to make them play like that every week should hold bit of responsibility.

AMBITION, show some

It is alright being ambitious but a club like us needs to be sensible too.

We have no income from investors or current directors and our only recent financial positive is the restructuring of debt.

Guest totemowl

AMBITION, show some

With Keegan? You are joking.

We should have done this when we had the chance to appoint a new Manager, we had the chance to show a bit of ambition when getting a new boss with a new young ambitious Chairman to go alongside him but instead we simply shuffled deckchairs on the Titanic :rolleyes:

I dont care what it would have costed, long term it would have worked, we've blown it now.

Just so I understand, you know this money/ambition you talk about.........

....where the flip would it come from?

May be the bank would lend us a couple of extra million or do you think it grows on trees?