No sign of investment in near future

Guest mozzyblue

Don't be a mug, you're contributing to the bad rep of this place. The people involved in discussions to take us over aren't doing it for the love of SWFC. They want to see a return on their money, which revolves around getting us back in the Prem. Frankly I'd be worried about their business acumen if us dropping into League One didn't make them think twice.

So basically then, we are screwed if we go down ?

Is that the crooks of all this ?

No investment, no season ticket sales, loads of players released out of contract, Lee with his reputation tarnished, Irvine with a relegation on his CV, whilst somehow, Mr Laws (the man responsible for all of this) is laughing away still in football management..... at a higher level than us

No investment, no season ticket sales, loads of players released out of contract, Lee with his reputation tarnished, Irvine with a relegation on his CV, whilst somehow, Mr Laws (the man responsible for all of this) is laughing away still in football management..... at a higher level than us

Think it's a bit harsh to say it's all his fault, the players take half the blame as well.

I'd say that's basically it yeah. Getting relegated won't stop Irvine being one of the brightest young managers in the country though. Time for the players to man up and save our club from the situation they've put it in.

definitely with you on this one, but I seriously don't think they have it in them, yet we can't afford to replace them.

Let's just hope Alan shows why he is regarded as one of "the brightest young managers in the country" and keeps us up.

Saturday will tell me all I need to know about his motivational / man management skills to be fair

Bloody hell if Alan Sugar tried running a football club a decade ago, and gave up.

Being chairman of a footy club and NOT suceeding is no stain any businessmans CV.

Seems to me these supposed investors are looking for a way out, and are possibly using this relegation possibility as an excuse.

I actually don't see why relegation is such a big issue. We'd only be 42 games away from promotion, and we wouldn't be the first club to have back to back promotions. Lots of players are out of contract in the summer, which is a massive positive in my opinion. We're at least 5 years away from the Premier League, regardless of whether we get relegated in May.

Bloody hell if Alan Sugar tried running a football club a decade ago, and gave up.

Being chairman of a footy club and NOT suceeding is no stain any businessmans CV.

I am talking about him as a man of Sheffield, and through the eyes of uneducated / blissfully unaware Wednesday fans eyes, not as a business man

I am talking about him as a man of Sheffield, and through the eyes of uneducated / blissfully unaware Wednesday fans eyes, not as a business man

Glaser, why can't you stick to your own opinions and stop trying to speak for others ?

Just what do you class as "uneducated" ?.

Edited by eckingtonblue

Just what do you class as "uneducated" ?.

I am actually trying to defend Lee here.

I am talking about Bob, the 55 year old, who is unaware of all Lee has done for the club, thinks the internet is something to catch butterflies with and is unsure about all the politics of the club

All he knows is that Lee has come in, said investment was very, very close, it hasn't been, yet the club he has loved for 50 odd years, has now been relegated with him at the helm

That is what I mean by "uneducated"

I am actually trying to defend Lee here.

I am talking about Bob, the 55 year old, who is unaware of all Lee has done for the club, thinks the internet is something to catch butterflies with and is unsure about all the politics of the club

All he knows is that Lee has come in, said investment was very, very close, it hasn't been, yet the club he has loved for 50 odd years, has now been relegated with him at the helm

That is what I mean by "uneducated"

I understand what you're trying to get at here, but why would "Bob" see LS's reputation as tarnished when he has'nt actually promised anything in any media and after tonights "tweet" investment could still be considered as very close.

A friend of mine seems to have had a problem with LS since he came in but could'nt give me a reason why ! He could be classed as a "Bob", but the more I speak to him the more he seem's to be coming round, and is even buying his first ST for next season.

I'm not trying to be confrontational ! if it comes across that way then apologies it must be the wine, but I think you're catagorising a lot of regular people into a stereotype they don't deserve.

Crux...flipping teacher...yeah right :laugh:

Seems to me these supposed investors are looking for a way out, and are possibly using this relegation possibility as an excuse.

I actually don't see why relegation is such a big issue. We'd only be 42 games away from promotion, and we wouldn't be the first club to have back to back promotions. Lots of players are out of contract in the summer, which is a massive positive in my opinion. We're at least 5 years away from the Premier League, regardless of whether we get relegated in May.

They don't need an excuse, if they want to walk away they just will do.

LS said tonight that they're (C9S) nogotiating with the Co Op Bank and the fact we dont know what division we'll be in

means they have to work out the finacial details for both situations.

It goes without saying but we desperately need investment and without it we will never progress

But i'm just glad Lee is looking for serious investment and not micky mouse takeovers that Notts County & Pompey have had

Lee will get us there in the end even if it isn't for the moment

Anyone who expected Club 9 to do anything but see what division were in next season was always going to be dissapointed.

That cranks the pressure up just a notch doesnt it

yes, on our inept squad to actually perform and show that they care