We are broken and we have to fix ourselves

It "was" not our fault.

We "were" the victims.

But its been over a year now and we are no longer being mislead by our club. We are no longer being taken advantage of. Yet far too many of us are behaving like the abuse victim that turns round and then becomes the abuser. As a consequence we are not backing this team (emotionally as well as financially) as it struggles through a tough season that management execution (absence of) created. Yet we have backed squads in the recent past that are nowhere near as good as the one we have today.

Our club will not progress until everyone moves on from the negativity that has seeped into our very bones this past 15 years or so.

Reality - We are a struggling championship club trying to lift ourselves financially, emotionally and by best practice up to being a strong championship club. We have the opportunity to do this because our fan base is large enough and the rest of football is melting down. We have a genuine opportunity, but only if we want to make it happen.

To do this will take us all adopting a positive yet pragmatic (not unrealistic) mindset.

To do this will take us all maintaining our football budget at £6m-£7m a year for a period long enough for AI to shape our squad and develop a new Wednesday football identity. Then we move forward again.

For us all not to want to make this happen would be insane, you would think. Yet so many just want to carry on the negativity and the mistrust and the infighting. This being behaviour that we were conditioned to by those wonderful people that created the problems at our club...................

Its time to wake up, the relegation battle effort needs us and the club being driven forward only happens if we all push in the same direction (emotionally and financially)

Lots of us have committed to moving forward (that's what keeps me going), but many are threatening to stop and many more have just not woken up still.

We all pull together and we can retain our position in this league and take the opportunity in front of us together.

We let this all unwind and I fear it will all end up a lot worse than 18 months ago.

Regards

Lee

Wednesday can be great again.

Keep up the good work Lee and don't let the neg heads grind you down.

*I reserve the right to be negative in moments of weakness after horrible defeats* :happy:

You are quite right, I am clearly missing the point.

I have been actively supporting since 1955. I have a season ticket and have bought one for 2010/11, I had debentures in the North Stand to help fund its building, I own shares, I would buy more shares to give new money to the club if they were issued.

And yet we are all still being told we are not doing enough. What extra is it that you expect me to do so that I get the message?

Let go of the rumbleing past.

Try that.

That's where it starts, for all of us.

Forget 1955.

Forget 1966.

Forget 1991.

Forget 1993.

Especially forget 1997-2008.

Where do you want this club to go from here? Not even in relation to where we've been, but from, right here, sat in a rumbleing awful position, playing occasionally dogshite football, where do we want to go?

It's not about what's happened, it's not about the battles we've had with previous chairman, or things we've previously won, or anything, because if this club doesn't survive, what does it mean? If we continue to drift along, with faded memories and unrealised dreams, shouting at each other about what we could've done, what does it mean?

As has been said from Day 1 of Strafford's tenure, the ONLY way that this club can be somewhere better than where we are right now is through the fans. The ONLY way. That doesn't mean we get blamed if things go wrong, and it's not heaping the expectation on us, the only people who place either of those on us are ourselves.

We're being asked, not required, asked, if we want a brighter future for this club. That means forgetting the past, supporting the club financially and emotionally, and thinking about the future.

It's really not rumbleing hard.

Think about it, when (and if) we hit a position where we can be considered to be comfortable and successful, will you be able to say you stuck by the club, did all you could, sat through the god-awful poo and attended every game that was possible for you to make?

Or will it be a case of "Well I go now we're good, but when we weren't I just stayed at home and swore at Teletext"?

Think about it, when (and if) we hit a position where we can be considered to be comfortable and successful, will you be able to say you stuck by the club, did all you could, sat through the god-awful poo and attended every game that was possible for you to make?

Or will it be a case of "Well I go now we're good, but when we weren't I just stayed at home and swore at Teletext"?

Inspirational stuff there. Just like Herny V before Agincourt. :biggrin:

The fact is that what LS and team have done and are doing over 18 months should have been rolled out softly softly in a controlled manner over the previous 10 years+.

For some of these changes over those 10 years would still have been difficult to come to terms with. The issues weren't addressed at the time and now it appears to many more that the rapid changes required to keep up with the changing face of football are too much to take.

It would always get worse before it gets better but as with the Pompey meltdown & Palace and the increasing number of other clubs whos very existence is on the brink, it is essential that the changes required are actioned as rapidly as possible from the bottom up.

This whole process is not window dressing or tinkering around the edges, the entire fabric and structure of this club has required a complete overhaul for some time and was on the verge of imminent collapse. One by one each element of the old is being repaired and replaced and now against the backdrop of many positive things and firm foundations put in place in the last 18 months, some hard decisions have to be made in terms of the playing staff.

I believe we now have the calibre of team management in place needed to make those decisions and the shirkers, the bottlers, the bad apples, the shrinking violets, the weak-willed and pizza eating so called professionals will now be tested.

Time to stand up and be counted and we will see in the next 24 hours who has any self respect......

good post

or whinged on owlstalk but didn't have the guts to step up when given the chance to do it face to face

Yet we have backed squads in the recent past that are nowhere near as good as the one we have today.

you mean nowhere near as good as looking like relegation certs ?

A squad so good they can't string 3 passes together ?

A squad so good our leading scorer has 7 goals ?

A squad so good, we have no midfielder able to play football ?

A squad so good we have nobody capable of changing a game ?

A squad so good we have one striker who you could honestly say looks like he is playing for his shirt ?

A squad so good that the top 2 earners have been injured all season ?

I see what you mean ..............

Guest mozzyblue

Yet another attempt to try and emotionally blackmail fans and badger them into buying a season ticket, and if they DONT buy a season ticket, they are not supporting the club and are not wanting us to go forward!

That is complete garbage Lee and you should be ashamed of this constant barrage of mental abuse and emotional blackmail.

I cannot afford a season ticket, and can only afford to go to about 5/6 matches a season. So I am not wanting wednesday to go forward????????

I have credit card bills and mortgage payments and wife and kids to feed. These HAVE to come first, but if that makes me not good enough, then so be it.

You need to look in the mirror Lee and stop trying to make people feel like they have to do this. Not very good, and that's coming from a wednesdayite of more than the 15 years you speak of.

A squad so good we have one striker who you could honestly say looks like he is playing for his shirt ?

I hope you slip while mopping your school and send the mop handle through your eye.

OH DO SHUT UP

Yet another attempt to try and emotionally blackmail fans and badger them into buying a season ticket, and if they DONT buy a season ticket, they are not supporting the club and are not wanting us to go forward!

That is complete garbage Lee and you should be ashamed of this constant barrage of mental abuse and emotional blackmail.

I cannot afford a season ticket, and can only afford to go to about 5/6 matches a season. So I am not wanting wednesday to go forward????????

I have credit card bills and mortgage payments and wife and kids to feed. These HAVE to come first, but if that makes me not good enough, then so be it.

You need to look in the mirror Lee and stop trying to make people feel like they have to do this. Not very good, and that's coming from a wednesdayite of more than the 15 years you speak of.

No one's asked anyone to do anything they can't afford, or are unable to do... have they?

Hope you wiped yr arse after that.

Let go of the rumbleing past.

Try that.

That's where it starts, for all of us.

Forget 1955.

Forget 1966.

Forget 1991.

Forget 1993.

Especially forget 1997-2008.

Where do you want this club to go from here? Not even in relation to where we've been, but from, right here, sat in a rumbleing awful position, playing occasionally dogshite football, where do we want to go?

It's not about what's happened, it's not about the battles we've had with previous chairman, or things we've previously won, or anything, because if this club doesn't survive, what does it mean? If we continue to drift along, with faded memories and unrealised dreams, shouting at each other about what we could've done, what does it mean?

As has been said from Day 1 of Strafford's tenure, the ONLY way that this club can be somewhere better than where we are right now is through the fans. The ONLY way. That doesn't mean we get blamed if things go wrong, and it's not heaping the expectation on us, the only people who place either of those on us are ourselves.

We're being asked, not required, asked, if we want a brighter future for this club. That means forgetting the past, supporting the club financially and emotionally, and thinking about the future.

It's really not rumbleing hard.

That is so simplistic and obvious as to be hardly worth writing. But you haven't answered my question which is really "why is LS making the point at the top of this thread in the first place". The key objective seems to be quite simple, to sell more season tickets to fund the team.

I am quite happy to forget the past - so I have a season ticket for 2010/11, I am prepared to support the club financially beyond that, but I am unaware of any mechanism as acquisition of more shares does nothing for the club. so what exactly does LS want us to do and why are we continually berated on this website by him? Yes, I would like some decent football on the deck and less long balls and high balls which are at best 50:50 but I go and support whatever.

Iv bought my season ticket regardless of what league we are in. All i care about is Wednesday doing well. Money is tight at the moment but a few less away games this season has helped me fund my season ticket for next season. Think about it by just missing 8 away games or less for those who like to have a drink or two, you can buy a season ticket. Its been hard as much as i love away games but hey ho it gives us a bit more cash to spend on players.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Is right...here we go again you having a pop...why don't you volunteer and step up if you think you could do any better?

No?

cos' it's easier ( and safer ) to sit on the sidelines whingeing like Boo Hoo mcCabe's love child....the difference between the two clubs is that when we were really poo poo ( in the 70s ) the wednesdayites stood up a to be counted while the pigs ranted and raved and did nothing...but i suppose that's a different generation not the "ME ME ME " generation of today..

Meh... can't be bothered anymore...if Lee fails you'll get what you deserve

I'm not having a pop, I'm just fed up of it all, my interest is waning, I'm fed up of the chairman on here preaching to all and sundry, some of us have bought in and it's not enough.

We won't get the figures needed due to the poo on offer on the pitch it's all very well Lee asking us to cajole people inot returning but it's difficult when they go and it's gash, my dad was given a handful of tickets for the Donny game and couldn't give em away, same against Ipswich.

As for that last line, you're just being dramatic now

Guest barrybanned

/quote]

Think the season ticket drive is aimed at people who can afford them, but choose not to mate.

Edited by barrybanned