Investment Process

Guest bartos

Sick of excuses, sick of rumours, sick of fans being berated when the players are utter dogshit, sick of waiting for some mythical white knight to come riding to our rescue. From allens 100 million pound mate to bates to gregg to sheard and to the current lot the one solid thing through all that has been the fact that none of it has been as it seems. Us fans however have continued to support the club. We've kept paying in, even when being slagged off and abused. We've travelled in numbers, attended home games in numbers that most CCC clubs can only dream of and some prem clubs would be happy with. Yet its still not enough. Our neighbours have seen a massive upturn in support due to success on the pitch. We have had to stand by and watch while they lord it over us. We have to listen to their flippingbleating on the radio. We have to put up with the media going out of their way not to paint them in a bad light. Yet we're still not doing enough. We've got people on here trying to destabilise us. People in the media trying to destabilise us. Nobody knows who or what to believe. Yet we line up, week in week out to support the team. If the investors dont see the positives in amongst all the bullshit then they'd be better off investing in Specsavers shares.

For me, its time to poo poo or get off the pot. If we're on our own with no investment then fine. Bring it on. Lee and his team can carry on with my full support and we'll drag ourselves out. We wont die if we get no investment. We wont go into admin. We wont do a Pompey. We'll band together, circle the wagons and fight back together. Whilever theres this spectre of 'investment' hanging around theres a reason for people to moan and *****. Its an excuse thats easy to hide behind just like allen was. Even if the investment comes, which I honestly doubt it will, it wont be enough or it'll be wrong or it'll be too late or myriad other reasons why they're not happy. FFS, some people managed to moan about us winning the WC bid, harking back to Euro 96 and debts and the ground being too big and saying England wont win so we'll just look stupid. Basically, people will moan about owt and if this puts investors off then so be it. Its part of football I'm afraid, be it shoes off in a carpark, green and gold on matchdays or complaining on a messageboard. Anyone involved in football today needs thick skin.

If they are real and are waiting to see what league we're in then can someone come out and say it? Appeal to the fans to return to give the team a boost. If we need to hit a certain amount of ST's sold then tell us the flippingfigure. Cardiff can do a push and we'll get there if we know theres a crock of gold. As it is, to me, its just a crock of poo poo.

Hope this isnt seen as fud, I fully back LS et al and have done from the start. I'm just sick of treading water and think we need to move on. We're self digesting here. Its like a snake eating its own tail cos its bored or a monkey banging its head against the bars of his cage cos even pain is better than the boredom. Put us out of our misery and lets start again.

That's a reyt post.

Is that a 'seady' season like Chelsea's?

:biggrin:

I doubt any of our players have either the energy or passion for an illicit bonk.

SWFC - the home of celibacy!

Sick of excuses, sick of rumours, sick of fans being berated when the players are utter dogshit, sick of waiting for some mythical white knight to come riding to our rescue. From allens 100 million pound mate to bates to gregg to sheard and to the current lot the one solid thing through all that has been the fact that none of it has been as it seems. Us fans however have continued to support the club. We've kept paying in, even when being slagged off and abused. We've travelled in numbers, attended home games in numbers that most CCC clubs can only dream of and some prem clubs would be happy with. Yet its still not enough. Our neighbours have seen a massive upturn in support due to success on the pitch. We have had to stand by and watch while they lord it over us. We have to listen to their flippingbleating on the radio. We have to put up with the media going out of their way not to paint them in a bad light. Yet we're still not doing enough. We've got people on here trying to destabilise us. People in the media trying to destabilise us. Nobody knows who or what to believe. Yet we line up, week in week out to support the team. If the investors dont see the positives in amongst all the bullshit then they'd be better off investing in Specsavers shares.

For me, its time to poo poo or get off the pot. If we're on our own with no investment then fine. Bring it on. Lee and his team can carry on with my full support and we'll drag ourselves out. We wont die if we get no investment. We wont go into admin. We wont do a Pompey. We'll band together, circle the wagons and fight back together. Whilever theres this spectre of 'investment' hanging around theres a reason for people to moan and *****. Its an excuse thats easy to hide behind just like allen was. Even if the investment comes, which I honestly doubt it will, it wont be enough or it'll be wrong or it'll be too late or myriad other reasons why they're not happy. FFS, some people managed to moan about us winning the WC bid, harking back to Euro 96 and debts and the ground being too big and saying England wont win so we'll just look stupid. Basically, people will moan about owt and if this puts investors off then so be it. Its part of football I'm afraid, be it shoes off in a carpark, green and gold on matchdays or complaining on a messageboard. Anyone involved in football today needs thick skin.

If they are real and are waiting to see what league we're in then can someone come out and say it? Appeal to the fans to return to give the team a boost. If we need to hit a certain amount of ST's sold then tell us the flippingfigure. Cardiff can do a push and we'll get there if we know theres a crock of gold. As it is, to me, its just a crock of poo poo.

Hope this isnt seen as fud, I fully back LS et al and have done from the start. I'm just sick of treading water and think we need to move on. We're self digesting here. Its like a snake eating its own tail cos its bored or a monkey banging its head against the bars of his cage cos even pain is better than the boredom. Put us out of our misery and lets start again.

Well said.

Guest triple j

Brilliant.

I wish I could articulate like that instead my fuddish sounding ramblings.

Post of the year.

These investors are taking the wee wee as far as i can tell.

We have one of the finest fanbases in the country.

Sums up my feelings perfectly.

Applauds...bows...and totally agrees.....

well said mate

I too am a bit frustrated when i see other teams getting investment, even bloody portsmouth have people wanting to buy them!!

However, and iv said this before, recently but cant find the original post;

This club has had years of mismanagement, which has left it as a business, a complete mess. You cannot turn round any business overnight, and from memory, the current regime has been in charge for one year. One year, to reverse 15? Its not going to happen.

We all need to learn to be patient, for me as long as i see progress, im reasonably comfy - i would love to see us invest in players, to see Hillsborough updated, to be competing at the top end of the table. But i know that needs money. Wwe wont get money til we get investment. We wont get investment til there is something to invest in. Rebuilding the club into a viable business, that attracts investment, takes time.

Top post!

Best post I've read on this site. It's the hope that kills you. Investment has almost become more important than results. I suspect that LS can't tell it how it is totally without jeopardising the discussions but if investement doesn't come at the end of season, relegation or not, then I'd be happy if LS pulled up the drawbridge and said its just down to us lads. I could cope better with that than the continual speculation and disappointment.

For me, its time to poo poo or get off the pot. If we're on our own with no investment then fine. Bring it on....

Great post.

...This club has had years of mismanagement, which has left it as a business, a complete mess. You cannot turn round any business overnight, and from memory, the current regime has been in charge for one year. One year, to reverse 15? Its not going to happen.

We all need to learn to be patient, for me as long as i see progress, im reasonably comfy - i would love to see us invest in players, to see Hillsborough updated, to be competing at the top end of the table. But i know that needs money. Wwe wont get money til we get investment. We wont get investment til there is something to invest in. Rebuilding the club into a viable business, that attracts investment, takes time.

And another one.

Personally I'm quite happy for it to take 15 years to turn things around.

To coin one of the Chairman's phrases - "to do it organically".

Guest owlcoop

Thats exactly how I feel ,just wish I could get it across as well as you.

Guest SuedeS6

Well said Tris!!

Unfortunitely this is how fans behave when the football dished up is........well unacceptable to say the least! We look around to see what else grabs our attention. At the match, we usually turn our attention to the opposing fans and have a bit of banter, but what happens after the match, when there's no one around to vent your frustrations towards? We turn it on the Investors and Investment processes, The Chairman, Management, the players....even at each other ffs! I like to kick the dog and beat the wife as I find this a lot more constructive, however they have both left me now, so watch out C9S, Alan, Lee and the team :biggrin:

If you feel that strongly and you really want to do something positive, instead of continually moaning and bleating about the state of affairs, DO SOMETHING!!! There are quite a few of us that frequent this site that have attempted, on several occasions, to come up with alternative solutions that can either work hand in hand with Investors, or as stand alone solutions.

I'm willing to put whatever spare time and finance I have aside, to help in providing a workable solution to our current situation. If you want to do the same and have some workable and realistic ideas of your own, or would like to support the ideas already brought to the table, then lets start working together constructively. If we all gave the same amount of time as we do on here....whinging.....into a real project that would have a positive effect on the club, for years to come, then we would have nothing to complain about would we. Or do we just like to moan and complain???

The beauty of this game is the fact that we do have a voice as fans and we can have a positive effect on matters both on field and off, we just seem to take the easy option of moaning and sitting on our arses!

If anyone is interested in doing something realistic and positive, send me a message and I'll take a look at any new ideas and keep you posted on ideas that are already being considered! At the end of the day, we all have the same end goal (well most of us) and thats to see SWFC back in the mix, if you can help that process along, why not do it???

WTID

Excellent post - it sums up everything I have been trying to say for the last few weeks.

P.S. I used the word spectre to describe our doomed investment last week - I want my royalty! :biggrin: