Anyone think we're a bit stuck in the past?

Guest ka58

Not knocking what we were like mid 80's, early to mid 90's cos we were good and they were the best times of my life as a wednesday fan.

I just think ther theres too many comparisons made with past teams with the current ones and thats why I think our support (home more than most) is not the best. People think "they're nothing like hirst / palmer / sheridan etc" but thats obvious - even the players being compared would admit that.

The players we've got now are nowhere near but we all know that so why bring ourselves down comparing.

Likewise - all the stuff about the likes of di canio, carbone etc gets on my nerves. They weren't part of good teams for us, they should only be remembered as transient players who admittedly put in some good performances, scored some good goals etc. But what did they do for us as a club?

Di Canio got himself stupidly sent off and banned and went missing which meant we ultimately lost him for stupid money (people blame Wilson for not being stronger but why did he do it in the first place?). Carbone had a superb contract but showed no commitment to the club long term.

Not particularly, I think the support wasn't the best against Ipswich because we were watching players failing to make 5, even 2 yard passes.

I wasn't sat there thinking, God, Sheridan never did that. More like, God, that fullback that plays for our local pub never does that.

I'm not talking about one game. I'm talking about the apathy towards a lot of our players / teams generally. You only have to go through posts on here to find people constantly harking back.

We are living in the past, it's all we've got at the mo.

I think the fact that a lot of us can remember us winning a trophy, playing in Europe, top 3 finish and regularly beating the current big 4 makes far more gut wrenching to be a poor championship side compared with the likes of Plymouth and Scunny.

I sometimes wish I supported someone who has always been sh!te so I could accept it more (especially with Donny 10 mins away).