Just got back

Ok so live Surrey so just down the road for me.

Left ground 20 mins before the end (have not done that before)

If any one had said to me after 40 mins of the game that we would loose by 5 i would not have believed it

By half time i would have said yes we are in for a hiding

No real positives for me today, can not see us staying up with performances like that.

Guest tazz070299

Just got home myself.

Wednesday were dire. Nobody seemed to want the ball,except to pass across the pitch and then to a Reading player. The only player who can take any credit was Beevers. Had performed as badly as the rest, Reading would have scored twice as many.

Far too often Wednesday lost possession easily and whilst the first goal was a bit unlucky with the deflection, the preformance thereafter went from mediocre to wee wee poor. One thing I do know, Irvine can't claim after today's match that he can't fault the lads for effort! There just wasn't any.

Tazz

Edited by tazz070299

Not looking forward to Monday. I work with far too many Reading Fans (and in sight of the Mad Stad too).

Well what can I say? The first goal, with its cruel deflection, certainly turned the game. Prior to it we just looked bad, with Reading only looking marginally the better side. After it we just simply looked frail, clueless, and not particularly bothered.

I can't really lay the blame at any particular individual, it was collective rubbish! Sure there was a couple of good tackles, a nice one from Beevers, and a good stop from Grant. We passed the ball around - well we strung together four or five passes, usually going nowhere and then gave the ball away. We couldn't find the target, and the long punt up field seemed to be our play of choice.

I wont give anyone marks out of ten, it seems fairly pointless. Those players who could be bothered to applaud the travelling fans were resoundly booed at the end - and then they had the cheek to look surprised.

Are we really this bad?

On todays showing, I'd say yes.

I suspect Reading will stay up this season, so if (or when) we are consigned to the drop, at least I can comfort myself with the knowledge that I wont have to go to the Madejski next season.

Is there an emoticon with a noose round its neck?

Just got home myself.

Wednesday were dire. Nobody seemed to want the ball,except to pass across the pitch and then to a Reading player. The only player who can take any credit was Beevers. Had performed as badly as the rest, Reading would have scored twice as many.

Far too often Wednesday lost possession easily and whilst the first goal was a bit unlucky with the deflection, the preformance thereafter went from mediocre to wee wee poor. One thing I do know, Irvine can't claim after today's match that he can't fault the lads for effort! There just wasn't any.

Tazz

Effort is all well and good, and it makes me angry when professional footballers don't put any in

You can huff and puff all day long

But the lack of quality was also evident today

Agree with the Beevers coments, and we certainly don't seem to be able to pass the ball except to the opposition

Anybody that went today do they know

1. Whats the point of Soares?

2. What position was Soares supposed to be playing

I couldn't see any reason why he should have started and he certainly is not a wide midfield player.

Well what a friggin humiliation that was again. I think only the fans can take any credit here and its about time we were appreciated a little more.

Our support is the one element of this football club that IS performing considering the poo poo we have to put up with. Now is the time we need to see some

positive action from those that run our football club. We are hurtling towards the third division with a bunch of players who are quite frankly not good

enough. If the board really believe in Alan Irvine, let him bring in a few of his own players on loan and try and lets make a fight of it.

Sat behind Dave Bassett and heard him tell the bloke next to him that Wednesday are the worst team he'd seen at this level for years.

Soares - garbage doesn't begin to describe his performance

Potter - crap again!! iin fact we have a midfield who seem collectively incapable of finding a forward pass.

Hinds - hate to say it, but quite simply he's a league 2 player

Varney - waste of a shirt on days like today

Tudgay - not much better

Beavers - keep your head up son...the ONLY player bar Grant to come out of that with any credit.