John Pearson sets the record straight about Radio Sheffield situation

Wonder if anyone will be allowed to mention this on P&G tonight :ph34r:

Hope so but will probably just get cut off. flippinghate radio pig, i still think wednesday should give their commentry to Hallam fm and then we could get john pearson back.

My sentiments exactly Chris.

He made the away games worth listening too, i'll stick to watching Jeff and the gang on Sky now for the games I can't make.

Thats what iv been doing

Guest samkirkman

My sentiments exactly Chris.

He made the away games worth listening too, i'll stick to watching Jeff and the gang on Sky now for the games I can't make.

Except if it's Dean Windass doing the summing up. What a to$$er :angry:

Hope so but will probably just get cut off. flippinghate radio pig, i still think wednesday should give their commentry to Hallam fm and then we could get john pearson back.

I seem to remember all the pig fans phoning in and saying they hated him and wished RS would get rid of him. Sadly, it looks like they got their wish.

Guest Manwithastick

Certainly RS loss. JP is a fantastic bloke - approachable, knowledgeable and funny. The perfect foil for KDH9 at his bar nights. Rarely heard his commentaries as usually at the match but enjoyed him when i heard him. Glad he's got the balls

to give the facts publicly as well.

Shame the full version isn't public

However because of my perception that they are too blade orientated: the recent undermining of our WC bid success + the JP affair, I've bought into 'Player' and don't regret it

I agree there are little teething probs but I think It's brilliant if as has happened a bit to me recently you can't get to the odd game you really get the feeling you're at the match with your mates the other benefits are there too: interviews, extended highlights and commentary from most other matches are accessible

A live table is also online to show you our assent up the league as results will miraculously turn to our advantage -ok wishful thinking but it's great not to be in doubt what every single goal that goes in does to our chances of survival

*cough! usual fiver in me pm box james? :rolleyes: *

Guest aphextwins

I've defended Football Heaven in the past because compared to other regional football radio shows they do do a good job. However, with this news about John and the attitude Piggy Walker has towards fans (even his fellow pigs) over the last season or so has been disgraceful.

Radio Sheffield as a radio station is a complete joke though. I switched it on this Monday and heard that old fart Rony Robinson asking people to phone in about what colour trousers people had on????

I seem to remember all the pig fans phoning in and saying they hated him and wished RS would get rid of him. Sadly, it looks like they got their wish.

Was gonna edit the above message but I can't now.

Maybe we should do the same for Keith Edwards? I mean, fair is fair.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

I don't think they know how popular John Pearson was until now, he brings passion, excitement and enthusiasm to the commentary and they will not find anybody to fill his shoes.

Until Bennett and Walker are replaced then I will not listen to radio pig.