We are broken and we have to fix ourselves

Guest mozzyblue

No one's asked anyone to do anything they can't afford, or are unable to do... have they?

Yes..........it's all Lee ever bangs on about. Everything is "come on, get them season tickets bought", and then we get sly digs like in this OP from him.

I would love to have a season ticket, but financially, I just cannot justify it when I have so many other things to pay for.

I'm not having a pop, I'm just fed up of it all, my interest is waning, I'm fed up of the chairman on here preaching to all and sundry, some of us have bought in and it's not enough.

We won't get the figures needed due to the poo on offer on the pitch it's all very well Lee asking us to cajole people inot returning but it's difficult when they go and it's gash, my dad was given a handful of tickets for the Donny game and couldn't give em away, same against Ipswich.

As for that last line, you're just being dramatic now

The way i see it is he knows what sort of money we need for the summer so he is trying to hit that target because he knows the poo poo could hit the fan if we dont meet it.

Look at Lee and a sales man trying to hit a target.

The target is funds for our club.

That is so simplistic and obvious as to be hardly worth writing. But you haven't answered my question which is really "why is LS making the point at the top of this thread in the first place". The key objective seems to be quite simple, to sell more season tickets to fund the team.

I am quite happy to forget the past - so I have a season ticket for 2010/11, I am prepared to support the club financially beyond that, but I am unaware of any mechanism as acquisition of more shares does nothing for the club. so what exactly does LS want us to do and why are we continually berated on this website by him? Yes, I would like some decent football on the deck and less long balls and high balls which are at best 50:50 but I go and support whatever.

Your posts suggests that you have no interest in supporting what Strafford is doing.

But you didn't even ask that question.

To be honest, as far as I see it, the emotional buy in is more important than the financial one.

If you've already bought in, then you've got the message, so you don't need to worry about Strafford's attempts to get more people on board.

If you've not (as suggested by asking pointless questions about the previous regime that get us nowhere), then try doing that first.

No, sadly you and thousands of others just don't.

Regards

Lee

so, in essence, all us thousands are wrong, yet you are right ?

Was you an ex international footballer, or manager ? OR are you just a fan like the rest of us ?

League tables do not lie. This squad is no where near as good as you make out. If it was, why has Alan been unable to get the team playing football ?

Look at Reading, same poo poo as us, yet the manager has gone in there and the fans are loving the new style and attractive open football. Was a piece on sky sports about it the other day

I'm not having a pop, I'm just fed up of it all, my interest is waning, I'm fed up of the chairman on here preaching to all and sundry, some of us have bought in and it's not enough.

We won't get the figures needed due to the poo on offer on the pitch it's all very well Lee asking us to cajole people inot returning but it's difficult when they go and it's gash, my dad was given a handful of tickets for the Donny game and couldn't give em away, same against Ipswich.

As for that last line, you're just being dramatic now

apparantly no other person in the world could be chairman of this football club .......

Yes..........it's all Lee ever bangs on about. Everything is "come on, get them season tickets bought", and then we get sly digs like in this OP from him.

I would love to have a season ticket, but financially, I just cannot justify it when I have so many other things to pay for.

Do what you can.

No one's asked any more, at any point.

Maybe, just maybe, not every message is directed solely at you.

What? Have you skipped twisting facts and gone straight to making things up?

When has he ever said that people who can't afford a season ticket should just buy one anyway? His marketing is aimed at the people who can afford a ST but choose not to buy one (for whatever reason).

I had a chuckle at that too.. but it must be true.. although investment by christmas ?? investment iniment etc.. must have dreamt that.. or did some fudder post it... cant be sure on here half the time..

..... smell the money

..... sorted either way in two weeks

Is right...here we go again you having a pop...why don't you volunteer and step up if you think you could do any better?

No?

cos' it's easier ( and safer ) to sit on the sidelines whingeing like Boo Hoo mcCabe's love child....the difference between the two clubs is that when we were really poo poo ( in the 70s ) the wednesdayites stood up a to be counted while the pigs ranted and raved and did nothing...but i suppose that's a different generation not the "ME ME ME " generation of today..

Meh... can't be bothered anymore...if Lee fails you'll get what you deserve

Well said davyboy.

True character is proven in adversity. That's what being a supporter is all about. It's what makes us better than the squealing piggies down the road and why as a fanbase we get respect allover the country.

It's time to stand up and be counted. Like we have done before and will do again.

you mean nowhere near as good as looking like relegation certs ?

A squad so good they can't string 3 passes together ?

A squad so good our leading scorer has 7 goals ?

A squad so good, we have no midfielder able to play football ?

A squad so good we have nobody capable of changing a game ?

A squad so good we have one striker who you could honestly say looks like he is playing for his shirt ?

A squad so good that the top 2 earners have been injured all season ?

I see what you mean ..............

Funny how you didn't go and address these points to Lee personally at last night's meeting wasn't it Glaser?

I guess you were probably busy, oh yeah...posting more attention seeking poo on Owsltalk.

Pathetic keyboard warrior.

Anyway I agree with what Daveyboy says - if Lee doesn't succeed then we are getting what we deserve, nothing. We're not sticking together anymore, we're slowly turning into the fans that are across the City who moan and whinge on RS constantly, rather than getting behind the Club and doing our upmost.

Our focus should purely be on supporting the players who go out and play for uson a Saturday - if we go down then we've got all summer to moan and whinge about what went wrong, but from now until then we should be giving our full support to survining in this League. Then we've at least done our part.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Funny how you didn't go and address these points to Lee personally at last night's meeting wasn't it Glaser?

I guess you were probably busy, oh yeah...posting more attention seeking poo on Owsltalk.

Pathetic keyboard warrior.

Anyway I agree with what Daveyboy says - if Lee doesn't succeed then we are getting what we deserve, nothing. We're not sticking together anymore, we're slowly turning into the fans that are across the City who moan and whinge on RS constantly, rather than getting behind the Club and doing our upmost.

Our focus should purely be on supporting the players who go out and play for uson a Saturday - if we go down then we've got all summer to moan and whinge about what went wrong, but from now until then we should be giving our full support to survining in this League. Then we've at least done our part.

When they do that they'll get my support

What? Have you skipped twisting facts and gone straight to making things up?

When has he ever said that people who can't afford a season ticket should just buy one anyway? His marketing is aimed at the people who can afford a ST but choose not to buy one (for whatever reason).

Correct, to all the numptys in this thread who either cant afford a ST or already have one/plan to renew, THE MARKETING ISN'T AIMED AT YOU!!! so ffs stop whining you fecking bellends!

Edited by Donny

Shall we get some facts right before we join in with the gang bashing someone who refuses to brown nose ?

Makes you look big joining in does it ?

I signed up to attend, I even sent 2 questions I wanted to ask, check the survey thing set up to register.

I unfortunately had work commitments that meant I was way too busy marking and planning etc, boring, but priorities and all that

But still, join in eh ? Make you feel all warm inside

Guest oliver666

Let go of the rumbleing past.

Try that.

That's where it starts, for all of us.

Forget 1955.

Forget 1966.

Forget 1991.

Forget 1993.

Especially forget 1997-2008.

Where do you want this club to go from here? Not even in relation to where we've been, but from, right here, sat in a rumbleing awful position, playing occasionally dogshite football, where do we want to go?

It's not about what's happened, it's not about the battles we've had with previous chairman, or things we've previously won, or anything, because if this club doesn't survive, what does it mean? If we continue to drift along, with faded memories and unrealised dreams, shouting at each other about what we could've done, what does it mean?

As has been said from Day 1 of Strafford's tenure, the ONLY way that this club can be somewhere better than where we are right now is through the fans. The ONLY way. That doesn't mean we get blamed if things go wrong, and it's not heaping the expectation on us, the only people who place either of those on us are ourselves.

We're being asked, not required, asked, if we want a brighter future for this club. That means forgetting the past, supporting the club financially and emotionally, and thinking about the future.

It's really not rumbleing hard.

roger me. are you a politician, if not, you make a good job of impersonating one. The guy who you responded to did'nt deserve the poo what has come out of your venimous gob. He's stating a fact, he's a Wednesdatite and he's passionate. What the roger is wrong with that.

roger me. are you a politician, if not, you make a good job of impersonating one. The guy who you responded to did'nt deserve the poo what has come out of your venimous gob. He's stating a fact, he's a Wednesdatite and he's passionate. What the roger is wrong with that.

"Tow the line or shut up" comes to mind. . .