John Pearson sets the record straight about Radio Sheffield situation

Wonder if anyone will be allowed to mention this on P&G tonight :ph34r:
It's Radio Sheffields loss because the people they've tried so far haven't been upto the job imo.
Shame the full version isn't public

However because of my perception that they are too blade orientated: the recent undermining of our WC bid success + the JP affair, I've bought into 'Player' and don't regret it

I agree there are little teething probs but I think It's brilliant if as has happened a bit to me recently you can't get to the odd game you really get the feeling you're at the match with your mates the other benefits are there too: interviews, extended highlights and commentary from most other matches are accessible

A live table is also online to show you our assent up the league as results will miraculously turn to our advantage -ok wishful thinking but it's great not to be in doubt what every single goal that goes in does to our chances of survival

*cough! usual fiver in me pm box james? :rolleyes: *

I've defended Football Heaven in the past because compared to other regional football radio shows they do do a good job. However, with this news about John and the attitude Piggy Walker has towards fans (even his fellow pigs) over the last season or so has been disgraceful.

Radio Sheffield as a radio station is a complete joke though. I switched it on this Monday and heard that old fart Rony Robinson asking people to phone in about what colour trousers people had on????

I don't think they know how popular John Pearson was until now, he brings passion, excitement and enthusiasm to the commentary and they will not find anybody to fill his shoes.

Until Bennett and Walker are replaced then I will not listen to radio pig.

I spoke to him on Saturday and he said he was still gutted about it. Told me they sacked him because he works at the ground which is ridiculous. The best thing about that station was JP.
I agree - loads off throw away comments, cliche's (the statement about us going onto win the forest match and two seconds later they scored a second)- embarrassing! He reminded me of a senile version of Pleat when he was droning on! RS used to be the only thing worth paying your TV licence fee for BBC funding - seems that everything has gone down the crapper!
My personal opinion is that John Pearson had started to detect certain RS presenters' obvious bias against Wednesday and started to make comments to that effect on air.

That's why I think they sacked him.

It's a shame that the head of the team is ridiculously animated when commentating on the pigs, yet when he commentates about us it's like there is a bit of poo poo under his nose.

Not saying I don't like them. Paul, seth and Andy are all very personable when you meet them and I think they are quality commentators.

They should try and be more fair though.....starting by giving us John Pearson back.

To all the above can I suggest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Wonder if anyone will be allowed to mention this on P&G tonight :ph34r:

While you're talking about that on Football Heaven tonight, why not bring up the fact that the club sacked Derek Dooley on Christmas Eve, and have a good old moan about them too?

What's happened, happened, and it's pointless bitching about it after the event.

God help us if we ever get promoted, and have a fairly successful season. Some of the contributors to this site will be rendered suicidal.

While you're talking about that on Football Heaven tonight, why not bring up the fact that the club sacked Derek Dooley on Christmas Eve, and have a good old moan about them too?

What's happened, happened, and it's pointless bitching about it after the event.

God help us if we ever get promoted, and have a fairly successful season. Some of the contributors to this site will be rendered suicidal.

How flippingrandom is that ?

Guest kn-OWL-edge

I seem to remember Big John saving a couple off Radio Sheff commentators from getting seven colours of sh!t kicked out of them at Burnley 2 years running.

I hope the commentators will be ok without their bodyguard when we go to Turf Moor next season.

flip Radio Pig

You really couldn't ask for anymore from JP, yes he was biased because he's one of us but Keith Edwards is no different when commentating on the pigs

It's their flippingfault by putting JP in awkward situations by asking him stupid questions live on air about the manager/chairman/club when he works for the club

He couldn't exactly say owt bad live on the radio about Laws could he? Which is what they wanted him to do

If you're reading JP, you're better of working without those lobbers

John Pearson's commentry was a major factor into me listening to Radio Sheffield. He was passionate and extremely knowledgeable about our club.

I can't believe they have sacked such a figure head and hugely popular person. Terry Curran is frankly embarrassing and irritating and clearly is not suited to the role , to the fact I have to turn the radio off as he's so annoying.

I would hope after all the furore that RS review the situation and ask JP to return as it is detremental to the radio station if they don't.

John Pearson's commentry was a major factor into me listening to Radio Sheffield. He was passionate and extremely knowledgeable about our club.

I can't believe they have sacked such a figure head and hugely popular person. Terry Curran is frankly embarrassing and irritating and clearly is not suited to the role , to the fact I have to turn the radio off as he's so annoying.

I would hope after all the furore that RS review the situation and ask JP to return as it is detremental to the radio station if they don't.

Agreed but RS loss is Player's gain

IMO his role should only be as a summariser of on the pitch stuff a role in which he is very able - If they tried using him to say what they the presenters daren't and get involved in the politics of the club it was pathetic.

I don't listen to the Other lot's games does edwards get asked if Blackspot should go?

flip Radio Pig

You really couldn't ask for anymore from JP, yes he was biased because he's one of us but Keith Edwards is no different when commentating on the pigs

It's their flippingfault by putting JP in awkward situations by asking him stupid questions live on air about the manager/chairman/club when he works for the club

He couldn't exactly say owt bad live on the radio about Laws could he? Which is what they wanted him to do

If you're reading JP, you're better of working without those lobbers

Just to balance the argument out, isnt that pretty much the dictionary definition of "Conflict of Interest"?

If it's so obvious that Laws is doing a terrible job (and it was!) and JP refused to say anything about it then he was obviously putting his job at the club before his job at Radio Pig.

Just to balance the argument out, isnt that pretty much the dictionary definition of "Conflict of Interest"?

If it's so obvious that Laws is doing a terrible job (and it was!) and JP refused to say anything about it then he was obviously putting his job at the club before his job at Radio Pig.

yes I agree he did make RS's case for them, but -you think then that it's a summariser's job to get involved in politics? I don't

surely he was employed by RS to summarise on the game

any view points about the politics within he club should have been handled by the correct officials through the proper channels

RS are guilty as hell of trying to back JP into a corner, it was totally unprofessional of them

they knew this and used it as their ace up the sleeve to oust him

lobbers

surely he was employed by RS to summarise on the game

any view points about the politics within he club should have been handled by the correct officials through the proper channels

RS are guilty as hell of trying to back JP into a corner, it was totally unprofessional of them

they knew this and used it as their ace up the sleeve to oust him

lobbers

Totally agree

While JP is a passionate Wednesday fan, I did feel that he was always loathe to criticise the team, manager or individual players. Contrast this with Keith Edwards who is always willing to have a go at Warnock, Blackwell, players etc. A position with SWFC will have influenced this.