Away fans at Hillsborough

Guest Gornaldo

It was also said in the other topic that loads of other clubs get away with it.

We've got a club/stadium with history and tradition. Without doubt we're one of the away fixtures that away fans rate highly, so if possible we should be taking advantage of this to generate some extra revenue. Especially seeing as most clubs in this league are taking advantage of us having one of the best away followings in the country by overcharging us.

We did overcharge them though; thats why I prices dropped after Donny. Because Doncaster fans complained. Other clubs will have found a way round charging us extra so there not breaking any rules. We just claimed that the North and West were comparable views - which they wasnt.

Guest totemowl

We did overcharge them though; thats why I prices dropped after Donny. Because Doncaster fans complained. Other clubs will have found a way round charging us extra so there not breaking any rules. We just claimed that the North and West were comparable views - which they wasnt.

No, they are not comparable. The upper tier in the West stand has the best view in the ground. Edited by totemowl

Posted Image

Theres my ideas.

Can you express that in the form of a PowerPoint presentation? With music and animation?

But in all seriousness -

I'd be sorely tempted to close the grandstand - but all hell would kick off if we tried it. Remember what happened last time we tried changed the pricing up there? People still are moaning about it now...

I wouldn't move the away fans - it would be logistically a pain and we've just paid for a load of new turnstiles down there. You also can't put away fans next the 'premium' area - those people aren't going to want to abused by a bunch of idiots.

Spreading the away lot out is expensive too, in terms of stewarding - the advantage of having them up in the LLU is that it's self contained and cheap to police.

If we could get away with it - close the Grandstand except for the Cat A games. Because we don't need those seats.

And just come up with a scam, like the rest of the league and charge away fans the going rate for the rest.

Edited by dave

Upper Leps is a blank canvas.

make it.

Unreserved seating for Home support and tell the stewards to relax a bit. If you want to shout etc that the stand to go.

The club have spent money on new turnstiles and access to allow this. Why if they are not going to use it???

Edited by capetownowl