Anyone travelling by train

haha , cheers norm . Im travelling from Wrexham , you got any tips on saving money on fares it looks like it could be a flippingexpensive trip !

Three tips, book as early as possible, use a railcard under 25, family etc if possible and break your trip where possible.

ie Wakefield to Doncater to Retford to Peterborough to london can work out quite a bit cheaper than Wakefield to London even if you don't move seats on the same train.

7.40 to Donny, 8.45 to London, Paddington to Reading arrives 11.45 ish

cost £37 return

NOT KNOCKING U MATE BUT WHY ALL THAT EXPENSE AND TIME WHEN U COULD GO ON A COACH AND BE DROPPED OFF AT THE GROUND AND BE BACK HOME BY 8-00...... IS THE I.C.O .THAT BAD

NOT KNOCKING U MATE BUT WHY ALL THAT EXPENSE AND TIME WHEN U COULD GO ON A COACH AND BE DROPPED OFF AT THE GROUND AND BE BACK HOME BY 8-00...... IS THE I.C.O .THAT BAD

So you can have a drink and a day out and there's no point either driving to Sheffield or catching a train to then have to catch a coach.

Plus last time I caught the fruit gum it broke down in the late eighties :biggrin:

So you can have a drink and a day out and there's no point either driving to Sheffield or catching a train to then have to catch a coach.

Plus last time I caught the fruit gum it broke down in the late eighties :biggrin:

FAIR ENOUGH MATE ... USED TO GO ON TRAIN IN 70S FOR SAME REASON ONLY DIFFERENCE DONNY TO LONDON WAS 19SHILLINGS AND 11PENCE RETURN(UNDER A QUID ) ... ANYWAY HAVE A GREAT DAY ......