Investment Process

Guest bartos

Guest hayhurst

Admin: Can we have a pinned topic on the Forum called FAQ with appropriate answers? We then wouldn't have to put up with the stupid repetetive questions and equally stupid and braindead responses which clog up the Forum.

This is a good idea, I'm sick of all the investment treads seems to be one or two a day with people latching on to a piece of evidence or a couple of words from a quote in the star or a miss-remembered quote from an interview. Then extrapolating wildly and stating their conclusion as absolute fact.

Its tedious.

I just get the feeling that all Laws had to do was get us to mid table this season for investors to be satisfied with our potential.

Does it pi55 anyone else off to see he’s walked into a 3-year premiership contract whilst leaving us no better off than when he arrived?

Yep.

All we needed was a seady season.

Except we have almost imploded !

Why the serious investors didn't do the deal in time to improve the squad and lessen the risk of relegation is beyond me. If I was putting money into Wednesday I would have wanted Championship football, not League 1.

If things continue as they are on the field, the investors will wave us goodbye.

Bob,

Your comment makes total sense, however LS has said many times that the division SWFC play in next season is irrelevant to the investors.

Also current on field performance isn't an issue. The investors are only interested in current attendances and season ticket sales.

It doesn't make any sense.

Surely any "normal" investor factors in "potential" and historical crowds with the liklihood/ potenital for PL football.

If SWFC are relegated to div 1, then PL football is further away. Gates (in theory) will drop, revenue will decrease, so surely this is significant.

There wont be any investment by these people until we're safe, didn't someone post their prospectus or something which stated they will only invest in premiership or championship clubs.

At least they recognise our 'passion' if not the need to get their fingers out!!

this taken from http://www.thepritchettperspective.blogspot.com/

I’m not a serious fan. What I’m talking about is an unmatched intensity of affinity that football (soccer, I mean) fans possess. It is bigger than Red Sox Nation, Da Bears and LeBron’s Cavs. These fans are truly stakeholders – invested emotionally, mentally and fiscally to their team in a way that is hard to describe. I’ve witnessed it over the past three months first hand in my dealings with the Brits. The only example I can think of to compare the fan intensity of English Soccer is SEC Football. With SEC football fans, there are simply times when families, jobs and friendships take a back seat. I know that sounds strange, but spend a week in Alabama during the Auburn vs. Bama game and you’ll know what I mean. That’s the way it is for English Soccer fans. The results of their team’s match define, in large measure, their own individual worth – at least for a time. That sort of intense support transcends players, coaches and owners. The affinity is often passed from generation to generation – in some cases for a century and a half. The team brand is stronger than any individual. That’s the sort of brand loyalty that corporations yearn to possess. And that’s one of the reasons why soccer is going to make it in the US. ESPN knows that the US soccer market now includes fans of pro teams in England, Germany, Italy, France, South Africa, Mexico, Brazil and other countries where soccer is king, in addition to fans of the MLS and NCAA teams

Sick of excuses, sick of rumours, sick of fans being berated when the players are utter dogshit, sick of waiting for some mythical white knight to come riding to our rescue. From allens 100 million pound mate to bates to gregg to sheard and to the current lot the one solid thing through all that has been the fact that none of it has been as it seems. Us fans however have continued to support the club. We've kept paying in, even when being slagged off and abused. We've travelled in numbers, attended home games in numbers that most CCC clubs can only dream of and some prem clubs would be happy with. Yet its still not enough. Our neighbours have seen a massive upturn in support due to success on the pitch. We have had to stand by and watch while they lord it over us. We have to listen to their flippingbleating on the radio. We have to put up with the media going out of their way not to paint them in a bad light. Yet we're still not doing enough. We've got people on here trying to destabilise us. People in the media trying to destabilise us. Nobody knows who or what to believe. Yet we line up, week in week out to support the team. If the investors dont see the positives in amongst all the bullshit then they'd be better off investing in Specsavers shares.

For me, its time to poo poo or get off the pot. If we're on our own with no investment then fine. Bring it on. Lee and his team can carry on with my full support and we'll drag ourselves out. We wont die if we get no investment. We wont go into admin. We wont do a Pompey. We'll band together, circle the wagons and fight back together. Whilever theres this spectre of 'investment' hanging around theres a reason for people to moan and *****. Its an excuse thats easy to hide behind just like allen was. Even if the investment comes, which I honestly doubt it will, it wont be enough or it'll be wrong or it'll be too late or myriad other reasons why they're not happy. FFS, some people managed to moan about us winning the WC bid, harking back to Euro 96 and debts and the ground being too big and saying England wont win so we'll just look stupid. Basically, people will moan about owt and if this puts investors off then so be it. Its part of football I'm afraid, be it shoes off in a carpark, green and gold on matchdays or complaining on a messageboard. Anyone involved in football today needs thick skin.

If they are real and are waiting to see what league we're in then can someone come out and say it? Appeal to the fans to return to give the team a boost. If we need to hit a certain amount of ST's sold then tell us the flippingfigure. Cardiff can do a push and we'll get there if we know theres a crock of gold. As it is, to me, its just a crock of poo poo.

Hope this isnt seen as fud, I fully back LS et al and have done from the start. I'm just sick of treading water and think we need to move on. We're self digesting here. Its like a snake eating its own tail cos its bored or a monkey banging its head against the bars of his cage cos even pain is better than the boredom. Put us out of our misery and lets start again.

Sick of excuses, sick of rumours, sick of fans being berated when the players are utter dogshit, sick of waiting for some mythical white knight to come riding to our rescue. From allens 100 million pound mate to bates to gregg to sheard and to the current lot the one solid thing through all that has been the fact that none of it has been as it seems. Us fans however have continued to support the club. We've kept paying in, even when being slagged off and abused. We've travelled in numbers, attended home games in numbers that most CCC clubs can only dream of and some prem clubs would be happy with. Yet its still not enough. Our neighbours have seen a massive upturn in support due to success on the pitch. We have had to stand by and watch while they lord it over us. We have to listen to their flippingbleating on the radio. We have to put up with the media going out of their way not to paint them in a bad light. Yet we're still not doing enough. We've got people on here trying to destabilise us. People in the media trying to destabilise us. Nobody knows who or what to believe. Yet we line up, week in week out to support the team. If the investors dont see the positives in amongst all the bullshit then they'd be better off investing in Specsavers shares.

For me, its time to poo poo or get off the pot. If we're on our own with no investment then fine. Bring it on. Lee and his team can carry on with my full support and we'll drag ourselves out. We wont die if we get no investment. We wont go into admin. We wont do a Pompey. We'll band together, circle the wagons and fight back together. Whilever theres this spectre of 'investment' hanging around theres a reason for people to moan and *****. Its an excuse thats easy to hide behind just like allen was. Even if the investment comes, which I honestly doubt it will, it wont be enough or it'll be wrong or it'll be too late or myriad other reasons why they're not happy. FFS, some people managed to moan about us winning the WC bid, harking back to Euro 96 and debts and the ground being too big and saying England wont win so we'll just look stupid. Basically, people will moan about owt and if this puts investors off then so be it. Its part of football I'm afraid, be it shoes off in a carpark, green and gold on matchdays or complaining on a messageboard. Anyone involved in football today needs thick skin.

If they are real and are waiting to see what league we're in then can someone come out and say it? Appeal to the fans to return to give the team a boost. If we need to hit a certain amount of ST's sold then tell us the flippingfigure. Cardiff can do a push and we'll get there if we know theres a crock of gold. As it is, to me, its just a crock of poo poo.

Hope this isnt seen as fud, I fully back LS et al and have done from the start. I'm just sick of treading water and think we need to move on. We're self digesting here. Its like a snake eating its own tail cos its bored or a monkey banging its head against the bars of his cage cos even pain is better than the boredom. Put us out of our misery and lets start again.

Absolutely spot on!

Edited by HarrowbyOwl

I too am a bit frustrated when i see other teams getting investment, even bloody portsmouth have people wanting to buy them!!

However, and iv said this before, recently but cant find the original post;

This club has had years of mismanagement, which has left it as a business, a complete mess. You cannot turn round any business overnight, and from memory, the current regime has been in charge for one year. One year, to reverse 15? Its not going to happen.

We all need to learn to be patient, for me as long as i see progress, im reasonably comfy - i would love to see us invest in players, to see Hillsborough updated, to be competing at the top end of the table. But i know that needs money. Wwe wont get money til we get investment. We wont get investment til there is something to invest in. Rebuilding the club into a viable business, that attracts investment, takes time.

I've now got an irrational need to stand up, shout 'COME ON!' and shake my fist at no one in particular. Which is quite unusual in an office environment.

:biggrin:

I too am a bit frustrated when i see other teams getting investment, even bloody portsmouth have people wanting to buy them!!

However, and iv said this before, recently but cant find the original post;

This club has had years of mismanagement, which has left it as a business, a complete mess. You cannot turn round any business overnight, and from memory, the current regime has been in charge for one year. One year, to reverse 15? Its not going to happen.

We all need to learn to be patient, for me as long as i see progress, im reasonably comfy - i would love to see us invest in players, to see Hillsborough updated, to be competing at the top end of the table. But i know that needs money. Wwe wont get money til we get investment. We wont get investment til there is something to invest in. Rebuilding the club into a viable business, that attracts investment, takes time.

I agree. I'm happy to wait and be patient. I'm just sick of the crap surrounding this 'investment'. Its been going on for years and its wearing thin. I dont need the promise of millions to support our team. Lee and his team are enough for me at the moment. What they have achieved is nothing short of miraculous really.

As for Pompey having buyers interested, can you imagine anyone with any 'integrity' being interested in bailing out that clusterrumble of a club? I cant, it'll be asset strippers and property developers all the way.

As for Pompey having buyers interested, can you imagine anyone with any 'integrity' being interested in bailing out that clusterrumble of a club? I cant, it'll be asset strippers and property developers all the way.

I'm surprised Jazzy Geoff and Disco Bobby haven't made an appearance yet.

Great post,

I feel angry because it's easy to feel like the club is losing it's self- respect in these negotiations.

I think the truth is there is interestes from various parties, however there's always a sticking point.

I think anyone with any business acumen would see SWFC as an opportunity. We are exactly the type of club that should receive interests.

We're under achieving with a big potential, however we're pretty desperate and can't go anywhere without considerable investment.

Any prospective investor would be taking a big risk but the potential rewards are also big, therefore they would try to negotiate a contract where

the SWFC shareholders only receive a small portion of the rewards. I would expect most of the reward to go to the investors (they made the risk).

It makes me wonder whether the SWFC major shareholders (DA and co) feel that they are negotiating from a position of power and are putting

unrealsistic conditions in the proposed contract.

My question is: What effect are the current SWFC major shareholders having on negotiations? Why don't they simply cut their lossess and lower their terms/ demands within the contract?

I've now got an irrational need to stand up, shout 'COME ON!' and shake my fist at no one in particular. Which is quite unusual in an office environment.

:biggrin:

Do it. Stand up and be proud. They can pontificate about investment but they'll never take our Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

(If you can do it in front of a fluttering flag with some stirring music in the background it'll really make an impact. Maybe some dry ice too, you can never have enough dry ice)

I can see it, but i dont know why..

Anyone that buys Pompey, who are headed for the Championship with £60M+ indebtedness with a pokey 20,000 seater stadium, must have their picture in Brewer's Phrase and Fable next to "more money than sense". And even then, why wouldn't you just buy Everton instead?

Great post,

I feel angry because it's easy to feel like the club is losing it's self- respect in these negotiations.

I think the truth is there is interestes from various parties, however there's always a sticking point.

I think anyone with any business acumen would see SWFC as an opportunity. We are exactly the type of club that should receive interests.

We're under achieving with a big potential, however we're pretty desperate and can't go anywhere without considerable investment.

Any prospective investor would be taking a big risk but the potential rewards are also big, therefore they would try to negotiate a contract where

the SWFC shareholders only receive a small portion of the rewards. I would expect most of the reward to go to the investors (they made the risk).

It makes me wonder whether the SWFC major shareholders (DA and co) feel that they are negotiating from a position of power and are putting

unrealsistic conditions in the proposed contract.

My question is: What effect are the current SWFC major shareholders having on negotiations? Why don't they simply cut their lossess and lower their terms/ demands within the contract?

Not sure da can do stuff like this what with his involvement at chez vegas and the other shareholders are Owls through and through who want whats best for the club dont they?