Investment ?? WTF ??

In the 70's and early 80's when our beloved Owls were deep in Cack ( and I mean deep !). We didn't moan on about investment, we got on with what we'd always done.. support the club thru thick and thin, home and away, rain or shine. I saw some of the worst football in my life but had the best days of my life with fellow supporters.

Every loss hurt, every humiliation was endured and never once did someone say " investment".

Bxllacks to investment, get thee to Hillsbro' and cheer the lads on !

UTOWTID

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.

Guest oliver666

In the 70's and early 80's when our beloved Owls were deep in Cack ( and I mean deep !). We didn't moan on about investment, we got on with what we'd always done.. support the club thru thick and thin, home and away, rain or shine. I saw some of the worst football in my life but had the best days of my life with fellow supporters.

Every loss hurt, every humiliation was endured and never once did someone say " investment".

UTOWTID

Agree. let's hope AI is in the same mould as big Jack who virtually single handed got us back into the old div 2 and turned the clubs finances into the black. We need that sort of mentality now. Shrewd signings, brought commitment and damn hard work into the playing side of things. Sod the investment.

Guest edforceowl

UTOWTID

Football wasn't all about money in them days though...............

UTOWTID

I was going to start a thread which would have been almost identical to this. I grew up watching Wednesday in the 70's and early 80's. I just loved watching Wednesday and still do. I hate the w&nkers on here who refer to fans who get behind the team as 'happy clappers'. I disagree with LS, if you want consistent success then feck off somewhere else. If that means it takes us longer to get where we want to be, or even if we never get there, then so be it. At least it's real football without these cvnts.

........... and Lee, you are doing great stuff for the club but get off this site now before you lose all credibility.

What a complete idiot you are I bet you have never been to a meeting with the man so how you can say that is beyond belief. How you can judge someone without actually sitting down with them and just judge from few seconds radio interviews or paper cack talk is beyond me.

UTOWTID

That's because the Internet wasn't around for the masses, but now people try to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet. This means that the people moaning may not even be Wednesday fans but try to change genuine fans' attitudes which can be detrimental to the club.

What a complete idiot you are I bet you have never been to a meeting with the man so how you can say that is beyond belief. How you can judge someone without actually sitting down with them and just judge from few seconds radio interviews or paper cack talk is beyond me.

Thanks and I love you too............... bishop basher !

LS is definitely the man to take Wednesday forward. It is great that he posts on here but he is very much in danger of losing credibility with some of the stuff he writes.

Think you are trying to impress us that you have 'been to a meeting with the man'. So fecking what.

UTOWTID

exactly what i said to my dad only yesterday.we didn't cry like little girls about investment then and things were a whole lot worse!!!!

Is that the same 70s when we had the "save our owls" and the share issue that has now crippled and complicated any subsequent investment in swfc??

The point I make is that it wasn't investment that got us out of the old 3rd and 2nd divisions. The fans ( you were probably one of them) got behind the team for every game. Our mindset was we're cack and we know we are but WE ARE THE WEDNESDAY. We will (positively ) support our team every minute, we will endure a season and a half without an away win in the old 3rd division because when Jeff Johnson rockets a 30 yarder in against ??? Reading ??? it will be worth it.

Compare that to today:

Look at the threads on here with the most posts.... do you see a link. Fans moaning about lack of investment.

UTOWTID

The point I make is that it wasn't investment that got us out of the old 3rd and 2nd divisions. The fans ( you were probably one of them) got behind the team for every game. Our mindset was we're cack and we know we are but WE ARE THE WEDNESDAY. We will (positively ) support our team every minute, we will endure a season and a half without an away win in the old 3rd division because when Jeff Johnson rockets a 30 yarder in against ??? Reading ??? it will be worth it.

Compare that to today:

Look at the threads on here with the most posts.... do you see a link. Fans moaning about lack of investment.

UTOWTID

It's modern culture I think.

We think we have a right not to suffer.