If Everyone Was To Do As LS Wants

Guest ReginaldBlinker

For some it is. Plus I imagine a lot of people can think of something better to spend £400 on then potential league 1 football.

They certainly wont be spending £400 if they read this forum because the amount of negativity on here would depress the most ardent fan.

Similarly, the matchday experience whereby 20,000 wannabe Capellos sit with their arms folded booing expecting the team to rip the opposition apart with no support is also likely to put people off.

This is what the negative numpties don't seem to realise - the negativity lingers round S6 like a bad smell in a lift.

They certainly wont be spending £400 if they read this forum because the amount of negativity on here would depress the most ardent fan.

Similarly, the matchday experience whereby 20,000 wannabe Capellos sit with their arms folded booing expecting the team to rip the opposition apart with no support is also likely to put people off.

This is what the negative numpties don't seem to realise - the negativity lingers round S6 like a bad smell in a lift.

Couldn't agree more

The fans moan about the team not giving there all but how many fans can honestly say that at the match they have gave there all to sheffield wednesday, getting behind the lads and pushing them on.

People pay there money and are entitled to get frustrated but why can't they see all the booing and negativity isn't helping the players, the fans need to do there part to intimidate the opposing team and not ours.

Fans, in this respect, shouldnt be seen as a collective term though. To reach the target there is no getting through to the fans, its getting through to thousands of individuals. It's practically impossible. The majority of people who post on here are probably season ticket holders or exiled fans; I'm guessing they're going to be the sort of people who spend their free time on owlstalk. Getting owlstalk on-board, IMO, won't achieve a great deal of difference in reaching our target.

Guest York-owl

journey only just getting started, to many Wednesdayites quit because they had had enough......

Regards

Lee

not gone to the reading match then :rolleyes:

Guest York-owl

journey only just getting started, to many Wednesdayites quit because they had had enough......

Regards

Lee

yes we had enough of paying good money to watch poo every week or every other week at hillsborough :angry:

yes we had enough of paying good money to watch poo every week or every other week at hillsborough :angry:

I felt the same after watching that shower of untalented footballers play last Saturday - spent well over £80 on the family afternoon out - on what should have been enjoyment, left me feeling frustrated and disappointed. I'm not a season ticket holder but on the other hand I've only missed three home games this season.

Its a chicken and egg scenario at the moment. Do I or don't I? Suppose I'm bit like a potential investor at the minute - cant bare the thought of watching Wednesday play Yoevil or Colchester on a cold Tuesday evening.

Maybe there's a few fans feeling the same way - fingers crossed we stay up.

Guest York-owl

I felt the same after watching that shower of untalented footballers play last Saturday - spent well over £80 on the family afternoon out - on what should have been enjoyment, left me feeling frustrated and disappointed. I'm not a season ticket holder but on the other hand I've only missed three home games this season.

Its a chicken and egg scenario at the moment. Do I or don't I? Suppose I'm bit like a potential investor at the minute - cant bare the thought of watching Wednesday play Yoevil or Colchester on a cold Tuesday evening.

Maybe there's a few fans feeling the same way - fingers crossed we stay up.

spot on mate, im a season ticket holder ive missed the last 2 tuesday night matches because its now too much of a hassle getting to sheffield and back to york on a night, and how the team is playing right now im glad i gived it a miss.

i wont getting a full season ticket next season because of the mid week matches i wait and see how much the weekend season tickets are going to be.

other wise i just pick and choose my matches.

Aye, and if my auntie had testicles she'd be my uncle.

We never really had that big crowds last time we were in the Prem. Obviously bigger than now, but other clubs will have seen greater falloffs.

Wednesday fans came out in their droves to back the new regime at the end of the season. The attendances showed a big increase on earlier that season and against many previous seasons. But it hasn't held up. Rather than blindly blaming the fans, and I'm not suggesting that's what LS is doing as he didn't start this thread, we might want to ask why.

The purpose of these type of rally cries are to convince the 'floating supporter' (for want of a better term) to buy in. If you don't agree with this method then fair enough. But surely as Owls you do agree with the aim? So instead of using it

as an oppertunity to have a dig at LS just be a bit more mature & let it go, instead why not help try to win over those

that are undecided on wheather or not to renew or buy a ST? Incresing the football budget is the only way we have a

chance to improve on the pitch.

I wrote this on another thread, but its relevent here (as most threads are just the same argument over & over!).

If you want a chance of better fooball next season then you have to buy in, its simple. The Manager thats resposible for

the cr@p this season has gone. Lets give AI a chance.

Premiership,championship or league 1 i go to support Sheffield Wednesday not the league we are in, if more people got on board more money will be spent on the team not rocket science is it ????

But the majority won't. Like I say I already have my 10/11 season ticket but while the football is crap on the pitch the majority won't come and invest in the team.

Unfortunately we have too many "plastic fans" for our targets to realistically be met.

Its all ifs and buts

When is comes down to it we as Wednesdayites decide how much we have to spend in the summer by buying season tickets. How many fans get that chance? Look at Cardiff fans who got screwed over after Peter scumdale told them the money was due to be spent on players then spent on a tax bill instead. Lee isnt like that, We for the first time that i can remember get a say in our club.

and if it goes boobies up you keep blaming it on the previous lot. . . :ph34r:

Seriously though to the OP.

Do you honestly believe that we will hit our season ticket target?

We fell a few thousand short last season and iam not convinced that this year will have helped.

I think you will find the 16,500 or what ever it is will be a tottal what Lee would be more than happy at but he will have a reasonable amount he realistictly will get as in buisness you always aim higher but also have a realistic target.