Line up for Saturday

After a couple of days thought i really do believe we should get the players fitness levels up in training and although this will shock people leave the ball alone until Thursday then work on tactics.

I'd go

Grant

Nolan Hinds Beevers Spurr

O'Connor Potter Mccallister

Tudgay Clarke Varney

Subs

O'Donnell, Simek, Gray, Soares, Boden, Esajas, Modest

Get tactics back to Wilkinson era but all players have to be able to run for 90mins.

We arent good enough to outplay teams any1 who went to our wins under Irvine is aware of this so lets go direct pump ball to Clarke/Tudgay have other 2 forwards gamble on flicking header on while 3 midfielders support and win 2nd ball if we dont win it along with fullbacks pushing up hence if midfielders get ball it goes outwide and straight back in box for 3 strikers to challenge for.

When your crap best option is to get ball in box as much as possible and play from there.

Also long throws/free kicks anywere on the park get Hinds & Beevers in there to challenge for the ball rather than having a 6ft player(Hinds) stood on half way line like saturday.

Guest AnotherOwl

After a couple of days thought i really do believe we should get the players fitness levels up in training and although this will shock people leave the ball alone until Thursday then work on tactics.

I'd go

Grant

Tudgay Clarke Varney

Subs

Get tactics back to Wilkinson era but all players have to be able to run for 90mins.

We arent good enough to outplay teams any1 who went to our wins under Irvine is aware of this so lets go direct pump ball to Clarke/Tudgay have other 2 forwards gamble on flicking header on while 3 midfielders support and win 2nd ball if we dont win it along with fullbacks pushing up hence if midfielders get ball it goes outwide and straight back in box for 3 strikers to challenge for.

When your crap best option is to get ball in box as much as possible and play from there.

Also long throws/free kicks anywere on the park get Hinds & Beevers in there to challenge for the ball rather than having a 6ft player(Hinds) stood on half way line like saturday.

I agree with the 'Wilkinson era' approach. The softly softly, back rub approach is not going to work. Brian tried it and it lost him his job. The players need a proper bollocking, and a good kick up the arse. They are being given far too much respect, and are being let off far too easily. If Alan gave them a grilling and forced them to lose their fear on the pitch or face worse consequences, they would probably end up thanking him, and continue to respect him, as they should.

Edited by AnotherOwl

------------------------------Grant-------------------------------

Simek---------------Hinds-------Beevers--------------Spurr

--------Potter--------Oconnor---------mcallister-----------

Tudgay-----------------------------------------------Varney

-------------------------Clarke--------------------------------

Irvine will go same line up as saturday, and replace Esajas with Soares.

Why do a lot people think that we should play Gray at left back.

Hes been worse than Spurr in the past two games

He played there for England and it was his position for the vast majority of his career i think.

Although the fact that he hasn't played there once since he signed for us indicates that he either isn't willing to play there, or the 2 managers we've had don't rate him at LB.

I'd go

Grant

Tudgay Clarke Varney

Subs

how the flip you gonna get fitness levels up in 2 days .......what u gonna do drug em ,wilko used 5-2 3 and had talented players banno,varadi,sterland lyons ,worthington,shelts etc etc .plus these tactics went out years ago teams would just wait for our dopey lot to all pile in the box and just pick em off.

Fitness levels cant be that bad surely extra 3days fitness would increase em slightly.

As for getting picked off then isnt that whats happened last 2games were we have created nothing? We need a diff approach as we aint good enough to out football teams.

As for players not being good enough lets remember were in the 2nd division not div1 like under wilkinson.