Reasonable Expectations (IMO)

How to judge the success, or otherwise, of the present incumbents of the various 'hot-seats' (Chairman, Manager etc) in S6?

Timeframe-end of next season.

-IF relegated this season, then a MINIMUM of promotion back into the Championship; no expectation of investment due to our relegation.

-IF we stay up this season, then a MINIMUM of a Blackpool-esque flirtation with 6th spot throughout next season, and at least an initial tranche of investment signed off.

All senior management within ANY organisations are set goals, objectives and targets to achieve on an annual basis.

I can't imagine why ours should/would be any different.

If anybody else thinks otherwise, then I'd be interested to hear the reasoning.

I think, to take slight issue with your first point, if we are relegated this season it will incredibly difficult to achieve instantaneous promotion next season. Although absolutely, that should be the aim. Unfortunately though, I think we will go down and will see an exodus of players who are at the end of their contracts. Signing new players, who have the quality to achieve promotion and sustained performances in the championship, is difficult on a tight budget, though not impossible obviously. I just think encouraging the players who have enough quality to play for a league one team won't be easy.

I would sort of agree with your second point - we are in a fairly unique position this season, considering we have so many players who could leave in the summer. I would expect strong signings and a serious, dramatic improvement on this season. Saying that, I would fully expect us to hover around mid table, although the playoffs SHOULD always be the aim.

So perhaps:

-IF relegated this season, then STAY DOWN in the 1st Division next season

-IF we stay up this season, then a minimum of hovering around mid-table next season

?

hey, this is reasonable expectations right?!

what you reasonably expect?

The two scenarios I have just quoted are what I expect to be honest!