Good news for Wednesday?

I've just been reading on BBC Sport that QPR have approached the administrators at Palace to ask for permission to speak to Neil Warnock about the possibility of him becoming manager. Now although Warnck's stated that he wouldn't go without compensation being agreed but as QPR aren't short of a bob or two, I'm sure that the adminstrators wouldn't turn down an attractive compensation package as it may not only get Warnock off the wage bill but perhaps also his coaching staff if he chooses to take them with him.

Adding this to the fact that Palace currently only have 16 available first team players and have an embargo on them baning them from bringing any loan players in, this would surely dent Palaces survival hopes.

I know our survival is still in our hands, but I'd certainly welcome this turn of events as if anybody can keep Palace up it's good old Colin and I actually think clubs get off rather lightly with a 10% deduction in exchange for wiping out all of their debts through the administration route.

Non strictly SWFC news I know, but it could improve our chances of survival should Colin decide to leave.

I honestly think the opposite. Whenever a club gets a new manager (us being the perfect example), they usually go through a honey moon period. We certainly did with wins over Barnsley and Blackpool. If Palace go through the same rich vein of form that so often comes with a new manager- we COULD be in a bit of bother.

Yes but could Palace afford to bring in a new manager and who would draw up the short list if they could, the administrator?

Surely it would be the cheap option (an internal promotion) such as the youth manager which might not have the desired positive effect, like the 3 games Macauley took over at Hillsborough this season.

If any manager knows who to get a team out of trouble in this division it's Warnock, added to that he seems to be a very good motivator and he knows this league inside out. You could just see him creating a "seige mentallity" at Palace and grinding results out. I think him leaving would be nothing short of a massive blow to their survival hopes.

I think I agree, in theory.

I also can't see Palace getting a decent replacement, who would seriously want to go there?

The other side of the coin is that the players are still playing for either moves elsewhere or so they don't get released from the wage bill in May.

We shouldn't be relying on stuff like this though, it's still in our own hands (for now).

Get in, the chance of being relegated by a pig may be halved!

Exactly - hope he goes. Anyone want Warnock coming with Palace at end of season with chance to send us down....................

Didn't think so.

He's got a record of getting teams up to beat us - at least if he does it with QPR its not as near to end of season.

I've just been reading on BBC Sport that QPR have approached the administrators at Palace to ask for permission to speak to Neil Warnock about the possibility of him becoming manager. Now although Warnck's stated that he wouldn't go without compensation being agreed but as QPR aren't short of a bob or two, I'm sure that the adminstrators wouldn't turn down an attractive compensation package as it may not only get Warnock off the wage bill but perhaps also his coaching staff if he chooses to take them with him.

Adding this to the fact that Palace currently only have 16 available first team players and have an embargo on them baning them from bringing any loan players in, this would surely dent Palaces survival hopes.

I know our survival is still in our hands, but I'd certainly welcome this turn of events as if anybody can keep Palace up it's good old Colin and I actually think clubs get off rather lightly with a 10% deduction in exchange for wiping out all of their debts through the administration route.

Non strictly SWFC news I know, but it could improve our chances of survival should Colin decide to leave.

Football as a sport shouldn't have to come down to clubs pecking at the corpses of others.

I think I agree, in theory.

I also can't see Palace getting a decent replacement, who would seriously want to go there?

The other side of the coin is that the players are still playing for either moves elsewhere or so they don't get released from the wage bill in May.

We shouldn't be relying on stuff like this though, it's still in our own hands (for now).

the players already know they're off in may, specially ambrose, dans etc n hopefully such a move would cause heads to drop cos its clear a new palace manager would be on minimum wage or there bouts :) n not the rallying nobhead there at present. you never know, it could even be me next in charge at selhurst. id make sure they went down!

palace players were seen getting of the train in sheffield tonight. looks like they couldnt afford a coach! i bet the players wont be treated like superstars by the club no they havent got any money im predicting a loss for them so fingers crossed we can get something at reading!

Sadly, its a dog-eat-dog world out there in football - anything that helps Crystal Palace stay in the bottom 3 is definately good for Wednesday.

Warnock is a very good manager - no doubt - therefore, it suggests that Palace would be worse off if he did leave.

Ultimately though, us winning our games (including the one against Palace!) is the only way we can guarantee staying up.

Time for us fans, if we can, to once again stand up and be counted for a big 2 months.

Palace seem to have a fighting spirit, sadly lacking in our bunch of losers.

When they outfought us at Hillsborough, their players hadn't even been PAID for 3 months.

Is that solely down to Colin, or a more of a sad reflection on our lot ?

Sadly, I suspect it's the latter.

Says everything about the mentality of our players.

Palace players hadn't been paid and outfought us.

Some of our players are out of contract in the summer and don't give a throw.

Sums up the problem perfectly.