John Pearson sets the record straight about Radio Sheffield situation

Just to balance the argument out, isnt that pretty much the dictionary definition of "Conflict of Interest"?

If it's so obvious that Laws is doing a terrible job (and it was!) and JP refused to say anything about it then he was obviously putting his job at the club before his job at Radio Pig.

I think you are correct. If JP was holding his tongue when being asked quite legitimate questions about the manager/board etc then this would make his job at Radio Sheffield Untenable. I don't think its fair to say that he shouldn't be asked these type of questions, of course he should.

Also I don't agree that there is a United bias at RS, its us the fans that are bias towards the owls. Ask any Unitedite and they will tell you RS is biased towards Wednesday, its all relative IMO.

For what its worth I love JP's commentaries.

I think you are correct. If JP was holding his tongue when being asked quite legitimate questions about the manager/board etc then this would make his job at Radio Sheffield Untenable. I don't think its fair to say that he shouldn't be asked these type of questions, of course he should.

Also I don't agree that there is a United bias at RS, its us the fans that are bias towards the owls. Ask any Unitedite and they will tell you RS is biased towards Wednesday, its all relative IMO.

Hiya seth

Hiya Seth

now give JP his job back and while you're at it give his shoes a good polish

Hardly

He's there to commentate on the game not to talk about club politics and answer questions about whether the manager will still be at the club on monday morning

He was employed to be an 'expert summariser' for matchday commentaries.

He did (and does, now for Wednesday Player) a superb job of that.

Do you think being called up for your opinion on the Sunday after a Saturday game (remember, Laws was sacked on the Sunday) counts within your role as 'expert summariser for matchday commentaries'?

Would also like to point out as a massive Sheffield Eagles fan, at least Wednesday get air time, what about Sheffield Eagles, Doncaster RLFC, Sheffield Steelers, Sheffield Sharks, Sheffield Tigers Speedway, Sheffield Tigers RUFC, Sheffield RUFC, Doncaster Knights RUFC, Rotherham Titans RUFC.....

Every other region has a 'sports' show, Radio Sheffield just has football. I really wish i could not pay my license and get away with it

Guest oliver666

Would also like to point out as a massive Sheffield Eagles fan, at least Wednesday get air time, what about Sheffield Eagles, Doncaster RLFC, Sheffield Steelers, Sheffield Sharks, Sheffield Tigers Speedway, Sheffield Tigers RUFC, Sheffield RUFC, Doncaster Knights RUFC, Rotherham Titans RUFC.....

Every other region has a 'sports' show, Radio Sheffield just has football. I really wish i could not pay my license and get away with it

What about them?

Guest oliver666

Can't see Rob choosing to comment on this as it would not be a good decision for his career.

RS have dropped a major clanger with this one. Would they have done the same if it was Keith Edwards?

I can' t see what all the fuss is about. many posters on here openly say that they don't listen to radio pig ( I'm in agreement) because of their pr stunts for S2 pigs. JP is better off now he can't be associated with that shower of poo they call broadcasters. My opinion only :blink: